The online racing simulator
Camera positions and effects.
Not strictly driving improvements but as LFS seems to have budding home movie makers how about a few more tools for them . . . .

More camera positions, 'curb cam', 'bumper cam' (Front and rear), having the ability to 'stick' the camera to a car so that the axis of the camera follows that of the car.

Also physical effects like camera shake whilst on cars and being effected by the slipstream as cars pass by. Can you imagine the image of a 'bridge cam' fixed to as Aston overhead and as the BF1 comes whipping by, the bridge shakes in the slipstream. Whhhhaa'thump'aaammmmmmm. Wheeeeeaaaaaaa'thump'ammmmmmm.

I think if you got some effects like this actually built into the LFS engine then just imagine how much more life like LFS would look in these movies.

There are some really good movies already out there but give these guys even more tool and just think where they could take it . . . .

Appologies if this kinda thing has appeared already. I did do a brief search but it didn't turn up anything.
Nice thinking.
Hyyyyeeeeee thankyou . . . . .

It accoured to me after watching that Slow Mo BF1 movie. I couldn't help but think that that movie could be sexed up to the supreme if you could get the camera right into the curb or get some movement from the camera. There is so much scope with LFS's physics already looking the Bee's Knee's to really make some terrific movies. (Proof being that there already are some terrific movies.)

I been trying to practice a lead car camera with the POV facing backwards watching the car behind trying to make it look like a battle for the lead or whathaveyou. But I just can't ge the camera to follow the track well enough to look realistic.

Just the ability to 'Bolt' the camera to a car would be major step.

Would this be Scawens programming domain? Or is it something we can do? Ignorance is my fourte, but I'm always willing to learn.
And slighty friendlier user interface as well.

I wanna be able to pan, tilt and zoom all at the same time without getting my hands crossed and fightin' with the mouse . .. .
Quote from Funnybear :Not strictly driving improvements but as LFS seems to have budding home movie makers how about a few more tools for them . . . .

More camera positions, 'curb cam', 'bumper cam' (Front and rear), having the ability to 'stick' the camera to a car so that the axis of the camera follows that of the car.

Hi,
The bumper cam or sticking the cam to the car is possible atm.
I dont why but currently the camera cant rotate actually around all axis but only around 2.
I would welcome other effects as well.
Hmmm, I need to look at it somemore . . . I know you can get the camera right in low over the car or on the bumper excetera, but you have to manually turn it to keep it 'fixed'. I want an option to 'lock' it into place so you can generate those bumper cams that you see on TV.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG