The online racing simulator
Does LFS Require full admin rights?
Hi all,

I'm trying to run lfs on a pc that doesn't have have full windows admin rights,i can install ok using the "run as" options then entering the admin pass,but when i lauch the game,it cant see my wheel as a controller,if i then exit and lauch the game with the "run as" and admin pass,the controller is there and works perfectly.
Does anyone know how i can get round this problem?,as i dont want to give full admin to the user account,(as its my kids/guest pc),nore do i really want to have to be present to enter a admin pass everytime the game starts.

The wheel is a logitech driving force pro,under win xp pro sp3.

Thanks for any help offered
Make kids etc other account.
i see where your coming from,but its the kids that want to play it!! my 6 year old is mad on this game,but i wanna try and keep the pc locked-ish down
I use a power user account myself and it works fine, propably should be fine for "regular" user as well. Make sure the user you are running it with has proper access to the LFS directory (If you install it as admin and run as some other user the game is propably not able to write the config file for example, LFS (still) isn't capable of using the users home dir for that)
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Cheers guys,for the info's,i'm gunna have a look into it in a bit,(when i can get my boy off of it),He's only 5 and had a 7th place out of 12 eariler,Nuff Respect!.

Anyways i'll have a lookesy in a while and post what i find fixes it

Cheers again
Just install the game to the users "My documents" or "Desktop" then there should be no problems with write permissions
a
Attached images
rifk.png
My user name is funny
LoL! :P
My bad didn't get the joke when i looked at it first

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG