The online racing simulator
Wierd problem when Online >
(15 posts, started )
Hi everyone!

With the release of the new patch, I would like to drive around a bit. So this morning, i've installed the patch, and went on a public server for some Aston fun. I hadn't played the game for a while, and i've noticed I have loads of little bugs, that ruin the fabulous gameplay of the game. Bugs that have taken it to another level.

When I play, after like 3 or 4 minutes of driving, I get all kind of bugs, one after the other:

First i hear some wierd noises, like litle explosions, well the sound isn't clean anyway. Then game lags, and I get all sorts of polygones on the screen, white flashes, wierd texture flashes etc. The game isn't smooth anymore at all, and from time to time, it will eventually freeze for like 5 seconds, and the same stuff happens over and over.

It could sound like a graphical problem, but I've noticed that this ONLY happen during online play. Offline play, is very smooth, clean, and nothing to signal.

I really have no iddea whats going on, but its getting annoying, I can't have a normal race.

My config:

Athlon 3200+ 64 bit
Geforce 6800 GT
Asus mobo.

My connection: 10Mb (No problem elsewhere, only when playing LFS)
Runs on Windows XP Service pack 2.

I would be really gratefull, if someone could help me a bit, this is ruining my game. Thanks a bunch
Try some different video drivers from Nvidia, and see of that helps. Do not just try the newest ones, but try and get a previous version. It really can only be the first step to take to see if it fixes your issue. So please try that
Well, this problem follows me since over a year. Somehow it just got a bit worse. I've tryed loads of differents drivers, I even had other graphics cards etc. I really don't think its a graphic card problem, since when playing OFFLINE, I don't have any troubles.

Thanks for your help anyway. Don't hesitate to come up with something else
Have you tried running offline with lots of AI???

Sounds to me like your processor is struggling to cope with many cars on track.....
Yeah i've tested with 10 AI plus myself for like 10 minutes, without a problem. When online it takes 3 minutes to start to bug, lags, and almost freeze.

Dunno, could it be a connection setting? Grrrr, really want to sort it out.

Thanks people!
Which version of the patch are you running, test Patch T4 is out, might be worth a try....
Am running the last patch of the game!
#8 - Grudd
Quote from .ecniV :Am running the last patch of the game!

Last patch ? No no, you mean the latest

Anyway, i can't understand why online play can produce such bugs.

Can you test this:

Click on Start - Run - type "dxdiag" and click OK
Open the "Sound" tab and put hardware acceleration to zero.
Close dxdiag, lauch LFS and try again...

If the pb occurs again, we can maybe try this:

Click on Start - Run - type "msconfig" and click OK.
Open the "Startup" tab and click on "disable all"
Click OK, restart your computer and try again LFS

Hope it'll help
Quote from Grudd :Last patch ? No no, you mean the latest

Anyway, i can't understand why online play can produce such bugs.

Can you test this:

Click on Start - Run - type "dxdiag" and click OK
Open the "Sound" tab and put hardware acceleration to zero.
Close dxdiag, lauch LFS and try again...

If the pb occurs again, we can maybe try this:

Click on Start - Run - type "msconfig" and click OK.
Open the "Startup" tab and click on "disable all"
Click OK, restart your computer and try again LFS

Hope it'll help

Hi Grudd, and thanks. Unfortunately none of the 2 solutions mentionned above, worked

At first I thought it was better, playing like 5 minutes straight, without any problem, then it started again. Very wierd...

Its not over heating for sure, cause all the temperatures are fine, and anyway why would it over heat online, and not offline?

Thanks for your help anyway grudd! My girlfriend cooked some fruitcake yesterday, you want some?
sounds like you have an overheating problem.....
I dont want to pretend that I know what can cause this(sounds like you have a nightmares when playing online..), but I have an idea. If you can, reformat your harddrive and do the fresh installation of WinXP and every patches. Then get the LATEST driver of every piece of hardware you have(Mobo/chipset, Cool n Quiet, graphics, sound.. and whatever you have).

Then borrow some another network adaptor(i presume you are connected via net adaptor according to the speed) - ideally 100MBit full duplex capable(any modern adaptor). Get the latest driver for it as well and test if it works..

I know that I didnt say anything really helpful, I just realized that when it is happening online, it might be connected to the network adaptor driver which doesnt like LFS.
Hi madcats thanks for your interest... Well i really wanted to find another solution before the 'formating' one. But you're probably right, since nothing has worked. Booh. I hate formating. I'll try some other possibilities before, then I'll consider doing it.

Thank you all.
well, i'll tell ya what.. i got the exact same issue.. and it's really gettin on my nerves now... 10 sec freezes and whatnot, and you name it.. and it also happens while im online...

dont tell me it's my overclockin , cos i tried with none to no avail..plus, i have no problem whatsoever with all my games that include heavy flight sims and all sort of intensive CPU/GPU games... so what the heck is wrong with LFS ?

ecni, do you have an nforce3 MB ?
Quote from silent_wind :
ecni, do you have an nforce3 MB ?

Yes sir.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG