The online racing simulator
Boxing Thread
(30 posts, started )
#1 - AMB
Boxing Thread
bernard " i can get it " Dunne.... champion in his division, irish too...

either him or rocky ( he counts doesn't he ?? )
#3 - sam93
I follow boxing.

My favourite boxers are Mike Tyson, Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan.

My most favourite out of those has to be Ricky Hatton.

Anyone else heard that Khan wouldn't mind a fight with Hatton. Hatton would most likely KO him in the first couple of seconds of the first round lol.
#4 - AMB
Hatton would just out punch him, Khan's only plus is his speed against Hatton maybe.
#5 - sam93
Quote from AMB :Hatton would just out punch him, Khan's only plus is his speed against Hatton maybe.

Hatton isn't as fast as Khan but he is deffently a lot harder at punching. Hattons signature body blow would just put Khan on the canvas.
Boxing is nothing to what it used to be, and for that I put the blame squarely over the feet over the promoters and corrupt boxing.

Take Khans last fight, an innocent head knock between both fighters resulted in a heavy cut to Barrera in the first round. Now it was clear to everyone that the fight should have been stopped as Barrera needed to see the doctor after every round, but they waited to the round 5 before the ref decided to call a Technical Knock out.....Why was that?

Because if it the fight had been stopped inside the first four rounds due to the head clash, it would have been classified as a no decision. Anything to let the wonder boy get his win, and considering Frank Warren is around, I'll keep my cynicism.

Boxing has been corrupt for years now, always has been, but the last 15/20 years has seen some shocking decisions that looked more than iffy, mismatched matches that last no longer than the 2nd round and boxers grace the top that shouldn't even be walking the streets, it's a shame, because there is nothing I like more than watch a decent fight...unfortunately the best I have is the old fights of Frasier/Ali /Foreman and Sugar Ray.
"Violence is not the way" - sayd the boxer in the movie "Fat Pizza" Damn good movie.
Last fight I watched was way back in high school. Can't remember who Mike Tyson was fighting, but my brother said just before the fight started, "I'll be back, gotta take a leak." He came back about 15 seconds later. Dad and I looked at him and both said, "Man, you missed a good fight."

I take that back. My coworkers and I have personal interest in Brian Minto because he use to work with us a few years. My brother went to school with him. Watched a few of his fights on ESPN.
i dont really follow boxing, but i do it myself as sports boxing, that means i dont hit others, just getting a better shape by boxing. But ive watched some matches and i think roy jones junior is my favourite
#10 - AMB
at the moment carl the cobra froch is my favourite fighter, he has a granite chin, and hands of stone, great fighter, wouldnt mind seeing calzaghe come out retirement to fight him
Quote from AMB :+1 Yes you got taste!

yeah i got a good taste, but now ive chanced my mind. last night i saw the amin asikainen is back match and really like him alot. only bad thing in the fight was that the oppent got injured and couldnt fight that well.
also, this is a boxing thread so anyone looing foward to fnr 4 to come? i am alot actually, really loved fnr 3
I like Bernard Dunne,or Katie Taylor, anyone seen her fight?
Wow amazing fight tonight Englishman Carl Froch vs the American Jermain Taylor. Anyone watch? 14 seconds to go, Taylor in front, Carl needing the knock out. Bang down ya go

Cracking fight. Froch said next on his list is to get Joe Calzaghe out of retirement. This is shaping up great.
Manny Is about to fight Hatton! In a few seconds! hmmm, what did AMD do to get banned?
Hatton got pwnz0red. I lol'd.

AMB was banned for spamming the forums, it also includes a 999 day in game ban.
i knew manny would win... but i didnt think it would be that fast.
OWNED.
It was nice, my dad was shouting like mad "Look!!! OMG!! WHAT A MACHINE HE IS!!, oh he's going to beat the crap out of that english man!!" lol damn cool, I had to go running to his room and watch the last round with him
Proud to be Pinoy.
It's time for Hatton to retire, he isn't the fighter he use to be. If he was still in his prime like when he fought kysta, I would think he would have beaten Manny.

But, Hatton's career is now over, no where near as good as what he once was.
The fight showed the arrogance of Hatton. He believed that he could get away without keeping his hands up....sorry but that only leads to canvass. Everyone is aware of Mannys punch ability, to go in and leave yourself open is asking for trouble.

It should be Hattons last fight.....but boxers unfortunately don't know when they're finished.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The fight showed the arrogance of Hatton. He believed that he could get away without keeping his hands up....sorry but that only leads to canvass. Everyone is aware of Mannys punch ability, to go in and leave yourself open is asking for trouble.

It should be Hattons last fight.....but boxers unfortunately don't know when they're finished.

Hatton will retire I think. When Hatton was in his prime, he would have floored Manny, but he is no longer the fighter he once was.

Hatton will mostly retire and become a promoter as he promoted his brother, Mathews fight.
Quote from AMB :Anyone follow/or enjoy boxing, well who's your favourite fighters etc

Mines RJJ - Roy Jones Junior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPT6E_ouBnM

Fast as lightning.

I don't watch boxing. They allow people convicted of very serious crimes to be involved at all levels of the game. I refuse to be a party in any way to lining the pockets of murderers and rapists.

Boxing Thread
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG