The online racing simulator
LFS under linux!
(13 posts, started )
LFS under linux!
I recently switched over to linux from vista and I'm very excited that I got lfs to work!

granted I still have dual boot for certain games, but it makes me happy to know that lfs works great!

http://www.dapcwiz.com/misc/lfs-linux.png

(sorry its a huge screenshot, lol) It was actually pretty simple... just a tiny bit of fiddling with wine. fps in windows are like 90+ normally... and mostly in the 50-70 range under 'nix... but still very playable.
#2 - samjh
I've been playing LFS on Linux from the beginning. No problems at all, except some minor shadow and mirror artefacts.
awesome ^_^
Gimme G25 support and I might go for a few laps again...
Quote from frokki :Gimme proper G25 support and I might go for a few laps again...

fixed that for you... g25 does work in linux, it's force feedback that's bunk... wine's directinput implementation blows chunks.
There's a patch for FFB support AFAIK, although I've never tried it...
Quote from JohnUK89 :There's a patch for FFB support AFAIK, although I've never tried it...

what, this? they added that, or something like it to wine 1.0. it's still bunk.
Quote from bunder9999 :what, this? they added that, or something like it to wine 1.0. it's still bunk.

Meh, it figures really...of course, Wine will never be perfect and we can't expect it to be
Quote from bunder9999 :what, this? they added that, or something like it to wine 1.0. it's still bunk.

ah really? I hadn't tried my g25 yet... was just playing w/ mouse steer, lol. Imma hook it up soon and see how it goes...
Quote from TehSt1g :ah really? I hadn't tried my g25 yet... was just playing w/ mouse steer, lol. Imma hook it up soon and see how it goes...

you'll need some hacks. first you need a recent kernel, 2.6.25 or newer... and to patch the hid-ff.c file. i don't know if they ever added the g25 properly to newer kernels, but it's not hard to check the file if you have the source unpacked.

usbtool - this program tells the system to turn on 900degree mode, enable the clutch pedal and shifter... you'll want this for sure.

cheers
Hey, can you post a tutorial on how to do that? Ive been trying to for weeks.
there really isn't much to do... edit the file, re-compile the kernel (editing the config as necessary)... reboot. run usbtool using the script i wrote and that's pretty much it.
sweet. glad i did a quick forum search.

I took have recently got linux so it's nice to know this game runs under it as it's the main game i currently play.

I straight away went off and tried it after reading this post. I assume the multiplayer works online too but it's pretty cool. Even runs proper full screen if you let linux handel the window manager else I found with the duel menu of gnome it was getting stuck in between. Two buttons on my playstation 2 controller do not work in linux. Thankfully they are X and O but i can still map the buttons. There probably is a different driver out there I can or need to use.

Overall, cool

LFS under linux!
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG