The online racing simulator
London Marathon 2009
(18 posts, started )
London Marathon 2009
Hey all,

I know I don't get on with alot of you dudes but I ran the London Marathon on Sunday and can recommend it to EVERYONE here. It is such an incredible experience and definately something everyone should do once.

I ran for the Children's Trust charity in my race suit and helmet, on an incredibly hot day I was on for a 4 hour race at the half way point but lost so much fluid i got cramps, and only managed a 4:54. I kept my stuff on for the entire race however

The BBC and A paper daawn saaaf picked up on it,

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/ ... o?id=23369354&page=15

The noise from everyone cheering and shouting "LOOK ITS THE STIG" and "Some say he runs marathons" was such a boost. I had BTCC driver Gareth Howell coming over for a chat and wishing me luck at the start too, which was mint.

But really I am here to ask if anyone can make a donation to The Children's Trust, which was the official charity this year.

www.justgiving.com/willdendy

It's not for me. It's for the nippers.

Cheers guys
Congrats running for 5 hours in a race suit is quite an effort!
Lol thats pretty special. Nice one!
Good job. Maybe next year... ive said that for the last 4
Well done, thats something i will try and do later in my life.

But am not mad enough to do it in a racing suit and helmet. Thats just insane. I like how you got spotted.

Well done
"Some say he runs marathons" Lol,

Grats on doing a good job.
#7 - 5haz
Thanks alot all

It really is a great experience so check it out for 2010,

www.london-marathon.com

and raising money for charity makes it even better!
My advice is, anyone can do it aslong as you don't give up
#9 - J@tko
Gratz mate
Wow, kudos to you, nice one
Just wanna thank everyone here who has donated!

The donations are coming in very fast over the last day or two so sorry if I don't think you personally, but it means so much
If I had any money I would sponsor you!
#14 - Nobo
awesome dude. Must have been hot under the helmet
Well done fella, sub 5 hours is an achievement, you should be proud.
Great time, but that's not what matters...I have great respect for anyone doing something like this for charity, and frankly you're pretty inspiring! Well done mate, seriously!

Quote :daaan saaaf

I got an email from Terence Dove saying how brilliant you were btw, I assume he coaches you - is he any good?
Thanks alot fellas, means alot.

And Terrence is awesome Tim, I first met him in 2005, coached in May 06 and he has helped me ever since, still speak 3 years on!

Really really recommend him man.

Check out www.evenflow.co.uk
Do you race??
Im actualy a runner who singn op fpor the 10 kilometers alot im now 17 and can run it in 54 minutes flat.

Im training my stamina to hold out on the marathon of rotterdam
I just see if i can give you some money to.

Im eventualy also planning on doing some kind of charity run

London Marathon 2009
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG