The online racing simulator
XFR Rally Option
(18 posts, started )
XFR Rally Option
XFR has a great design that looks like such as WRC series car identically. Moreover XFR is FWD car. Why not we don't have a rally option? It's discussible that the front splitter is too prominent for a rally car. Maybe it could be ignored or maybe it could be cutted in rally version as like as LX series cars options such as open roof/ soft top..

Related posts in the forum about XFR rally version and intro screenshot of XFR:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1143013#post1143013

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=799963#post799963

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=800027#post800027
Attached images
bkg_entry.jpg
yeah, just make the front bumper a little bit rounder and it would be perfect for rally. but i think that this car has a diffuser at the back, does it ?
is it just me, or do none of the GTR's allow rally tires?
Correct blunder9999, no hybrids or knobblies available for any GTR's.

I like that suggestion like rally/track for an option like the open top/soft top switch in LX to adjust the car model slightly.
+1. ATM we have no good powerful rally car, i think it would be great for it
Yeah i agree with all of u
me too
Quote from ADX.14 :Why not we don't have a rally option?

Because we don't have rally stages to use rallycars on?

Rally != Rallycross
Quote from Huru-aito :Because we don't have rally stages to use rallycars on?

Rally != Rallycross

Come on.. Aristotelian logic deserves more than this. According to your assumption rally cars are not drivable on rallycross tracks. On the other hand I suggested a rally car (it's obvious for rallycross circuits), not the rally sprint track.

As a conclusion, the thread's purpose is about the XFR on the dirt roads.
I'd still love to see point-to-point rally tracks in LFS and cars to fit.

There's not really much point having WRC-spec cars for track racing, but it'd be nice for both rallycross and any future rally tracks.

XFW, RBW and maybe even FZW. I'd take an XRW as well, but that base is used everywhere
Quote from Dajmin :I'd still love to see point-to-point rally tracks in LFS and cars to fit.

There's not really much point having WRC-spec cars for track racing, but it'd be nice for both rallycross and any future rally tracks.

XFW, RBW and maybe even FZW. I'd take an XRW as well, but that base is used everywhere

Too many same cars in my opinion, but yes, just more different cars for Slicks/Rally abilities
Quote from Dajmin :I'd still love to see point-to-point rally tracks in LFS and cars to fit.

I guess that will be coming with the proposed "rallypack" that is yet to be determined. That was the main factor of me buying LFS. Though I have not heard any mention of it in a long while.

My understanding was the rallypack will have a couple rally-prepped cars, a couple of point-to-point tracks and a couple hillclimb style tracks.

I'm guessing the multi-player part will take more work than the actual track building, since there isn't a timed-interval start system yet. Frankly, I wouldn't care about multiplayer with the rallypack.

I think the last I heard the rallypack was not going to be released until S2 was done, but don't quote me on that, I'm too lazy to search.

Brendan
I would love to see a RALLY STAGE in LFS. i know people wills say play Colin Mcrea 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 ,5. But i don't like the way cars control... LFS is so realistic.

Not hard DEV's you took a long time to make Sirocco your still making it. why not write a small note on your dire and make it. all it needs bumper cut , rallycross tyres on them.

its boring to use slick mod players can't join then..
I'd love to play RBR's Joux Plane in LFS with an XRT or LX6 etc, would be amazing.
Quote from mtucker :I'd love to play RBR's Joux Plane in LFS with an XRT or LX6 etc, would be amazing.

Yeah it would!! That route always made my palms sweat. I loved running it flat-out with the MG.

Brendan
Quote from batteryy :+1. ATM we have no good powerful rally car, i think it would be great for it

+2.
I think a powerful rally car would be a great idea!
For me the only thing which is highly needed right now to organise simple pick-up rally event in LFS is the lack of layout saving protection.

We have:
- cars with knobbly tyres
- few gravel tracks, which we can slightly modify with autox objects
- autox system where we can define start and finish of the stage, together with route control

We need:
- insim host system which will join couple of servers with different layouts an will be responsible for maintaining the rally stage by stage progress; driver will register on first server, will have some time to familiarize with all the stages, then will be assigned with time to give the "virtual time control card" at the start of the first stage; after finishing that stage will be assigned with time to give the card at the next server, and so on.
- insim application responsible for pace notes; a some kind of mix of CSR (external sound playing) and TvDirector (defining points on the track, which will be used as the base for pace notes playing).

XFR Rally Option
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG