The online racing simulator
Grip Driver must pay up
(231 posts, started )

Poll : Should he pay up?

Yes
No
Quote from Thorvertonian :You made a bet and refused to pay!

No I didn't. I need to have legal rights to actually carry out the bet, it is illegal in some cases to even bet on the internet like this, I am not over 18, and it needs to be somehow approved, in my case, the US government. Also, you have no right whatsoever to take money from me, and I also have no idea where you even live.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Also, you have no right whatsoever to take money from me...

But you do have the duty to pay up!
I'd like to change my vote from "No" to "Yes".
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :No I didn't. I need to have legal rights to actually carry out the bet, it is illegal in some cases to even bet on the internet like this, I am not over 18, and it needs to be somehow approved, in my case, the US government. Also, you have no right whatsoever to take money from me, and I also have no idea where you even live.

Then why did you make a bet? Illegal action could be taken
Pay pay pay, Pay pay pay, Pay pay pay!
You will miss the smell of a few bucks sitting in front of you, ahh the lovely green smell just before buying something, wave the money in front of your face and you will feel alive, ALIVE!!
Pay pay pay, Pay pay pay, Pay pay pay!
Nobody is going to take money from you, so there's no issue of rights. Of course there's nothing stopping you from honouring your bet and giving someone else some money, which is an entirely different set of events. Exactly where people live is unimportant, only the country is relevant. Transferring money by PayPal, or similar, is remarkably easy.

Also, there's no need to be so rude to everyone. Clearly you weren't being serious when you made the bet, and I doubt anyone else in this thread is either.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :No I didn't. I need to have legal rights to actually carry out the bet, it is illegal in some cases to even bet on the internet like this, I am not over 18, and it needs to be somehow approved, in my case, the US government. Also, you have no right whatsoever to take money from me, and I also have no idea where you even live.

But if you don't pay up that makes you a lying, dishonest cheat. Because you DID say you WOULD give him money. No disclaimers, no 'only kidding' in white text. You effectively promised to give someone money.
Quote from tristancliffe :But if you don't pay up that makes you a lying, dishonest cheat. Because you DID say you WOULD give him money. No disclaimers, no 'only kidding' in white text. You effectively promised to give someone money.

and I did. I gave him the $1000. I didn't say how I would give it to him, or if the $1000 would be real, I still gave it to him. Look at my last post.
Which is a shameful way to avoid your moral obligations.
It's hilarious, this thread. GD, you get wound up so easily and you panic so much, it's bloody hilarious.
#88 - Jakg
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :WHAT!!!! I was kidding!!!!! man someone is a retard!!!!! What is your problem!!!!!! You guys don't understand some Americans... it's called SARCASM. Check it out...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

Also, why would I give $1000 away?

You failed to see the sarcasm in this thread, and therefore, you do not understand sarcasm.

Therefore, you cannot have made a sarcastic comment. Thus, your comment should and will be taken seriously.

Therefore you need to pay $1000.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :and I did. I gave him the $1000. I didn't say how I would give it to him, or if the $1000 would be real, I still gave it to him. Look at my last post.

You didn't give him anything, you showed him a pikcha.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :no it's just reverse psychology.

Money must be real man, i cant check if that 1000$ bill is real or just some picture made by you, pay up man.
/sarcasm
Do you seriously think I am going to pay up?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Do you seriously think I am going to pay up?

Do you seriously think we're being serious? :doh:
I am. If I told someone I'd pay them money if they successfully completed a challenge I set down, then I'd honour that.

Exceptions are if it's obviously a silly payment - e.g. cookies to the first person that...
Quote from tristancliffe :I am. If I told someone I'd pay them money if they successfully completed a challenge I set down, then I'd honour that.

Exceptions are if it's obviously a silly payment - e.g. cookies to the first person that...

Just as you promised to eat loads of Jaffa Cakes at the meet but you chicked out on the day. I did not thrust said Jaffa cakes into your mouth...
Quote from tristancliffe :I am. If I told someone I'd pay them money if they successfully completed a challenge I set down, then I'd honour that.

I agree. If i tell someone i will pay them if they complete a challenge i would pay them, simple as.

Quote from samforey12345 :I agree. If i tell someone i will pay them if they complete a challenge i would pay them, simple as.

are you guys serious? Do you still believe in the tooth fairy, too?
Has nothing to do with the tooth fairy. It's about having some honor and being a man of your words, but you obviously wouldn't know very much about that.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :are you guys serious? Do you still believe in the tooth fairy, too?

quite serious - pay up sucker!

Grip Driver must pay up
(231 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG