The online racing simulator
Quote from D.Zanetti :pfft thats what kimi looks like every friday night.

Looks like alonso needs an ice-cream and a coke!
Quote from mythdat :*pics*

Holy shit, he looks an aweful lot like Tea Bag (Prison Break) on that first picture!!
Anyway, kudo's to him finishing the race yeah..

I just finished watching the race, quite entertaining all-in-all, especially the first couple of laps.. some great racing going on! I do hope the Brawn's supremacy will wear-off a bit more for the coming races. Even though Jenson really is doing a flawless job, it still seems a bit too easy!
Quote from traxxion :Holy shit, he looks an aweful lot like Tea Bag (Prison Break) on that first picture!!
Anyway, kudo's to him finishing the race yeah..

I just finished watching the race, quite entertaining all-in-all, especially the first couple of laps.. some great racing going on! I do hope the Brawn's supremacy will wear-off a bit more for the coming races. Even though Jenson really is doing a flawless job, it still seems a bit too easy!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74911

He says otherwise now
I can see an epic title battle between Brawn's Button and Red Bull's Vettel.

It will all come down to the final round at Abu Dhabi, where both drivers will take eachother off last corner last lap, the championship will then be decided by a 100m sprint to the line, infuriating Max, who will take away both their championship points, handing the champ to Glock. :P
I think he's overstating the case a tad! He was clearly the fastest on Friday but the mass media only report the final times. But they are catching deffo
Quote from Timdpr :"Everyone has caught up and I think red Bull has actually overtaken us"

Apparently equals:

"Championship leader says Red Bull has already leapt ahead of Brawn!!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!"

Psychological warfare.

Pitching a competitor as being "better", takes off pressure from his own team and places on the other team. It also makes his team look better when they "beat" the "better" team in the next race.
imo, if someone said i/my team was better, it'd make me more confident when faced with them tbh, because they think i'm better.
Imo the Redbull and Brawns are pretty close a good driver can settle the diffrences.
Quote from BenjiMC :imo, if someone said i/my team was better, it'd make me more confident when faced with them tbh, because they think i'm better.

Then it will be over-confidence, which results in either binning the car by over-driving or being disappointed due to lack of pace.
Quote from Kalev EST :If Hamilton is "average" then who out of the current drivers are "good"?

Sutil is good at crashing his car or being crashed by a red one

Quote from dawguk :sucks to be you ...

yeah, i know.... i kinda gave up after shumi left. but kept a little hope with kimi.. but now its all gone to the flawless Vettel...

Quote from Intrepid :Dude please. I think Hamilton has proved beyond reasonable doubt that he is one of the top drivers in F1. He has helped take a car that in Barcelona was 2+ seconds off the pace and then SCORE in each and EVERY race this year with that car. He is 1 of only 4 drivers to do this. The car is now within .5 second of the ultimate pace and somehow Hamilton is average?

OK he may not have to come up with the developmental ideas but is there a man on the grid at the moment who is getting more out of their car than Hamilton? No!

BTW Alonso ... one of his best races... !

yes , he is one of the top drivers, when he has a car that is good out of the box. there is no doubt that he is makin this years car better. but no win yet, when he wins a race i will agree with what you say. can he do an Alonso ? (what i mean is... startin with an awful car, then winning 2gp's in a row at the end of the season)

edit: who else here thinks that button glitched when he passed hamilton ?
Quote from el pibe :Sutil is good at crashing his car or being crashed by a red one

yeah, i know.... i kinda gave up after shumi left. but kept a little hope with kimi.. but now its all gone to the flawless Vettel...

yes , he is one of the top drivers, when he has a car that is good out of the box. there is no doubt that he is makin this years car better. but no win yet, when he wins a race i will agree with what you say. can he do an Alonso ? (what i mean is... startin with an awful car, then winning 2gp's in a row at the end of the season)

edit: who else here thinks that button glitched when he passed hamilton ?

That is a stupid assumption, in order to win your car has to let you.
The driver does not design the car as well.
I don't like Hamilton. He's clearly a PR machine. He lies. He's arrogant and simply irritating to look at or listen to. I rate him, as a man, as one the scum of the world in many, many ways.

I didn't think he was a great driver (though I don't think I'd be stupid enough to call him absolutely rubbish). He's always had the best car/kart since he was a baby (nearly), and as such is a spoilt annoying brat (see first paragraph) that thinks he's the best. In the first two years of his career whenever we saw him 'up against it' he made mistakes or did something stupid. I always said we needed to see him in a crap car to see how good he actually is.

And now we have that scenario, and I'll have to bite the bullet and admit that he's driving really, really well. Probably the best driving on the grid (although it's hard to be sure this early in the season with only one 'normal' race to judge it on). He's getting his McLiaren, that should be around 10th -14th on the grid into the top dozen in qualifying and races. And it's more than just sound strategists on the pitwall or clever engineers in the wind tunnel (far from it), but good, solid driving.

I'm impressed with Hamilton at last. It's taken a few years (never been impressed with him since his F3 days when I first heard about him properly), but he's finally driving like a world champion (something he didn't do for 95% of last year).

I like Ferrari. I like Brawn. But I can see that Alonso and Hamilton are driving very, very, VERY well at the moment.
Uhhmm yeah I agree with you except for the:

Quote :He's getting his McLiaren, that should be around 10th -14th on the grid into the top dozen in qualifying and races.

The car was around 10th-14th on the grid in Melbourne and maybe Malaysia but certainly not in China or Bahrain. Said by DLR. He's done a great work anyways... Unlike Kovi.
Quote from diablo21 :Uhhmm yeah I agree with you except for the:

The car was around 10th-14th on the grid in Melbourne and maybe Malaysia but certainly not in China or Bahrain. Said by DLR. He's done a great work anyways... Unlike Kovi.

with him*

The car has improved and its very close to the front, its basically at the same stage as alonso was in at the back end of the season, the car was good but he made it look great.

Barcelona should be a much harder test for a kers car though, with high downforce the non kers cars will have a huge advantage with surpirior weight spread.
Quote from diablo21 :Uhhmm yeah I agree with you except for the:

Kovi has been doing a solid job of late, and is qualifying where the car ought to be qualifying. He's clearly a decent driver. But Hamilton is over-qualifying the car in places where it shouldn't really be. So it looks as though Kovi is doing a bad job. Same at Renault - Alonso is doing a fantastic job and is making Piquet look worse than he really is, because Piquet is (generally, mistakes notwithstanding) getting the car where it should be.
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't like Hamilton. He's clearly a PR machine. He lies. He's arrogant and simply irritating to look at or listen to. I rate him, as a man, as one the scum of the world in many, many ways.

I didn't think he was a great driver (though I don't think I'd be stupid enough to call him absolutely rubbish). He's always had the best car/kart since he was a baby (nearly), and as such is a spoilt annoying brat (see first paragraph) that thinks he's the best. In the first two years of his career whenever we saw him 'up against it' he made mistakes or did something stupid. I always said we needed to see him in a crap car to see how good he actually is.

And now we have that scenario, and I'll have to bite the bullet and admit that he's driving really, really well. Probably the best driving on the grid (although it's hard to be sure this early in the season with only one 'normal' race to judge it on). He's getting his McLiaren, that should be around 10th -14th on the grid into the top dozen in qualifying and races. And it's more than just sound strategists on the pitwall or clever engineers in the wind tunnel (far from it), but good, solid driving.

I'm impressed with Hamilton at last. It's taken a few years (never been impressed with him since his F3 days when I first heard about him properly), but he's finally driving like a world champion (something he didn't do for 95% of last year).

I like Ferrari. I like Brawn. But I can see that Alonso and Hamilton are driving very, very, VERY well at the moment.

lol Tristan finally coming round. And btw he hasn't always has the best kart/car!
Not so much "finally coming round", as for the last couple of years I don't believe he was driving this well. He's upped his game, and is now driving at the level the hype suggests he always has been. And only last race, he did a Massa and kept spinning in the rain - even Kovi (who people seem to think is the worst driver ever?) didn't do that.

So it fluctuates. Sometimes he drives no better than me (sarcasm and exaggeration), and other times he's one of the best drivers out there. But he's no Senna or Schumacher yet.
Quote from tristancliffe :Kovi has been doing a solid job of late, and is qualifying where the car ought to be qualifying. He's clearly a decent driver. But Hamilton is over-qualifying the car in places where it shouldn't really be. So it looks as though Kovi is doing a bad job. Same at Renault - Alonso is doing a fantastic job and is making Piquet look worse than he really is, because Piquet is (generally, mistakes notwithstanding) getting the car where it should be.

What determines "where it should be"?

I think if there's a large margin between drivers in the same team, then it's more likely that one is under-performing rather than the other one over-performing.
Fair enough, but watching Kovi and Piquet onboard I would say they are driving quite well, hitting apexes, getting on the power reasonably early, and not doing anything that would suggest they are overdriving, making mistakes or losing time. Although there is only so much that can be judged from onboard footage I know.

It just strikes me that Alonso and Hamilton seem to be getting more out of their car than a well driven sister car isn't able to acheive, and hence I think they are over-performing - at least in Bahrain.

Without access to all the telemetry and all the car data then it's impossible to know for sure of course...
Quote from tristancliffe :Fair enough, but watching Kovi and Piquet onboard I would say they are driving quite well, hitting apexes, getting on the power reasonably early, and not doing anything that would suggest they are overdriving, making mistakes or losing time. Although there is only so much that can be judged from onboard footage I know.

It just strikes me that Alonso and Hamilton seem to be getting more out of their car than a well driven sister car isn't able to acheive, and hence I think they are over-performing - at least in Bahrain.

Without access to all the telemetry and all the car data then it's impossible to know for sure of course...

I don't think Heikki of Piquet would take much solace from the suggestion that they're only "slow" because their team-mate is driving exceptionally, slow is slow, but I get what you're saying. And as ever, we're only talking fractions so no wonder it's hard to see (visually -murrayism), it's arguably just as likely to be down to the setup technicians/engineers on each side of the garage, but I imagine given the current performance of the Renaults and McLarens that the rivalry between drivers/sides of the garage takes a back seat.

I don't think the idea that Alonso is exceeding the limitations of the Renault will help Piquet keep his job either. He's had his chance though, so time for someone else to I reckon.
There is a certain person hanging around the Renault garage who is likely to win races in the future by the name of Romain Grosjean. He'll be the Renault second driver by the end of the year. Not because Piquet is 'slow' but because he's not quite fast enough.
Quote from tristancliffe :There is a certain person hanging around the Renault garage who is likely to win races in the future by the name of Romain Grosjean. He'll be the Renault second driver by the end of the year. Not because Piquet is 'slow' but because he's not quite fast enough.

it's important to make that distinction, non of these guys are slow, it's just that some aren't as fast as the others, any of them could leave almost everyone behind in everyday driving. the biggest difference between the top guys and the rest is the amount of spare capacity they have whilst driving at this level, the "fast" guys have time to think and analyse, schumacher used to bombard his team over the radio for all sorts of information when he was in a comfortable lead just to occupy himself, to the extent of asking how irving was doing after he went to jaguar. the lower guys are close to being fully occupied just with driving the car.( extreme example but remember how relaxed hamilton was in the reasonably priced car on top gear? then think about the concentration on the faces of the celeb drivers on top gear even jkay and cowell )
Quote from tinvek : it's important to make that distinction, non of these guys are slow, it's just that some aren't as fast as the others, any of them could leave almost everyone behind in everyday driving. the biggest difference between the top guys and the rest is the amount of spare capacity they have whilst driving at this level, the "fast" guys have time to think and analyse, schumacher used to bombard his team over the radio for all sorts of information when he was in a comfortable lead just to occupy himself, to the extent of asking how irving was doing after he went to jaguar. the lower guys are close to being fully occupied just with driving the car.( extreme example but remember how relaxed hamilton was in the reasonably priced car on top gear? then think about the concentration on the faces of the celeb drivers on top gear even jkay and cowell )

When I hear someone call an F1 driver "slow" I don't for a moment think that they are comparing that driver with anyone beyond the 20 or so drivers that driver competes against.

If one driver puts a car on pole, and the other puts the same car on 20th, 1 second off "the pace", then that driver is "slow".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG