The online racing simulator
Logitech build quality
(15 posts, started )
#1 - kel64
Logitech build quality
For one, I am not impressed, at least with their wheels range. Yesterday, a corner of the acceleration pedal just come off, just using it as normal.

The piece that come off...

I didn't realise the pedals were so dusty

Shown together...

The exact same bit fell off with my last DFP after a few months. Sure, it doesn't affect the usage too much, but its not something I expect to happen.
To add to that, the reason I moved to the DFP in the first place was because of a lack of build quality in the MOMO. With this wheel, the plastic around the desk mounting broke off, meaning it could not be mounted to the desk and was effectively useless. This happened twice before I asked for a refund.
I would also like to add, I am not exactly using these in a particularly tough way, though they do get a fair bit of use.

Has this happened to anybody else on their DFP? Seems a bit of a concidence to happen twice
It would appear the fracture occured due to a small radius and resulting stress raiser on the back of the pedal, where the 'pad' meets the 'arm'. This occurs at the area of smallest cross section (the 'drillings' in the pad) allowing a greater local strain, which leads to failure by fatigue.

Or perhaps you're just stamping on them too hard?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#3 - kel64
Quote from tristancliffe :It would appear the fracture occured due to a small radius and resulting stress raiser on the back of the pedal, where the 'pad' meets the 'arm'. This occurs at the area of smallest cross section (the 'drillings' in the pad) allowing a greater local strain, which leads to failure by fatigue.

Or perhaps you're just stamping on them too hard?

I dont think I am, but then maybe I am not the best person to judge that
Quote from kel64 :With this wheel, the plastic around the desk mounting broke off, meaning it could not be mounted to the desk and was effectively useless. This happened twice before I asked for a refund.

are you 100% sure nobody sabotaged you ? like sawing off the mounting ?
Quote from thisnameistaken :
That sounds like what happened to Fordman in last night's ESL UK race!

Yep spot on Kev

I have managed to "as tristan puts it fudge it " and I have a call in to Logitech atm, as this seem to be more than a stress fracture.

Personally i would get onto Logitech, as this is clearly a stress fracture to the pedal itsself. These bits are actually very well built and should not snap like yours has.

May I ask, are you using the squash ball mod on these pedals? I know some are, and i used to, but i felt the pedals bend, so i stopped using it, because i feared what has happed to you
Basically the part of the foot that touches the pedal is placed usually directly on that down-left part the of the pedal when you have the throttle floored.

Put your foot on the loud pedal and see it yourself
#7 - kel64
Quote from Fordman :Yep spot on Kev

May I ask, are you using the squash ball mod on these pedals? I know some are, and i used to, but i felt the pedals bend, so i stopped using it, because i feared what has happed to you

Squash ball mod? Seeing as I have no idea what you are talking about, thats a no
Can't say I've ever had such a problem.. although.. why don't you consider trying to fit metal pedals to the arms?
I just dont understand why Logitech cant make a good wheel not having issue here or there.

I have cheap Logitech Formula Force GP.The wheel is crap itself but the pedals are very good.Last more then the pedals on some of my Friends Momo`s.

I am considering to buy a better Logitech but I have only 2 options.

1) Momo - good wheel but what I heard a lot of issues with pedals and mounting of the wheel to desk.
2) DFP - good wheel but why the hell it doesnt have paddles??.Why just buttons.Is there any other negatives with DFP?

Guys....speaking about wheel.....which choice you recomend me more.Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I just dont understand why Logitech cant make a good wheel not having issue here or there.

I have cheap Logitech Formula Force GP.The wheel is crap itself but the pedals are very good.Last more then the pedals on some of my Friends Momo`s.

I am considering to buy a better Logitech but I have only 2 options.

1) Momo - good wheel but what I heard a lot of issues with pedals and mounting of the wheel to desk.
2) DFP - good wheel but why the hell it doesnt have paddles??.Why just buttons.Is there any other negatives with DFP?

Guys....speaking about wheel.....which choice you recomend me more.Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.

Go with the DFP. It works great from formula to road cars, thanks to software adjustable steering range. You can use your previous Logi pedals with DFP too if you choose so, but it's a bit of a wiring hassle.
kel, honestly, i have heard of much problems with the DFP's pedals, but thats the first time i see something like that. and if it happened to you twice, you should think about the way you use it...
i've been using mine for one and a half year now, and all i suffer from is the usual spikey reading and sometimes it completely refuses to react.
when i depress the pedal completely, i have all the pressure of my foot on the very middle of it..and i can't even imagine anything would brake if it wasn't spot on.
so adjust you placement and don't stomp on it so madly.
not sure tristan, that part doesnt even look like it touches the actual pedal (not the ..pedal thing that attaches)
kinda a strange way to break it though lol

nothing duct tape cant fix!!!
(said like a true american lol)

actually i bet you could just stick some scotch tape on the bottom and top (for braces) and just use model glue to glue the parts together since model glue uses chemical reactions to melt the plastic pieces together
the dfp wheel is very sturdy but the pedals are crappy. Mine arent working right now so i have my old driving force plugged in and i'm using the pedals from that. the force feedback for the old wheel doesnt work anymore but the pedals still do.

i am having a strange problem where the wheel sometimes shifts up twice when i press the shifter or paddle once.
Quote from Gabkicks :i am having a strange problem where the wheel sometimes shifts up twice when i press the shifter or paddle once.

Now that you mention it, I get that sometimes too. I thought it was my bigger shifter flap mod that caused it, but I guess it's the DFP itself then.

Logitech build quality
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG