The online racing simulator
Now this is a nice combo.
thnx blackout!

hehe troy, I hadn't even realised the first 2 were lx4. If it were up to me all combos would have been lx6 anyway .
Damn troy..i tried to kill him on a barrier on purpose but he was behind me again.. than that sweaty %$%#$N almost took me out in last race . . aarrgh troy !@!@#!
#79 - troy
Hrhr, some tough racing tonight but that was lots of fun, sorry for any contacts I tried to not hit anybody but somehow it still happened.

The layout for next week's LX6 race is attached I recommend to at least have a look at it before racing next Thursday.
Attached images
crlx1.jpg
crlx2.jpg
crlx3.jpg
Attached files
KY1R_chicane.lyt - 3 KB - 436 views
LX6_ky1r lxo.set - 132 B - 1033 views
LX6_ky1r test.set - 132 B - 968 views
first race was ok, I saw speedway drift all over the place, but still he kept his times up, no chance to pass him as I was just as fast.

But then second race, had a nice first few laps, running through the field, then one of those 'gray names' that come in just before the race and have no respect for anything took me out, after that he crashed very hard taking me out yet again. At least this gave me pole in the long race. I knew troy was going to step up sometime, on the first 180 troy was on the outside on braking, I never expected him to be on the outside when I turned in, wheels touched, i spin, race over really... I never really had the intention to block troy hard, it would have cost me more places if i did. Would have been second otherwise i think.

It's pretty annoying, the only LFS i do anymore are the lx races, (let's be honest, the public racing with these new automated servers really sucks.) And then to have 2 out of 3 of these only races go wrong is pretty demotivating. We'll see in a week if I can get my spirit up again.
Nice report there... at last

Well to add to my last post. It was intersting evening. Boring first race. And nice tight second where i had my attempt on killing troy ..and failed. Our poor places got us nice front in last race. Nice start - i passed two drivers in front and was sitting about 2-3 secs behind loco when captain Sweaty came and tried to overtake me in that fast little chicane after finish line..of course we both spun ... and of course he was behind me just 2-3 laps later... situation was the same really - he propably would try again in the same place but this time i braked and let him go by. That was reaelly insane place to overtake. The rest of the race was boring propably coz idon't remember the rest :P

Troy would you be so kind to add any setup that would try to fit to that layout ? :P
#82 - troy
Regarding random people just crashing around: I had some discussions about that already with the rest of the CR team and my point is that the turn out is already pretty low (lx's still are niche cars for whatever reasons, they make some great racing), if we start to password the server we would lose at least 50% of the casual racers, some of them probably never bother to look at the forums. I should probably watch and admin the races but it's hard to resist if there is some great LX action on track.

I know it can be frustrating (I get crashed by random people too (mostly kamo )). Just forget about it and try again next week thats the best thing you can do, after all we're here to have fun and in public racing you (sadly) have to expect crashes now and then. I still think that we get more nice and fair first timers then the ones with no clue at all.

edit:

Quote :Troy would you be so kind to add any setup that would try to fit to that layout ? :P

oh yep, I forgot that. It's made by loco I hope he is ok with me sharing it, will attach it to my last post.

edit2:

I found 2 sets not sure which is which, if I remember right one is a little more stable but slower and the other is loco's. ^^
Quote from lococost : But then second race, had a nice first few laps, running through the field, then one of those 'gray names' that come in just before the race

Mm well, the "grey name" is a friend of mine, had been bugging him for over a year to come take a look at these LX evenings, so he did but won't do that again, calling you people some names on MSN afterward.
Thing is, these races have become hyper agressive alien-only. (Can tell by the fact I myself have become faster this year, but from finishing sub-top previous years by just being steady I'm now last every race still going steady, little less steady then I used to be because I have to push for everything I've got.)
Aliens (Troy is a pleasant exception) also tend not to be too well mannered on track. I myself just show up for some friendly clean racing so I'll be taking a break then, hopefully in a while there'll be some humanoids again.
Quote from Wasknijper :Aliens (Troy is a pleasant exception) also tend not to be too well mannered on track.

This is a persistent prejudice that just won't go away but is totally wrong, IMO.

There are bad mannered aliens just as there are bad mannered average/slow drivers. I'd say there actually are more bad mannered slow/new drivers than aliens.

FTR, I'm no alien.
What's good laptime here?
#86 - troy
Quote from Wasknijper :Mm well, the "grey name" is a friend of mine, had been bugging him for over a year to come take a look at these LX evenings, so he did but won't do that again, calling you people some names on MSN afterward.
Thing is, these races have become hyper agressive alien-only. (Can tell by the fact I myself have become faster this year, but from finishing sub-top previous years by just being steady I'm now last every race still going steady, little less steady then I used to be because I have to push for everything I've got.)

It was me who spectated him, I didn't see what he did at that time but I heard some complaints in our voice chat and on the server. Wanted to talk to him afterwards but he was gone already. Because of your text I had a look at the replay again; and I'm sorry to tell you this but he was really REALLY bad. I don't want to list every single mistake now but it was enough to warrant the spectating from my side (on other servers he would've been banned I'm pretty sure of that). I've got no problem with beginners but he should at least be able to get the car around the track without crashing every second corner otherwise it's just frustrating for himself and even more for the people trying to have a race.

edit:

Quote : What's good laptime here?

attached the LXO qualifying times (already almost a year ago but with some training times near that should be possible)
Attached images
lxoquali.png
Groovy i'm only 1 second behind you after hour of training.. and i won't go faster i'm pretty sure... You sir are sick.
practicing 6 days before the event allready, that's sick (you like the track btw kamo?)

And troy, you gave away my secret weapon, the set! Nevermind, it's all in the spirit of your league. enjoy!
I was just curious about the layout
Tbh sets that troy gave are not so good for me - i used different one to set my 1.01 lap.

Lay is pretty straight-forward. Two similiar corners but very tricky. There will be a massacre i'm sure
I have something harder if i will be given chance to choose the track :}
#90 - troy
stats and standings done:

http://troy.freeunix.net/

For the next combo we will run an LXO layout for Kyoto Oval reverse made by ussbeethoven, layout, setups and pictures in my earlier post.

Date: Thursday, April 30th 2009
Server: CR|LX Racing
Start: 18:30 UTC
Car: LX6
Track: Kyoto Chicane (layout) (KY1r)

Schedule:

Qualification: 10 minutes
Sprint Race 1: 10 laps
Sprint Race 2: 10 laps (rev grid)
Main Race: 25 laps (rev grid)

Sets (both pretty tailhappy, "ky1r test" is made by loco and proved to be faster, the other set was done by hyperactive and is a little more forgiving):
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=82843&d=1240519090
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=82845&d=1240519311
Combo sounds very interesting
I don't get the standings at all :P I was 2nd two times and 8th and i'm leading?
Quote from kamo2000 :I don't get the standings at all :P I was 2nd two times and 8th and i'm leading?

Don't worry, I'm third.
#94 - troy
yep, I've got the standings wrong, they still had the worst result removed so some people had less points, it should be ok again now.
Today was nice.
I got 2nd in quali which was surprise again. Race1. After 3 laps i was in first defending from loco. I missed my braking point when we were side by side so i had to cut my inside more to avoid contact. I touched the tire and spun. That was the end. I finished 5th.

Second race was boring. I managed to miss all the carnage in first chicane and was cruising on second to the end.

Long race was more entertaining. But no fights really except a moment with troy. He just seemed to have some boosters in his arse as he was incredibly fast on staright. So i was cruising with nice pace on 4th. I was sure Troy was 3rd but to my amazement he was behind ..i don't know when that happened.

Thx guys. I need to use vt more often. No talking from me - without a mic here.
#96 - troy
Trouble with my connection (damn isp) made me disconnect in race1 had some close racing until then shame it happened, race2 was pretty boring because I could start from the front had no fights at all just had to nurse it home. ^^

Race3 was more like it, godd action on track, had lots of nice splits but managed to screw almost all of them (59 was certainly possible), including one where I finally spun in the second chicane, had to let kamo and some more people past managed to get all but kamo, solid drive from him the distance staid about the same until we crossed the finish line. All in all it went better then I thought, it was definitely not an easy layout to do for public racing, thanks to all the racers who made it happen.
Had an unexpected lucky tow in quali which put me on pole.

First race was good, kamo got in front of me at the start and I had a feeling I was faster every lap exiting the first turn, finally got beside him and tried to overtake him, trying to just give him enough room to stay outside, sadly it didn't work, kamo spun, i finished first.

Next race was good fun making my way to the front, Kamo was just a bit too fast to get a 2nd place.

3rd race, in lap 1 a lost tire was spinning somewhere in turn 2, with traffic everywhere I had no chance of avoiding it, damage looked ok, but the car hit the ground here and there and I found out a chassis doesnt have as much grip as a tyre does in lap 2 turn 1 where I couln't turn in and just smashed it in the wall. race over. At least it was no ones fault. I don't know about others, but for me the level of racing was much better then last race, although this track is way more prone to noob mistakes, it was fun.

Looking forward to the next one, It would be nice if it had a bit fewer laps so the tires don't get the chance to overheat.
#98 - troy
anyone got the first two replays of last weeks races? As mentioned in my last post, I had a disconnect so they are incomplete for me.

This weeks combo will be a Layout again (crazy Belgian :razz, it was used back in the ctra bump and jump days, should be good fun. There will be no long race (it would be about 20 laps on such a short track), so we will do 4 shorter races this time.

Date: Thursday, May 7th 2009
Server: CR|LX Racing
Start: 18:30 UTC
Car: LX6
Track: Autocross (layout) (AU1)

Schedule:

Qualification: 10 minutes
Sprint Race 1: 8 laps
Sprint Race 2: 8 laps (rev grid)
Sprint Race 3: 8 laps (rev grid)
Sprint Race 4: 8 laps (rev grid)
Attached images
au1.jpg
au2.jpg
Attached files
LX6_DAX_Benji_lyt.set - 132 B - 913 views
AU1_bumpnjump.lyt - 3.7 KB - 499 views
This layout is Crazy designed for MRT's
It works also with the lx cars, bump n jump used the lx4 for it, we tested it last week and came to the conclusion that it also works for lx6. (any complaints to lococost )

'Public' Concept LX racing (weekly)
(282 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG