The online racing simulator
Hotlap at standard "hard track" setup
Hello, drivers!
I'm new to race sim games. Actually just started with LFS. I read much about how to drive in game and now have time about 1.39 on XFG Blackwood GP with standard RACE_S setup. For farer improvement I looked at WR laps, but the problem is that WR and all near hotlaps made on custom setup. I dont yet understand enough in car setup.

So, please, can you tell me where I can get good hotlaps with standard "Hard track" or RASE_S setups? Or maybe some one can record one specially for me?
Alternatively, you can download custom setups from these websites:

http://www.setupgrid.net/

http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

Save the files in LFS\data\setups and they should appear in game - to the right of the screen in your garage.

But I'd advise learning how to make your own, they will be better than those above.
i thought he was looking for a standard race setup, not specific to any track.
I was looking intresting "professional" hotlap files for standard setups. But links are very useful, so I got that I should improve my driving and look into car setups. Today my best lap is already 1:38.03, so I'm rather optimistic about that Thank you for answers!
I would recommend you using some of blackwood setups on any track hehe

you can find them on www.setupgrid.net

there is also a setupgide there
#7 - [d9]
it is possible to do 1.34.xx at least with race_s setup, so rest is in your hands/brain

Quote from Lounger :I was looking intresting "professional" hotlap files for standard setups. But links are very useful, so I got that I should improve my driving and look into car setups. Today my best lap is already 1:38.03, so I'm rather optimistic about that Thank you for answers!

That's information I was looking for Now my best laptime is 1.36.28 and I really feel that there is still much potential in this setup Thaks a lot!
For last 3 days I feel really stucked at lap time about 1.37.00... I understand that 3 days at one speed level and about 10 days at all is very small amount of time for mega progress. But I attached my lap in hope that experienced pilots will give me some advices Plea-a-ase
Attached files
loungerlap.raf - 1.8 MB - 336 views
I will be easier to review if you attach the .spr file (single player replay).
The raf file is only the telemetry data of your lap, it can give indications but not as easily.

Drive in hotlap mode, when you are done save a replay (I think the shortcut is "2"). After naming the replay you will find it in the LFS\data\spr folder.
Quote from Lounger :That's information I was looking for Now my best laptime is 1.36.28 and I really feel that there is still much potential in this setup Thaks a lot!

Don't think so, its the way you drive. im playing LFS for 3 years and i have done 5000laps in BL2 and my pb is 1:08.98 and the best is 1:07.89 and i use same setup as all other people. Need to learn how to take the corners
Quote from deiwisxxx :Don't think so, its the way you drive. im playing LFS for 3 years and i have done 5000laps in BL2 and my pb is 1:08.98 and the best is 1:07.89 and i use same setup as all other people. Need to learn how to take the corners

Oh my. They was disgussing about BL1 aka Blackwood GP...
Quote from bunder9999 :i thought he was looking for a standard race setup, not specific to any track.

For most non GTR cars you can have one setup that's not track specific and will be 95% there..
Quote from deiwisxxx :Don't think so, its the way you drive. im playing LFS for 3 years and i have done 5000laps in BL2 and my pb is 1:08.98 and the best is 1:07.89 and i use same setup as all other people. Need to learn how to take the corners

This is exactly the reason you should make your own setups.
Here is replay of some my laps about 1:37-1:38 and one 1:36:68 just recorded. I tried to steer in turns more active in this session and felt that it's a bit faster way. But very unstable for me now

I will appreciate even if you will just say that I should practice. But I'll be happy to get more detailed advises
1) do run in "Hotlap" mode, as it will tell you if your lap is valid or not, and it will also tell you what your best lap of the session is.

1:35 is feasible - you have it all here from what I see!
Your main problem seems to be consistency / repeatability - it seems that you are pushing a bit too hard at the moment.
My recommendation would be that you try running a few laps within a few 1/10th, 0.5 second. Try 1:37 ot 1:38, do 10 laps without outbraking / power understeering, smoothing your inputs.

Checking the replay: I use chase view or heli view for the lines, chase view and press F to see the forces on the tyres. There you can see when you lose grip and when you lock tyres. Use F2 + F3 to change the replay speed.

Lap 2: Locked tyres - outbraking yourself. Brake 10m early to get consistency, speed will come later. You had to release the throttle mid corner - no good.
Between T2 and T3 you slide most of the laps - correct your line to reduce that, as it is just before the long straight so it will cost you a lot of time. For this lap you were nearly there, good use of the kerbs, try to apply the same line each time.
T4 end of straight: apex too early, plunge further and apex later will be more efficient.
This turn cost you a lot of time in this lap! You also over-revved the engine into 3rg gear, probably causing damage.
T5-T6 ok, but missing speed due to T4.
T7: throttle too early --> understeer, missing apex and forcing you to lift.
T8: wrong line, probably due to dirty tyres.

Lap 3
T1: lockup, understeer and missed apex. Brake 10m earlier and decrease braking pressure as you slow down to prevent lockups. Do not apply throttle before the car is pointing in the right direction and while in full lock.
T2 -T3 ok but missing speed due to above
T4 certainly killed the engine again (3rd gear). Throttle on full lock again, before the car is stable, causes massive understeer-->forcing you to lift, big time loss.

For the rest:
Lap 4: good first tun! no lockups, good apex speed. Ruined by T2 - too much kerb though.
Good line in T5 - T6.

Lap 5: Good T2-T3, minimum slide. Despite a lockup and understeer in T1 the first split is good, showing the importance of T2-T3.

Lap 8: good first split, T1 with a later apex carried more speed through the chicane.
Overall decent lap.

I stopped here
You seem to use too much steering lock and have a tendency to turn in too early from what I have seen, compensated be power-understeering. Try it a bit smoother (slow in - fast out) and I'm sure your laptimes will drop. Concentrate on consistency first, then speed.
Good luck!
Thank you a lot! This is much more detailed analysis then I could expect. I absolutely agree about consistency, I feel that it's not good enough. I will work on it and then try to beat 1:35

By the way, now I already made lap in 1:35:81! :twirl:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG