The online racing simulator
#liveforspeed TBO round 7, week 17
(40 posts, started )
1st race was brilliant, epic race. Great combo, great set, great battles on the track, with Passo until the line.

2nd race, disaster from ze start. Got shot off the track by Blady in the last turn, when he was pitting anyway. Couple laps later, same thing with herra Toikka, who sent me into a wall. couldn't take the last turn again with that damage.

Fun nevertheless.
Fun racing! I like that track and was surprised my tyres were pretty good througout the race. I started 13th in race 1 and managed to get 10th; after me and fuse had a collision on the last corner. He very generously let me past at the finish line.

Second race, the tyres were burning to hell and moments later I timed out; even though I could still see all the cars for a moment. Odd. Fun, nevertheless!
Now that was surprising evening for me. My quali was awfull. I bearly made to 12th place.. Race one was fun but not without problems. My pedals decalibrated and i was forcing my accelerator to the ground as much as i could to have full throttle. At least i made faster lap than in quali - for over a second. Finished 6th.
Second race was very strange as i got past most of the drivers on lap one .. Was 7th or something and decided to take a pit on lap 5 . First amazing thing was that i made out before the alien pack who was pitting on lap 1. Next big surprise was that i held of Vari and was even faster than him for another 13 laps....This way i won second race... I still don't know how i managed to focus so much and drive like that.
Quote from Fuse5 :Fun nevertheless.

i'm glad concept enjoyed it... i didn't appreciate the barrage of "spec spec spec spec"...
Quote from bunder9999 :i'm glad concept enjoyed it... i didn't appreciate the barrage of "spec spec spec spec"...

The issue was, you had more than 2 minutes of lag and it appeared you were still sitting on the grid, according to the minimap.

Then, later on near the end of the race you were having 80 seconds of lag. It was almost dangerous.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :The issue was, you had more than 2 minutes of lag and it appeared you were still sitting on the grid, according to the minimap.

Then, later on near the end of the race you were having 80 seconds of lag. It was almost dangerous.

could have told me that while i was qualifying... i didn't have any problems staying connected or any other issues with lag on my end (after the practise disconnects, that is). i qualified dead last, started off slow, and was already down 1/4 lap on lap 1. spun out twice mid-race and was 2/3 lap down at the finish. between lap 2 and 9 i only saw three cars who spun out, all of which either spectated, or passed me again. obviously i'm not that fast in the RB4.

at any rate, the issue is not on my network, or my ISP's network.
Quote from bunder9999 :i'm glad concept enjoyed it... i didn't appreciate the barrage of "spec spec spec spec"...

As Mp3 Astra said, It was your lag that caused potential trouble..
From the mini map you were on sitting on the grid still. That could have been bad, and again towards the end of the race you were off track. And a *NON* Cr Driver in our ventrilo at the time said "I thought I was going to crash into him, I couldnt see where he went" and from that you could have popped into his car.

So Next time just because we are complaining of lag, it doesnt mean we are to blame...

Race 1: Was very good, had a great race. Some good battles and the tyres were lasting in the fxo.

Race 2: That was very different. A bit of a strange start and had to back down abit. Managed to get through the field ok. And had a nice battle with bean0 at the end

A Good Day see ya next week
last lap of race 1, I went wide and caught some sand with my rears and got passed. I swore and was annoyed. In race 2, I managed to put it in the sandtrap 3 times and I was faster than the people ahead of me, so I was quite pissed. Raced alone for 15 laps I think, god it was shit.

Still, I stuck with it and came in last and I'll do the same thing next week
Quote :So Next time just because we are complaining of lag, it doesnt mean we are to blame...

i never said you were, but you could have told me earlier, and nicer.

edit: at any rate, it's done and over with. i'm going to watch hockey now.
#35 - vari
Quote from kamo2000 :
Second race was very strange as i got past most of the drivers on lap one .. Was 7th or something and decided to take a pit on lap 5 . First amazing thing was that i made out before the alien pack who was pitting on lap 1. Next big surprise was that i held of Vari and was even faster than him for another 13 laps....This way i won second race... I still don't know how i managed to focus so much and drive like that.

I was in an accident with three jump and I just kept thinking about that throughout the race so the concentration just wasn't there. I made tiny mistakes quite often and you drove consistently. However I think that our ultimate pace was quite similar so even without those mistakes and whatnot I probably couldn't have overtaken you anyway. Good drive and a well deserved win

Stats and standings updates will come a bit late because our insim guy is away

I'll post here when they're available.

me trying to write out the spec command for admins who were also racing, was only there to notify them, as you were still standing on the grid according to the minimap, when the pack was coming round the last corner. Seemed as you were afk.
That was the one and only reason for that. If that made you leave, I'm truly sorry.
I liked it. I´m even happy with the result, considering I had a 6 months break and no practice at all. It was even my first race I drove with the shifter box. I eventually misclutched some times but all in all it was a great experience. Fights where close and I had a great lot of fun in this one. Thanks for the racing.
#38 - vari
Cheers Vari... I have an insane amount of DNFs...
#40 - vari

#liveforspeed TBO round 7, week 17
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG