The online racing simulator
#1 - Luko
I want to set car for drift (but I cant)
I couldnt find any thread about this so I hope im the only one writing about it.

Whats on my mind: I like to race and LFS is about racing, but I also want to have fun on drift servers sometimes. But its difficult to drift with maximum lock 36 degrees (RB4 only 30) and too soft handbrake. There was better settings for this in S1... I want too much?

It will be no harm to onlyrace drivers and great innovation for drifters.

And maybe there could be some drift tyres...
#2 - GabbO
#3 - Luko
I probably didnt wrote it understandable. I want to enlarge some settings of cars. Maximum lock to 0-45 degrees for example (it can maybe also help to handle some slides after contact with other car during race) and adjustable handbrake braking power like it was in S1.
Quote from Luko :I probably didnt wrote it understandable. I want to enlarge some settings of cars. Maximum lock to 0-45 degrees for example (it can maybe also help to handle some slides after contact with other car during race) and adjustable handbrake braking power like it was in S1.

Its stuck at 36. There is a program on the forum somewhere where you can change the steering lock.. dunno where it is.
36 lock is slack to drift with don't know how you are having trouble..., and don't use RB4, its harder to drift AWD than RWD.
#5 - Byku
Power of the handbrake depends on the overall power of the brakes. If the power of the brakes is higher, then the power of the handbrake is higher .
Doesn't the handbrake have separate pressure from brakes IRL?
#7 - Luko
#8 - Luko
Quote from Byku :Power of the handbrake depends on the overall power of the brakes. If the power of the brakes is higher, then the power of the handbrake is higher .

Good to know. But i want to set only handbrake. My brakes are ok.
#9 - senn
you can't. It used to be available a long time ago, but now you can't.
#10 - Luko
Quote from senn :you can't. It used to be available a long time ago, but now you can't.

Thats exactly my imrovement suggestion (read the posts above). Second thing is max lock...

So pls devs think about putting it in the new patch.

Anybody thinks its no good idea???
#11 - STF
Drift set.
More lock thread.

Try practicing by drifting XRG(it's rwd, it's underpowered.. perfect learning "device"), but modify it`s steering lock to 20 degrees or so in the setup, and go down while you get better.
When you`ll be able to hold drifts with 9degrees lock in the setup, you`ll know a little about smoothness and throttle control.
But for God's sake, use Cheat Engine instead of god damn slow Cheat-O-Matic. It is like 50 times faster.
#13 - Luko
Quote from STF :Drift set.
More lock thread.

Try practicing by drifting XRG(it's rwd, it's underpowered.. perfect learning "device"), but modify it`s steering lock to 20 degrees or so in the setup, and go down while you get better.
When you`ll be able to hold drifts with 9degrees lock in the setup, you`ll know a little about smoothness and throttle control.

Thanks, ValueMod will help. Anyway, it will be nice to be able to set lock simly in the game... Also thanks for advices about drifting, but I dont want to learn how to drift and im not asking for drift set .

And what about the handbrake setting?
#14 - STF
Quote from Shadowww :It is like 50 times faster.

Agree, CE it`s way faster, but more complex, i`m a member of CE forums too, you know.. since 2007(and using it from '04). But still, slow o matic works for a quickie .

Quote from Luko :And what about the handbrake setting?

Handbrake setting, hmm.. There is none anymore, but you can work around it.

I think if you increase braking power, just a little, and then move the brake balance more towards the rear, set something like (Normal value -10)% in the setup screen, you`ll find that handbrake locks sooner. One downside.. normal braking will lock rear too, so in order to not lock in a race, you`ll have to be good at left foot braking and apply some throttle to compensate, and "unlock" the rear. Bad for mileage .
#15 - Luko
OK, thanks. Its all I wanted to know.

My last words: I want 0-45 steering lock and handbrake setting back to LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG