The online racing simulator
Homage to Jim Clark . . .
(31 posts, started )
Tristan is there some rule that means you can slag off every other racer person because you are one too?? Surely have a little respect for the guy, you can't deny he was (one of) the best in his time. Well. I suppose one to their own, or something.
Quote from piggy501 :Tristan is there some rule that means you can slag off every other racer person because you are one too?? Surely have a little respect for the guy, you can't deny he was (one of) the best in his time. Well. I suppose one to their own, or something.

Although i wouldn't go so far as to call the guy a "cock", i can totally see where Tristan is coming from...
I try to ignore what sporting personalities do outside of their respective field of expertise, and what the media say about them, i try to just take them for what they are/do whilst doing their job, i have no interest in their "other" life...
But you can't with JS - he raced well, and quickly for many years right at the top of his game. But then he destroyed that by being 'in your face' for the next 40 years. You can barely watch anything to do with motorsport without JS's voice telling you something, and he's on all sorts of other programmes too...

I don't want to have an interest in their other lives. But with JS you don't get a choice. I know more about his insurance habits than I do his motor racing exploits!
Yeah, yeah.... whatever....

Anyone speak Japanese?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5bxYaNW0Eo

BTW: its in three parts and part three is where you get to watch Jim caning an '66 F2(?) Lotus...
Quote from tristancliffe :But you can't with JS - he raced well, and quickly for many years right at the top of his game. But then he destroyed that by being 'in your face' for the next 40 years. You can barely watch anything to do with motorsport without JS's voice telling you something, and he's on all sorts of other programmes too...

I don't want to have an interest in their other lives. But with JS you don't get a choice. I know more about his insurance habits than I do his motor racing exploits!

Maybe you just look out for it, becasue I know nothing about his insurance habbits.

Homage to Jim Clark . . .
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG