The online racing simulator
Keeping tyre marks
(12 posts, started )

Poll : Should skid marks be kept on layouts?

Yes, keep them - it shows epic drifts and epic fails...
No, messy stuiff on the nice track
Skid marks? I never new the BF1 seat was quite that low...
Keeping tyre marks
Is there, and should there, be a way of keeping the tyre skid marks?

On most AU layouts and drifting layouts it would be great to be able to keep the marks even after you have finished (they always dissappear when you go back on:really

ie is there any way of deleting the 'auto delete tyre marks' thing?

debate...
Do you mean after you leave the server, or after you go in spectate/pits? I don't remember exactly when the marks disappear, but I think it should be ok if it disappeared only after you left the server. Of course, it could still get quite messy, so maybe an option for maximum skid marks, or an option for timed skid marks (30 mins?) would be useful.

I'm all for an option, the more options the better!
they disappear when you /restart, or go from the lobby to in-game.
#4 - amp88
At the moment I don't have an opinion either way, because it doesn't actually have any effect on anything. In the future if the rubber on the track actually matters (i.e. if the rubber laid down changes the grip level of the track or wet weather comes into play) then it'll be a different case. I believe on most real tracks the rubber would be left there until it was washed off by rain or more cars passed over it picking the old stuff up and laying new stuff. IIRC the track at Bahrain is chemically washed at the end of every day of active running but I think that's very much the exception rather than the rule.
Actually, i see tire marks disappear once too many are on the server(most notably on a drift server)
I dare say that LFS has X amount of meters of rubber allowed to be shown on the road at one time.

Once that limit has bene reached, it starts to remove the older rubber marks, as it adds the new parts.

Although I agree, there should be some kind of option to change the length of rubber in total.
Also, keeping tyre marks from day to day would probably end up in monster lag if it had to draw half a million skid marks at each corner...
Ether way, the dev's won't look into that right now.
yeah. I hate it that LFS is still thinking everyone has a computer from 20 years ago
Quote from John5200 :yeah. I hate it that LFS is still thinking everyone has a computer from 20 years ago

I agree with I mean common howw very few poeple have such PC left

But meh whataver
Quote from John5200 :yeah. I hate it that LFS is still thinking everyone has a computer from 20 years ago

I have! Nice to see the devs are thinking of me!
Attached images
slow pc.jpg

Keeping tyre marks
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG