The online racing simulator
#1 - zeeaq
trouble caliberating new wheel
hello

I just got a new wheel..and installed it succesfully...now i am having tough time caliberating it...though the acc./brake pedals,the shifter and the handbrake work fine...i just dont know how to caliberate the wheel for steering....if it works,,its too sensitive....also i really dont understand the wheel compensation ratio...recaliberate axis...remove dead zones...lock caliberation....and all...can anyone plz help....also i have heard of DX tweak...wld tht be of nyhelp...where can i get it???

and ya the ff works fine too....

thnx zee
What wheel?.

Dan,
#3 - zeeaq
u wldnt probably have heard of it...its a zebronics wheel...a local company...
#5 - zeeaq
yea it is very special...a very good frnd of mine got it for me....

so u ppl dont quiete know eh????
Not really, does in have drivers? have you calibrated it in the control panel?, can you?, is the steering axis reporting anything in the game at all?, post a screenshot of your controller page.

Dan,
#7 - zeeaq
yes it can be caliberated in the cp and i have donre that...andd it does have drivers...which i did install.....anddd it does respond in the game...andddd...here are the screenies..
Attached images
contoller1.JPG
contoller2.JPG
contoller3.JPG
On 180DEG steering ratio it will be pretty sensitive, try turning down the cars steering lock in the setups, I have calibration lock off on my DFP (I think).

What exact problems is it causing bar the sensitivity?

Dan,
#9 - zeeaq
ok now...cal. lock is off...and steering lock is lower in the setup...but some funny problem still there...ie....it turns one way...and stays turned fully....doesnt return....
You mean the wheel doesnt automatically return? or when you return it back to the centre the cars wheel doesnt turn?.

Dan,
noo...ok....can u tell me wht the ideal values are for the contoller tabs?...guess i'll have to mess with it myself and sort it out....nyways thnx for the help dan

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG