The online racing simulator
Not able to concentrate on certain tasks.
(45 posts, started )
Ah yes. ADHD the answer to lack of will power and laziness.
Quote from AjRose :Ah yes. ADHD the answer to lack of will power and laziness.

Myself, I think ADHD is a load of rubbish, the medication makes you tired as when you take it, it lasts for 12hrs and makes it hard for you to get to sleep.

I just don't have the motivation to do and concentrate on my work lol.
Well get motivated.
When I'm home, I'm lazy until I start working on something.. after starting, I can take hours or even a full day (24hrs) on it (taking 10 min pauses every 5 hours, of course).

And I usually start working faster when I'm over pressure. For instance, if I don't have much time before I have to finish whatever I'm doing, I won't be lazy to do it and will work faster.

I don't have concentration problems, and I can pay attention to more than a thing at once (i.e.: writing something to a friend on MSN and saying/listening to someone near me). This often piss my parents off because they think I'm not paying attention, reading and writing on the computer, "so repeat what I've just told you", and I always repeat it perfectly

But I have a problem, I'm very perfectionist and I always check everything I do a lot of times. Sometimes I get myself reading something I've written more than 10 times before actually considering it finished or sending it (if it was a email for example). And I almost never change anything, just read it all over again.
Just sit down and do it, getting through coursework is far easier than revising/learning something, just treat it like a job, start in the morning and you'll probably be done before lunchtime. Don't start planning to do it in 20 minute chunks it just doesn't work.

Currently I've got an assignment due in Monday and a car that needs a clutch in it to hand in said assignment, I'm certainly not distracted by TV atm...
Quote from sam93 :I can watch TV or go on various sites on the internet and stay glued to it for ages, but as soon as I have to do work, I just cant concentrate and go off task. I know there are medical type conditions which cause this, which I have, ADHD.

I think you'll find it's called discipline.

Or rather, lack of.
Quote from ajp71 :Currently I've got an assignment due in Monday and a car that needs a clutch in it to hand in said assignment, I'm certainly not distracted by TV atm...

youre distracted by the lfs froum instead?
Quote from STROBE :I think you'll find it's called discipline.

Or rather, lack of.

I should have plenty of discipline as I have done MMA, I had discipline before that aswell lol.
You lack mental discipline to put yourself to a task (that you don't want to do) and stick to it.
Quote from sam93 :I have done MMA

then why aren't you trying to get into the UFC?
i kinda have the same problem as you sam93 as last year i failed grade 7 so i'm redoing it this year and i'll probably fail it again as i just can't do it and i probibly haven't sat down and done any school work for more than 15 minutes in a month or so. I don't think i have ADHD or what ever its called but i just may but i sure hope i don't
ive found a really good way to concerate on work...music. somehow it makes me calm and washes my head so im not thinking about computers,tv,what ill do tomorrow. u ppl should try, works for me tho
Quote from bunder9999 :then why aren't you trying to get into the UFC?

Very funny lol, after my accident that I had, I wont be able to do competitions anymore as I have a plate in my forehead. I'm going back to training to get fit and still learn it, just wont spar as much lol.

I will just try and put music on and get this coursework out of the way. If I think about it, I only have 3 weeks left and that isn't a lot to ask to be able to get a good career lol.
#39 - wild
If you don’t like what you’re doing you won’t concentrate as hard as you’re meant to. It took me the best part of 6 months to make a wooden clock in my woodworking class, since I’ve finished that I can pretty much make whatever I want. It took me about 2-3 weeks to make a CD/DVD unit and about 2 weeks to make a random thing to hold stuff and I’m currently working on a new project which I expect to be finished in the next few weeks.

Just set your mind to accomplish the task and you’ll be able to do it!
Quote from sam93 :I have a plate in my forehead.

wouldn't that be a good thing?

(nyah-nyah, can't punch me anymore... you busted your hand? too bad. :ices_rofl)
Quote from bunder9999 :wouldn't that be a good thing?

(nyah-nyah, can't punch me anymore... you busted your hand? too bad. :ices_rofl)

There is that but I have screws that hold it in place and when they are hit, it bloody hurts lol.

I would just have to be trained so my defence is amazing and one smack would KO them :ices_rofl
#42 - JJ72
Just remember yourself the tedious night shifts you are going to have if you don't do it now.

and stow your steering wheel, put away the gamepads, hide your DVD stacks,and stay off the forum!
Quote from JJ72 :Just remember yourself the tedious night shifts you are going to have if you don't do it now.

and stow your steering wheel, put away the gamepads, hide your DVD stacks,and stay off the forum!

I know lol, I am thinking of doing a all nighter to do get it all done, have a couple of hours sleep in the morning and don't go back to sleep until it's finished lol.
Quote from sam93 :I know lol, I am thinking of doing a all nighter to do get it all done, have a couple of hours sleep in the morning and don't go back to sleep until it's finished lol.

Change "to sleep" to "to the forum/TV/playing/etc" and then you'll get it right. You should not stop sleeping (or sleep less time) just because you need to finish work which you haven't done because you were doing something else. You should instead do your work rather than finding something to get yourself distracted
Quote from AjRose :Ah yes. ADHD the answer to lack of will power and laziness.

Just like "I have dyslexia" is the standard answer for people too bone idle to learn how to spell.

In 99% of cases of "I have dyslexia" anyway. I will admit a tiny proportion of those that claim to have it do actually suffer from it.

Not able to concentrate on certain tasks.
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG