The online racing simulator
Textures half size.. including skins and all for no reason?
I can't figure this one out, ALL of my textures including my skins when converted to DDS files are.. half or less of their original value, yes i've checked and double checked the settings etc. but that doesn't explain why my skins would even be like 256x256 resolution?
Quote from XCNuse :I can't figure this one out, ALL of my textures including my skins when converted to DDS files are.. half or less of their original value, yes i've checked and double checked the settings etc. but that doesn't explain why my skins would even be like 256x256 resolution?

skins shouldnt be converted to dds should they?
just put into the skins folder
The DDS convertion is automaticly done by the game.
No clue on this one
Quote from XCNuse :I can't figure this one out, ALL of my textures including my skins when converted to DDS files are.. half or less of their original value, yes i've checked and double checked the settings etc. but that doesn't explain why my skins would even be like 256x256 resolution?

Hey ur back, not seen u a while.

Anyway i think a fresh download should fix the problem
Been there done that, I can't find anything to be causing this I've reset the cfg file, I've reinstalled it, fresh install.. I've exhausted everything, something is screwed up with the DDS conversion , if not I can't figure this one out it's got me stumped..
What you mean by DDS coversion? whats converting the DDS and what into/from?
You original query is a little vauge sorry. Need some clarification.

When you say "ALL of my textures including skins" do you mean the track textures are half size as well? Because the skins jpgs are indeed converted, but the other textures (dds folder) are never converted or resized. That makes no sense.

What makes you think the textures are half size or less than original size? Do they just look bad IN GAME or does the actual dds folder contain files that have been made smaller?

Skins:
Are you sure it's just not the helmet files in the skins_dds folder that are 256x256?

And if helpful also check:
Graphics >> Textures (excluding skins): high res
Graphics >> Car and helmet skins: full
Misc >> Car skins download 512 or 1024
Misc >> Helmet skins download: 256 or 512
I think he meant, when setting "Full size textures" to no (This would make track textures, interiors, etc. excluding skins drawn at half size, to save texture memory space), all his skins would also half-size. Am I wrong?
I know. You can't lump skins in with textures, they are independant from each other. So that's why I asked for further clarification.

Like, is it in-game or in actual files and which files have shrunk?
No, everything is half what they used to be, nothing is sharp, not even close to how it used to be, it happened since I updated to one of the betas and I've reinstalled from scratch and I can't figure out what is going on, I have no DDS anything nothing that I installed should have affected it.

I just don't understand why EVERYTHING is half, I mean I understand like just skins, but .. EVERY texture is halfed.. Maybe I should check my ATi settings see if anything screwed up there but I'm pretty sure that isn't it..
Well folks I think I just solved that one! went into ati settings and set it on basic and put it on performance and it went ahead and was like here hold this and fixed just about every problem I was having, sorry about the confusion!
Will keep thread open incase anyone else ever comes across anything like this

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG