The online racing simulator
Coming up: LFS Formula 1!
(22 posts, started )
Compo site: www.lfsformula1.webs.com

Click on Rules to view our calendar.

Register and go to the forums to sign up for the compo.
#2 - J@tko
How can a demo driver administrate an S2 league?
#3 - CSF
LFS Remote?
Danny... get S2 first before organising S2 leagues... :S
Why not get S2 first?
Quote :Substitutions: Teams will have 3 drivers (one is tset driver) and if a driver misses a race, Test Driver automatically replaces him. If this cannot participate too, the driver is replaced by an AI.

Beware, chaos is coming...

Quote :
  • Your real name
  • Your LFS License name
  • Your age (minimum age of 18 required)
  • Your email (for information and race reminders)

It's so easy to lie on your age... Or are you going to check the participants' birth certificates? And also, according to LFS Desktop, 3/10 of the online utilisators are less than 18.:sadbanana

But don't take that bad, this is just constrictive critisim.
Quote from EliteAti :Danny... get S2 first before organising S2 leagues... :S

I don't see any rule for that.
Quote from Danny LFS :I don't see any rule for that.

I suggested, not ordered. It would bring up alot more guys there.
#9 - amp88
Quote :Substitutions: Teams will have 3 drivers (one is tset driver) and if a driver misses a race, Test Driver automatically replaces him. If this cannot participate too, the driver is replaced by an AI.

I'm not interested in driving in your league, but if I was the above point would stop me in a heartbeat. The fact is that even the most mature and popular leagues will see drivers/teams register and not drive for events. This will leave you with some of the field as AI cars. Even one AI car in a field of real drivers can have dire consequences...I'd hate to see 20% of a field of BF1s as AI. I would strongly urge you to reconsider replacing missing drivers with AI. Have you actually run any test races with a mixture of humans and AI to see how they would go?
The driver is only AI replaced if that driver cannot get to the server in time. We then email the test driver and he'll replace him. the AI will enter the field only if all else fails.
Quote from Danny LFS :The driver is only AI replaced if that driver cannot get to the server in time. We then email the test driver and he'll replace him. the AI will enter the field only if all else fails.

What I'm saying is that even considering the use of the AI in any circumstance is a bad idea. If a human driver causes an accident you can take action against them (remove championship points, apply a penalty etc). What's the recourse for an AI driver causing a collision? Not to mention the fact that the AI is basically unaware of its surroundings, so it can be very difficult to overtake cleanly.
Your registration page asks that you agree to the Terms of Service. I can't find a link to them?
Age 18? i bet thatt 50% of LFS Fast racers are -18yo
30% to be exact .
Well, if we're being exact then I don't think anyone who actually uses LFS is minus 18 years old (-18 yo). 30% may be less than 18 years old (<18 yo).

Anyway, is the AI still going to be used as a replacement for missing human drivers?
Quote from SilverArrows77 :*EDIT* - Also not only is there no TOS as Bob mentioned (though you have a tick box for agreeing to it?) but upon anyones attempt to sign up they are confronted with this:

If it took this long for the first person to try and sign up it's not a good sign for the series...
Quote from EliteAti :Danny... get S2 first before organising S2 leagues... :S

Quote from Danny LFS :I don't see any rule for that.

But to organize an S2 league without having an S2 license doesn't make any sense.

How will you admin the races, organize the grid by hand if needed, check if someone is cheating during the qualy,
watch replays to act on complaints or to check for rule breaches, (without using a cracked version, which is a no go) etc. etc.

And I have to also agree with amp88 that "considering the use of the AI in any circumstance is a bad idea".

I bet that this league will never be successful with the currently missing requiered qualifications and rules.

I don't say that because I don't want others to be successful in what they are planning and doing
but because of my own long time experience in administrating my own or my Teams LFS leagues and racing events and the work in the background of other leagues.

So you should really think about your "baby" again and also about the critic some of the members here wrote.
Quote from BBO@BSR :But to organize an S2 league without having an S2 license doesn't make any sense.

How will you admin the races, organize the grid by hand if needed, check if someone is cheating during the qualy,
watch replays to act on complaints or to check for rule breaches, (without using a cracked version, which is a no go) etc. etc.

And I have to also agree with amp88 that "considering the use of the AI in any circumstance is a bad idea".

I bet that this league will never be successful with the currently missing requiered qualifications and rules.

I don't say that because I don't want others to be successful in what they are planning and doing
but because of my own long time experience in administrating my own or my Teams LFS leagues and racing events and the work in the background of other leagues.

So you should really think about your "baby" again and also about the critic some of the members here wrote.

I'm thinking about postponing LFSF1 to 2010. I haven't decided yet. BUT SSC WILL occur. I might need aid of an S2 user to check the cheating (I don't know, maybe I'll only need LFS Replay Analyser), if anyone S2 may want to help, he/she is welcome!

Quali system is the same as F1: a 20 minute qualifying with all cars, a 15 minute qualifying, with 15 cars, the Super Pole: a 10 minute shootout for Pole Position. In this last, all users must use the fuel load they pretend to start the race with, and it is forbidden to get to pits through Shift+P, or to spectate (Shift+S). On the first 2 sessions it si forbbiden only to Shift+S.

Races last for 2 hours + 1 lap.

Points system is also the same as F1: 10 for the winner, 8 for the second, 6 for the third, etc.
Quote from Danny LFS :I'm thinking about postponing LFSF1 to 2010. I haven't decided yet. BUT SSC WILL occur. I might need aid of an S2 user to check the cheating (I don't know, maybe I'll only need LFS Replay Analyser), if anyone S2 may want to help, he/she is welcome!

You would be better off organising a Demo League now to give you an idea of exactly what's required. A lot of time and work goes into the planning and execution of a league (believe me, I know...). If your demo league is successful you'll probably get the taste for the organisational side of things, then you can buy S2 and organise your F1 league...

As far as I'm aware replay analysers will NOT work on multiplayer replays (mpr files), so you won't be able to check those unless you get an S2 license. Even if you could view mpr files in analysers they don't give you the same insight as you get from actually watching a replay several times from different angles.
For your info, a BS| Demoleague will come in September, and I'll inform JakBot and oldnavy about the winner's skills, and he/she might take part on the AirAttack Demo FBM Racing Series, and the Win S2 Demo Cup, Demoleagues where he/she can win his/her license.
just curious, but why the hell is this only for >18year olds?
Maybe as you must be older than 18 to enter real F1 .

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG