The online racing simulator
A bug since patch S: I load my autocross layout at AS1 and instead of barrier_long get cone_green, instead of barrier_red - cone_blue (iirc). The layout file wasn't modified since patch Q.

Attached the problem file to test.
thx Scawen!
Quote from Scawen :Because it's not how paddle shifts work in real life. It also meant you had to do very quick pull and release, to get the fastest times. Sometimes this would lead to a missed change. Beginners on LFS often hold it for a second or two, and get peculiar behaviour. It needed to be fixed for the BF1 so I just thought I'll do it for everything, and it's one less "weird" thing that needs to be explained to people. Also it's not needed as much as it was in early versions of LFS, because the autoclutch works quite well for pulling away at low speeds. So I noticed that I never used this feature any more. I decided that people who want to use clutch, can simply assign a clutch button.

Your getting no arguments here about that. I fully understand your thinking.

However I taught a friend how to revmatch downshift on his own by holding the lever slightly longer to help make for a smooth change. Hes complained ever since from the new patch as he lost that bit of control over his shifts. I've long since moved to Hpattern and clutch so that problem doesn't occur to me anymore. I liked having more control over my sequencail change. But in the GTR/Open wheeled machines require a very very fast change indeed.

Quote from detail :A bug since patch S: I load my autocross layout at AS1 and instead of barrier_long get cone_green, instead of barrier_red - cone_blue (iirc). The layout file wasn't modified since patch Q.

Attached the problem file to test.

Yes, sorry about that. I didn't add any protection to the object list, and Eric must have deleted an object, so some objects moved in the list. I need to correct that so that doesn't happen in the future.

I can't really fix that now so I will have to ask you to repair your Aston autocross layouts. Sorry about the inconvenience, I hope that's ok.
Scaven having 666th post. Hell Yeah!!!

Does downloading T2 patch means selling my soul to devil then?
Quote from Scawen :I can't really change it now, because the hotlaps have been started.

As it only happens on some tracks, where there is a dip, I think it's not serious enough to wipe the hotlaps again and insist that everyone gets a new version. I think it is better to wait until the next physics update, and implement something a bit better by then (so basically it takes more force to damage the suspension, but it gets damaged more when you do so).

I partially agree. Though at the same time it means that those tracks that have that "dip" require some special setups. After few hits the suspension is unusable

Not that I make the decisions, but if there wass better time to make a change it would be now (just a friendly suggestion)
#32 - axus
Thanks for the quick fixes, Scawen - they seem to come much quicker than the ones over at nK-Pro... 2 weeks and they've still not released much. One question - after you take a much deserved good break, what is to be worked on? Any plans as yet? Just curious...
Quote from axus :Thanks for the quick fixes, Scawen - they seem to come much quicker than the ones over at nK-Pro... 2 weeks and they've still not released much. One question - after you take a much deserved good break, what is to be worked on? Any plans as yet? Just curious...

Yea, how bout that. A Friday release and by Monday morning, we have 2 additional updates to fix some big bugs found, excellent. I'm still on patch S as I didn't get the little T.exe update until it was too late (dialup can't handle 27 mb, would have been better to wait til work). So, question for everyone who said they had slight framerate loss, is the loss regained with patch T or T2? Guess I'll just find out when I get home.
Quote from Hyperactive :Not that I make the decisions, but if there wass better time to make a change it would be now (just a friendly suggestion)

Would you mind posting a SPR of this bug happening?

Please make it happen as near to the start of the replay as possible. to save me time testing. And drive "reasonably" so that it's a real situation, where the suspension is too weak. Please don't use Aston, any other track will do.

I want to try and do a fix, where an updated version has stronger suspension, but can still view S/T/T2 replays with weaker suspension. Your replay will help me set the level correctly, and to check that the new version does not go OOS when watching the old replays.

I can't promise that this will work out but it may be possible, so it's worth a try.
isnt that bug, that the carpark wants me to do laps?
no. You can make autocross.
I know it's nothing important, but it would be nice if you could add this in the next test/small patch.
Quote from silent_wind :i been getting some 10 sec freezes while racing online and especially when i have a close car in my sight..followed by an immediate disconnection from the server..it seems like it's a random thing, but it's there anyway. and it's happening pretty often too with fully loaded servers..

any ideas pls ? ?

I have same problem with T2.

10 sec. freezes. (2 time so far).
Quote from silent_wind :i been getting some 10 sec freezes while racing online and especially when i have a close car in my sight..followed by an immediate disconnection from the server..it seems like it's a random thing, but it's there anyway. and it's happening pretty often too with fully loaded servers..

any ideas pls ? ?

Looks like the solution is already in your signature. I would bet that its a heat problem. Im using a 6800GT myself, also at 400/1200, but to reach this, Im cooling it with water
Quote :LFS does not download "skins from the future" any more

I've noticed that since going to T (I didnt really play S much) that a number of racers are appearing without a skin, sometimes as many as 3 a race, whereas before I barely ever came across this. I imagine this change is the reason.

Does date checking have to be involved or could a CRC be used instead? Perhaps server time & date could be used instead?

Do players get a warning message if their skin is not downloadable because of this?
I've been getting this crash error since the S patch, I tried T and T2 and I'm still getting it. I tried running the Dr.Watson program in the background to get some information on the crash but it's not giving me anything. All I have is this screengrab of the crash address. LFS never ever ever crashed on me before so I doubt it's a heat issue or a hardware fault. This isn't a gripe, just an error report

specs
amd3200+
2gb mem
Ati x800xl
Logidech DFP
Attached images
error.gif
Quote from Hyperactive :...
Not that I make the decisions, but if there wass better time to make a change it would be now (just a friendly suggestion)

i totally agree!!!
nobody expected that the patch was perfect, if something has to be fixed it's better now that hotlaps are just started, than erasing them after that many people spent many efforts in hotlapping challenges
Quote from Bramski :All I have is this screengrab of the crash address.

Which version were you using when you got this crash? I need to be very clear on that or else I'll go looking in the wrong place.
Quote from Honey :if something has to be fixed it's better now that hotlaps are just started, than erasing them after that many people spent many efforts in hotlapping challenges

as you can see above, i'm asking for a replay of this happening, so i can try to do something about it.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've noticed that since going to T (I didnt really play S much) that a number of racers are appearing without a skin, sometimes as many as 3 a race, whereas before I barely ever came across this. I imagine this change is the reason.

no, probably they just haven't made a skin yet? remember players never get a skin until you stop, even if you download it, it doesn't reload the skin into their car until you stop or the race restarts (to avoid glitching).

the skins from the future big is when a remote player had their computer time clock set to some time in the future, then you could repeatedly and continually download their skin, and never make it appear (because thay *always* had a later skin than on your computer).
Quote from ORION :Looks like the solution is already in your signature. I would bet that its a heat problem. Im using a 6800GT myself, also at 400/1200, but to reach this, Im cooling it with water

well, i dont wanna disapoint you..but it's not my OC'ing..i know what im talkin about dude..

i also noticed it happens when i crash into somebody... and this issue was mentioned before and was supposed to be adressed i guess...but it seems not.. those freezes are really getting on my nerve now
Quote from silent_wind :well, i dont wanna disapoint you..but it's not my OC'ing..i know what im talkin about dude..

Have you tried turning off the overclocking?

I don't mean to be rude but it has happened so many times in the past, some people who are overclocking have freezes and crashes. And they always deny that the overclocking could possibly have anything to do with it.

Well, maybe they just give overclocking a bad name, but yeah I can't really consider anything to be a bug, if it's on a overclocked computer.
Quote from Scawen :Which version were you using when you got this crash? I need to be very clear on that or else I'll go looking in the wrong place.

T2 for that crash Scawen. I can go back to T and get that crash address too if it would be of any use to you.
Quote from Bramski :T2 for that crash Scawen. I can go back to T and get that crash address too if it would be of any use to you.

No, that's fine, thanks. I'll look into it then I'll post here if I need more info. I assume this crash is just happening at random when you are driving around. If you have any more info (like something that always happens when this crash occurs) then please let me know.
It's pretty random but it seems to be when I'm cornering as my DFP locks up too even after I have closed the crash error screen. I have to go into the DFP control panel (or go back into LFS) before it releases it's current position.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG