The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Skin Challenge Week 1
(31 posts, started )
Well, here it is, kinda a spur of the moment idea, a mix between the msz skin challenge, and lfs photomode competition.

Here are the rules :

1. All skins must be made especially for the challenge.

2. Skins must be submitted with an in-game preview or a CMX shot.

3. Skins must comply to the lfsw upload rules (Excluding the 1024 one, as you may post skins 2048 MAX)

4. Each week, the winner gets to pick next weeks theme. (The winner is decided by a public poll at the end of the week.

5. I pick the mandatory requirements (particular sponsors, while the winner may pick the series/colours the skin must be based on.)

6. All skins must be free for the public to use.

*********************************************************************************

Week 1

Car: FZR

Sponsors: STP (Vector) , Puma (Vector)

Colour needed to be included: Red

Have Fun!

James

LFSForum Skin Challenge Manager

Closing Date: Sunday 12th April 2009
where to post the skin?
Here .. There will be a new thread each round ..
#5 - Bean0
Please supply logos in a vector format (.eps, .ai) in future.
Also, please steal another MSz rule - All entries must be public skins.

I'll try and knock something together at the weekend
Quote from Bean0 :Please supply logos in a vector format (.eps, .ai) in future.
Also, please steal another MSz rule - All entries must be public skins.

I'll try and knock something together at the weekend

They were just quick example logo's... and yes good idea...
Rules Updated, and added BBC's for Daloonies vector links (thanks!)
Good idea James when do they have to be in for ? Next Monday ?
i think it would be better if this was made a little more similar to photomade competion, i think the better time for the skins could be 2 weeks?(i personally like this one cos usually i make skins every second weekend, dunno why, became a habit)
Required Colour: How much is it supposed to be contained in the skin? I got an idea and red is there, but not that much...
nice idea. i´ll see what i can do.
Quote from n-murray :Good idea James when do they have to be in for ? Next Monday ?

Closing Date: Sunday 12th April 2009

Quote from batteryy :i think it would be better if this was made a little more similar to photomade competion, i think the better time for the skins could be 2 weeks?(i personally like this one cos usually i make skins every second weekend, dunno why, became a habit)

Yeah, for the first one, we'll run it weekly. then if interest picks up, we'll change it if needed.

Quote from paceman :Required Colour: How much is it supposed to be contained in the skin? I got an idea and red is there, but not that much...

Well as long as its included in the skin, doesnt have to be the base colour, but dont have it like only the mirrors red.
Can Everen post his FZR Puma from www.everen.kilu.de? Or must the skin complete new for the challenge?
Keep cool buddy, I am going to take part too - when I can finish on time. =)
Quote from kiste :Can Everen post his FZR Puma from www.everen.kilu.de? Or must the skin complete new for the challenge?

Quote :
1. All skins must be made especially for the challenge.

If you feel you can edit it sufficiently so it looks different to the one on your website I have no problems. And please post the attachment on the lfsf.
Quote from daloonie :Am I really going to be the only one entering?

Anyways here's the skin: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1127526#post1127526

I'm sure there's more to come, plenty of time left, most skins will be made at the weekend, and you'll get to pick the theme for next week...
Quote from paceman :Keep cool buddy, I am going to take part too - when I can finish on time. =)

Exactly
maybe i could do something on this too, now when i got a little bigger vacation
edit: on second tough, ill join the next one and not this yet
Are rendered previews allowed? Or just screenshots / viewer shots?
2. Skins must be submitted with an in-game preview or a CMX shot.

Frz stp
paceman, only the team of us can look into the forum.

Upload it at photobucket or so.
Or make simply a attachment
I changed the link, thanks! =)
I thought STP or Puma. Thx for the hint. I did an update on the skin. The download link is still above. I also edited the big preview. A small one is here to see too.
Attached images
view-stp.jpg
i think the winner should choose two sponsors they are compatible and not complete different sponsors. Puma and STp togheter? This looks like crap.

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG