The online racing simulator
Forum Upgrade?
(16 posts, started )
Forum Upgrade?
it said a few mins ago hat the forum was getting upgraded, whats new? Shrug
darn! I thought it was for the VWS realease Big grin. I got too excited.

I blame blizzard. I got on every little hint of Diablo III, and that actually paid off ^-^
lol... Frown
why aren't you banned?
a few times... Schwitz
but IM SORRY ok?
i was just wondering what was new...
Probably upgrading from PHP 4x to PHP 5.2.9.
Quote from MijnWraak :darn! I thought it was for the VWS realease Big grin. I got too excited.

Why should the forum be down when the patch gets released? They just need to start a new thread for it.

And I doubt it will get released in the middle of the night anyway. Big grin
maybe the forum went down for a split second (phpbb can optionally take forums and/or search down if the load is too high, or maybe it couldn't connect to the db) and that happens to be what the "down" message is set to... Uhmm

either way, phpbb > vbulletin. Shrug
PHPBB is very easy and fun to set up and use Big grin. I even made my own skin, but it is on my old host's server.
Quote from shaun463 :PHPBB is very easy and fun to set up and use Big grin. I even made my own skin, but it is on my old host's server.

i like it...

i ended up redesigning subsilver2 though, and then themed it with different colours... the standard blue, green, red, purple and black... so no matter what, they all look the same, but with different colours... Big grin

i was originally supposed to help upgrade an ancient and heavily-modified phpbb v2 install, but after pulling my hair out with red tape and jackasses, i quit, and opened up the then-replacement to the public. Shrug
You can now quick reply to PMs. First useful thing that I have noticed.
Isn't that part of vBulletin 3.8.2?
Quote from Bob Smith :You can now quick reply to PMs. First useful thing that I have noticed.

People can also report abusive PMs, I think that's about all the extra functionality that applies here.
Is reporting your own visitor messages new? Big grin

Forum Upgrade?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG