The online racing simulator
FXR DRAG tips
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Nicce
FXR DRAG tips
as Topic say´s..

i just wanna ask how to set up the FXR for drag..
what is better in ure opinion ?

hard chassie or soft ?
hard front and softer rear?
hard rear and softer front ?

low chassie like a lowrider with soft supsension ?
or low with hard ?

i´m a drifter so i don´t mainly setup this car för dragstripp and i haved been thinking over this a time now.. "and signed me up for a drag gathering for the TC ppl"

best time i´ve done so far with a setup is: 10,81 / 5%fuel
gearbox is fast and good for drag now it´s the chassie i not sure of.

thx in advance.. ™DB Nicce
i'd say set it as low as you can for aero, get the gearbox nice and fast, run with 1% fuel, make sure the turbo has boost when you step off the clutch... my fxr pb is 10.93 and i'm a terrible drag racer, so i'm sure at least two-tenths faster is possible.
For RWD cars, high and soft is best, to promote maximum weight transfer. For FWD cars, low and stiff is best, to minimise weight transfer. Both cases maximise traction.

For AWDs, the solution is less obvious, as it depends on the weight distribution of the car, the CoG height, and how powerful it is. Basically you want to 50% of the weight on each axle when pulling away. Despite being front heavy, the sheer acceleration of the FXR means you're getting more weight at the rear, which you want to minimise, so you want to set it up like a FWD (i.e. low and stiff).
ive got a good set:
Posting soon

Time is: 10.46

Regarts Heiko1
#5 - Nicce
oki.. didn´t know that i had to set it up like a FWD either yet but i do now..
tested to alter the suspension to a bit softer and cutted of around a 0,10s from the bestlap i did before with same gearbox and same fuel amount.

gonna test the setup u used to get that time to man..

if u have more opinions about this plz tell..
Tipps for set:
  • Full Throttle on start
  • Know start light time till up to Green light
  • 1% Fuel
yea that are the tips
#7 - Nicce
u was right man it was damn fast then u let go of the clutch..

now i just have to do some pracc with the start grid and i´m homefree maby for a good chance to the finals..
-
(EmaQ) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
my FXR set does 10.49, but contrary to Bob's advise, i'm using soft and tall suspension in the rear for grip, but a lot of forward rake (hard and low in the front) to keep the weight shift from going too far to the rear. maybe i'll try it his way and see if i can go any faster.

one other thing is tires... you'd think that low tire pressure would yield the best grip off the line, but it seems like the reduced rolling resistance that comes with higher pressures has a greater impact on overall time.
#9 - Nicce
tnx for the tip/fact also man..

i have tested little diff of setuping the car for drag and has come to that i/u have to know the greenlight change to get the awsome time´s..
nice to hear
im making atm a drag setup package

PS: Please visit my link
Quote from evilgeek :you'd think that low tire pressure would yield the best grip off the line, but it seems like the reduced rolling resistance that comes with higher pressures has a greater impact on overall time.

Yes, you need to balance the gain in traction with the loss of acceleration the rest of the time. In cars like the FO8, where power is plentiful and traction relatively short, you want low tyre pressures all the way. In low power cars, or cars with huge traction like the FXR, the balance is found at higher tyre pressures than you might expect. I think UF1 and MRT end up fastest with near max tyre pressure, IIRC.
Quote from Bob Smith :-Knowledge-

Indeed Bob!

Don't forget you want low tyre pressures, and you want to keep toe as neglible as possible as it will add rolling resistance, as well as a nice flat contact patch, so that'd be no live camber.. I'm not sure of the science but it practise it works for me.

FXR DRAG tips
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG