The online racing simulator
BIOS Editor?
(12 posts, started )
BIOS Editor?
Hello!
Does anyone knows any tool to edit MSI BIOS?

I tried quite a lot of editors, including AMI BIOS editor, CBROM182 (by Phoenix) and some more, but they all can't read my BIOS file

I've attached the file in attachment (it's legal file, cause everyone can download it from MSI site).

Thanks!
Attached files
EN011IMS.zip - 1 MB - 229 views
May I just ask why you'd want to 'edit' your BIOS?
I KNOW what to do with it, I already edited 3-5 BIOS'es.
Congratulations on not reading the question!
What's wrong with pressing del on startup to edit the BIOS?
Oh, Dougie, I want to edit ROM, to add some 'features' to it
Not BIOS settings.
Ah I see. Thought this was a fancy way of BIOS editing while the PC was running...Carry on then
What u mean, editing the rom? U mean like, making the light flash on the music spectrum?

I dont get it, whats the point of "editing". Anyways, maybe its cool - not for me.
I would like it if chipset manufacturers would release source code of their BIOSes. I want to find out how to edit my ASUS motherboard's bios. Can you actually edit the code?
Sure, why wouldn't you be able to edit it? Though it's probably not written in any high level language like C, it's probably written in assembly code.
Quote from hazaky :What u mean, editing the rom? U mean like, making the light flash on the music spectrum?

I dont get it, whats the point of "editing". Anyways, maybe its cool - not for me.

ROM = Firmware of your BIOS.

You can re-flash your BIOS at any time with any compatible ROM.

e.g. you can add USB booting support to it, etc.
Quote from Shadowww :ROM = Firmware of your BIOS.

You can re-flash your BIOS at any time with any compatible ROM.

e.g. you can add USB booting support to it, etc.

Ooh, alright. But still, i dont need it Im happy with my Bios

BIOS Editor?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG