The online racing simulator
logitech z 5500
(47 posts, started )
Quote from gruggy :the quality seems good on the x530's and even if the z5500 quality isn't much better.

They're 100000000000x better, believe me. I sold my x530's to my sister
For music listening use dolby digital and for games DTS. Damn great sound quality. You must have a good soundcard too though
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :ehm.. lmao, you're all wrong.

No, youre wrong. Buy yourself a amp and speakers - wanna bet that u will see the differnce? That THX system on Z5500 is childish piece of crap. Ive owned stereo type speakers for all of my life - theyr much better than 5.1. 5.1 systems are not for quality - just for "fancy" stuff. Make a comparision ur self.
Quote from hazaky :No, youre wrong. Buy yourself a amp and speakers - wanna bet that u will see the differnce? That THX system on Z5500 is childish piece of crap. Ive owned stereo type speakers for all of my life - theyr much better than 5.1. 5.1 systems are not for quality - just for "fancy" stuff. Make a comparision ur self.

We have in living room damn great systems and yes they're better but wtf u are talking about piece of crap these are ****ing good systems u don't know a shit what you're talking about go fk urself
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :We have in living room damn great systems and yes they're better but wtf u are talking about piece of crap these are ****ing good systems u don't know a shit what you're talking about go fk urself

Could you possibly share your point of view without swearing so much?
Quote from jibber :Could you possibly share your point of view without swearing so much?

My style of talking! Not saving it anymore in here.. I wanna feel more free in here know?
I don't think you'll feel anything in here for much longer if you keep "your style of talking" up.
I think everyone in this thread who is arguing over the logitech Z5500 has neglected speaker placement, room acoustics, quality of media, and quality of power in their assumptions.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I think everyone in this thread who is arguing over the logitech Z5500 has neglected speaker placement, room acoustics, quality of media, and quality of power in their assumptions.

Except me, i know how to handle electronics.

Back to the topic, Tomba - watch ur language. Its very true that u dont know what ur talking about, gimme any good number what Z5500 has. Have u ever took a look in the sub? Have u seen what a crap 30oz - 40oz magnet it has? I guess not. Next time, dont fail yourself like that.
#35 - Migz
Quote from hazaky :Except me, i know how to handle electronics.

Back to the topic, Tomba - watch ur language. Its very true that u dont know what ur talking about, gimme any good number what Z5500 has. Have u ever took a look in the sub? Have u seen what a crap 30oz - 40oz magnet it has? I guess not. Next time, dont fail yourself like that.

This is a crap sub? **** ME!!
For a crap sub its amazing! It makes my entire house shake, and its placed ontop of an extremely un solid floor so alot off the bass is lost through that.
If this is a crap sub id love to see a proper sub :|
Quote from Migz :This is a crap sub? **** ME!!
For a crap sub its amazing! It makes my entire house shake, and its placed ontop of an extremely un solid floor so alot off the bass is lost through that.

Doesn't take much to make a house shake, for the sound quality however, excessive diaphragm movement is bad. Making cans rotate, cornstarch or rice dance or a house shake using a subwoofer doesn't really have anything to do with enjoying your music or whatever else you want to hear.

As for the floor, you're only losing vibration, not bass. The sound caused by the vibration that would occur on a solid floor is unwanted anyway. I'm pretty sure the Z5500 subby does have rubber feet, have a guess why
maybe someone could post up some vids of their z5500 at their peak for me to look at. i have seen some youtube vids but they dont really show them at their peak or even as high as they go .
wont let my friend do that to these for long though (melted voice coil)
And what do you expect to see from a video of speakers at maximum volume? If anything other than the speakers move, they are not isolated from the room properly (unless this speaker package goes exceptionally loud, which I doubt). If the cones visibly move (the sub surely will but satellites?), well, what do you intend to gain from it?
Quote from Bob Smith :And what do you expect to see from a video of speakers at maximum volume? If anything other than the speakers move, they are not isolated from the room properly (unless this speaker package goes exceptionally loud, which I doubt). If the cones visibly move (the sub surely will but satellites?), well, what do you intend to gain from it?

well mainly just to get i bit of an idea and to maybe show some of the non z5500 people in this thread. i dont expect to get perfect quality out of a video but just an idea.
If you want to get an idea of how they sound, go to a store and listen to them (you might aswell bring one of your own CD's). That's the only proper way to do it.
Quote from jibber :If you want to get an idea of how they sound, go to a store and listen to them (you might aswell bring one of your own CD's). That's the only proper way to do it.

+1

it doesnt matter how stuff sound in youtube. Every camera distorts and record the sound in different values. Best way is to test it out in real-life.
k guys i got them now.

they are great!!!.
im not upset with them at all there better then i expected.
#43 - Migz
Quote from gruggy :k guys i got them now.

they are great!!!.
im not upset with them at all there better then i expected.

Whoot whooot

Quote from morpha :Doesn't take much to make a house shake, for the sound quality however, excessive diaphragm movement is bad. Making cans rotate, cornstarch or rice dance or a house shake using a subwoofer doesn't really have anything to do with enjoying your music or whatever else you want to hear.

As for the floor, you're only losing vibration, not bass. The sound caused by the vibration that would occur on a solid floor is unwanted anyway. I'm pretty sure the Z5500 subby does have rubber feet, have a guess why

That is true, but compared to my old speakers this sub makes the entire house shake alot more. And as its on a crapp floor alot of the vibration (corrected it hehe ) is lost so if it is on a harder floor, which it will be soon, then the vibration will be even MOAR. And although extra vibration doesnt mean better sounding music, tis still awesome to be able to show your house nearly falling over to all your friends haha.
Quote from Migz :This is a crap sub? **** ME!!

A MTX Jackhammer is a proper sub
MTX jackhammer sucks. JL and Rockford Fosgate burns em Jackhammer is that powerful in real just as the cars X-shibitz pimpz up, y0.
I put a Polk db840dvc into my z2300 enclosure two days ago. It's about the same as the original Logitech sub. Definitely not any louder. Frequency response is different, though obviously. Once it's broken in, it will probably be much louder. But only having 120W RMS sucks. I can probably only go to 80W RMS free of distortion, anyway. Which is under half of the rated power of the subwoofer. I'm going to build a large ported enclosure and put this subwoofer in my car. The old one is going back in the logitech enclosure.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I put a Polk db840dvc into my z2300 enclosure two days ago.

You're doing it wrong

Obviously, the Polk needs a new box because its Vas, Qts and other values dont match the Z2300 ones. I assume that u mean Polk Audio woofer - wich is pretty quality stuff

logitech z 5500
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG