The online racing simulator
If i had my way i would....
(45 posts, closed, started )
Other threads have subjects, this one is solely about what YOU yourselves would do to LFS, anything you have in mind, even if it's been posted elsewhere, it's not about voting yes or no, this is about what YOU want LFS to be, if you had your way....

I'm sure everyone has something they wish to do with LFS, so post it here, but please, whether it's good or bad, don't criticize them, this is about doing what you want, not about what you think of what others want, so tell us what you'd love to see, I bet Scawen would get some killer ideas.
1) Modes - rather than having to look through servers to find one you want, and also in single player and training, there should be modes to choose from.

- Arcade (quick race) no tire wear, no fuel use, no damage, only penalties for speeding or wrong direction would be allowed. Cars can also reset.
Car physics would be preset so all cars are equal.

- Normal (regular) all normal rules apply, penalties on, tire wear on, fuel use on, damage on, cars can't be reset, and setups are on.

- Simulation (experts) same as normal mode, except all penalties are enforced by either a black flag, or penalty pitstop. Yellow flag infractions also apply, such as not slowing down when entering a zone with a standing yellow flag.

- Drift (exhibition) is just for the drifters, no penalties, damaga can be on or off, same for fuel and tires, but tires would last a lot longer for more action with less pitstops. Car physics would make the car slightly easier to turn without spinning out fully, also for more playability. Points system is also always on.

- Drag (competition) Same as already is, no changes

- Trials (practice) there is a practice mode as is, this would be the same, except an ability to fine tune settings on the fly, so you can adjust setups DURING the session, to better see how it performs, without wasting time back and forth in the pits.

2) ADD AN "INBOUND CAR" MESSAGE TO DRIVERS EXITING THE PITSTALL TO AVOID CRASHES IN THE PITS. Cars pull out of the pits with no clue that theres a car already in the pit lane heading their direction. It would flash a message saying "inbound car, caution" until the car passes the stall your in, then it would say "pit is clear", making pitstops a bit safer. Anyone that pulls out during the inbound car message has no excuse and cannot say "I didn't know the other car was there"

3) MAKE RACE LIGHT START UNIFORMLY, I hate that the light can start anytime, it has no regularity, it could be 2 seconds, or 8 seconds from the last red light till the green. Make all lights go off in 1.5 second intervals.

There's more I'd do, but those are the ones I'd do first, especially arcade mode. Im more into sims myself, however the point of an arcade mode is to have fun and do it with ease, not worrying about setups or pits.

Thanks for your time people

- sebby
#2 - amp88
No words can begin to express what's wrong with your idea and execution.

That won't stop me trying though...

Your font choice is so bad. Putting things in large, bold, red text does not make it easier to read or give it more emphasis. It only serves to make you look infantile.

Almost everyone is going to give similar ideas so it will take a lot of time to actually go through them all looking for original, unique or interesting ideas. It would be better for people to actually create a new thread for each of their original, unique or interesting ideas. If only they had some way to do that...oh, wait, that's how it's done just now.
Grow up, i didnt even want to read this text. The red stupid text made me ignore it. Just get S2 and join the community.
Quote from hazaky :grow up, i didnt even want to read this text. The red stupid text made me ignore it.

+1
Pablo, first of all ... this is a simulator, not nfs arcadez. U wanna do missions and stuff? Buy S2 and play in cruise servers - carry kids with UF1.
Quote from hazaky :Buy S2 and play in cruise servers - carry kids with UF1.

:huepfenic
You havn't quite got it have you Pablo.
#9 - garph
Not reading that either, edit the text back to normal colour and size, people might actually read it and take you seriously then.
Quote from Pablo Donoso :Other threads have subjects, this one is solely about what YOU yourselves would do to LFS, anything you have in mind, even if it's been posted elsewhere, it's not about voting yes or no, this is about what YOU want LFS to be, if you had your way....

I'm sure everyone has something they wish to do with LFS, so post it here, but please, whether it's good or bad, don't criticize them, this is about doing what you want, not about what you think of what others want, so tell us what you'd love to see, I bet Scawen would get some killer ideas.

1) Modes - rather than having to look through servers to find one you want, and also in single player and training, there should be modes to choose from.

- Arcade (quick race) no tire wear, no fuel use, no damage, only penalties for speeding or wrong direction would be allowed. Cars can also reset.
Car physics would be preset so all cars are equal.

- Normal (regular) all normal rules apply, penalties on, tire wear on, fuel use on, damage on, cars can't be reset, and setups are on.

- Simulation (experts) same as normal mode, except all penalties are enforced by either a black flag, or penalty pitstop. Yellow flag infractions also apply, such as not slowing down when entering a zone with a standing yellow flag.

- Drift (exhibition) is just for the drifters, no penalties, damaga can be on or off, same for fuel and tires, but tires would last a lot longer for more action with less pitstops. Car physics would make the car slightly easier to turn without spinning out fully, also for more playability. Points system is also always on.

- Drag (competition) Same as already is, no changes

- Trials (practice) there is a practice mode as is, this would be the same, except an ability to fine tune settings on the fly, so you can adjust setups DURING the session, to better see how it performs, without wasting time back and forth in the pits.

2) ADD AN "INBOUND CAR" MESSAGE TO DRIVERS EXITING THE PITSTALL TO AVOID CRASHES IN THE PITS. Cars pull out of the pits with no clue that theres a car already in the pit lane heading their direction. It would flash a message saying "inbound car, caution" until the car passes the stall your in, then it would say "pit is clear", making pitstops a bit safer. Anyone that pulls out during the inbound car message has no excuse and cannot say "I didn't know the other car was there"

3) MAKE RACE LIGHT START UNIFORMLY, I hate that the light can start anytime, it has no regularity, it could be 2 seconds, or 8 seconds from the last red light till the green. Make all lights go off in 1.5 second intervals.

There's more I'd do, but those are the ones I'd do first, especially arcade mode. Im more into sims myself, however the point of an arcade mode is to have fun and do it with ease, not worrying about setups or pits.

Thanks for your time people

- sebby

1) In many cases, these modes are already in place in one form or another. An arcade version would be the opposite of what most LFS players want.

2) Although there could be a benefit for an "incoming car" warning, that benefit would be too small to warrant any time being spent on it.

3) The lights go off at random intervals so good starts require good reactions.

Overall, your suggestions are redundant and show a lack of understanding of idea behind LFS: "LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving."
Quote from luftrofl :2) Although there could be a benefit for an "incoming car" warning, that benefit would be too small to warrant any time being spent on it.

I disagree, it actually would be a good idea - many if not all series use a warning signal when a car enters the pitlane, and since LfS recognizes when a car crosses the pit entry line, tying an acoustic (or written) signal to that wouldn't be that much of a hassle...
the way to select a game (via server selection) is excelent and etremely flexible.

Game modes were implemented in nfs:uc and was total fail. You choose a game and have no control over who you play against and what what country you play in. No choice and no win.
This could be a nice thread but the bold font and color irritates me. Why do you put your whole text in bold in this color?
#14 - CSU1
Pit girls
Quote from hazaky :grow up, i didnt even want to read this text. The red stupid text made me ignore it. Just get s2 and join the community.

+2
Pit Girls + Ice cream

or

Ice cream on the Pit Girls?
It's not that it's too long, but I really do agree that the big red text is just so offputting and vulgar to read..
I actually read it, and let me say that I for one am glad that the OP doesn't have it his way, or we would just play another NFS/Grid clone.
I always thought the time of the lighting depended on the track...anyway...he has a point, a very bad one, though.
The red text made me want to stop reading, but I kept going. And then I wished I hadn't. People who don't want full sim rules are playing the wrong game. Or perhaps looking for a game where a sim exists.

No no no no no.

Suggestion #2 is reasonable, although everyone in the pitlane should be prepared for inbound cars anyway. This would be made pointless when we get fixed pitboxes anyway.

And #3 is just pointless now. The idea is that the lights are timed randomly to prevent people predicting the green light and stop people jumping the light so closely that the program doesn't detect them. Now you actually have to wait for the green light, just like real races.
lol
Quote from Shadowww :Arcade mode?
Here you go.
http://www.amazon.com/Need-Spe ... qid=1238909980&sr=8-5

Normal mode?
I have it too.
http://www.amazon.com/Need-Spe ... qid=1238910015&sr=1-1

lolz there its fixed so :P boy you people sure do like to nitpick xD in a few weeks when I stop being cheap and mooching off the demo... then we'll see some real whining xD (you're gonna wonder how a n00b is pwning) xD jjkkk lol -

but man, I can't say I like need for speed, for arcade racing it the only reason I call it an arcade mode is at the moment, there's no way to turn element wear off, without the use of the CE5.3 proggie, I dunno, Maybe its an option in S2... I'll see once I get it,

Other then LFS, the only game I'd play is Gran Turismo, i dare anyone to make better vids then mine, WITHOUT eating a wall, for the same number of laps, drifting every turn the way I did, yeah anyone can do that right? lol so let's see them and I'll buy you an S2 voucher when I buy mine, that is if you can out drift me... =)

www.MySpace.com/F2OOOGT (youtube cuts off vids @ 10 min mine is 14)

I'm totally dying to drive the RSR I think its called, I already made skins for all the cars with the same theme... SPOOONNNNNN FTW YO!!! lol i hope yall can drive better then you can trash talk, I love competition.. =D take it easy people... and stop razzin the n00bs... lmfao.. LIKE MEEEE =P heres the skins , Im not stingy with what I got laterrrr

My eyes
Lmfaooooo
HAHAHAaaaaa omg those headlights crack me the ^%($(^$ up when I see them ... crayons ftL!!!! lmfao!!!!!!!!!!! god this pbhp vs html code is ridiculous why don't they make it all uniform tsk tsk
Quote from Pablo Donoso :HAHAHAaaaaa omg those headlights crack me the ^%($(^$ up when I see them ... crayons ftL!!!! lmfao!!!!!!!!!!! god this pbhp vs html code is ridiculous why don't they make it all uniform tsk tsk

Funny, I still think those headlights are better looking than carbon fiber with each square being like a foot wide.
This thread is closed

(45 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG