The online racing simulator
logitech z 5500
(47 posts, started )
logitech z 5500
hello everyone i am getting the logitech z 5500 speakers THX certified with 10 inch subwoofer.
i would like to see what everyone's opinions are on them like how they perform, how loud they are and the quality of the sound. anything you could talk about to let me and others know how they are.
already a thread about this, search.
All the Logitech, Creative, etc. setups are ... well cheap crap really, the link in Tomba's sig "Z5500 POWER" - which is just terrible - proves the point.
However, overall the Z5500 is probably the best bang for the buck and if you're not overly audiophile, you probably can't tell the difference between it and a really good system (Klipsch, Harman Kardon, B&O, Teufel, ... to name a few major players).

Sadly really good surround systems are rather expensive and the cheaper Logitech and Creative ones offer good value for money, just don't expect too much.
Quote from morpha :All the Logitech, Creative, etc. setups are ... well cheap crap really, the link in Tomba's sig "Z5500 POWER" - which is just terrible - proves the point.
However, overall the Z5500 is probably the best bang for the buck and if you're not overly audiophile, you probably can't tell the difference between it and a really good system (Klipsch, Harman Kardon, B&O, Teufel, ... to name a few major players).

Sadly really good surround systems are rather expensive and the cheaper Logitech and Creative ones offer good value for money, just don't expect too much.

well at the moment i have the logitech x 530's and iam very happy with them and i have read up on the z 5500's and people have said they are very good computer speakers im sure there is better but as you said great for the price.
also the reason i want these is cos my friend blow up my sub on the x530 and i think the z5500 are pretty good by what people have said and they look like thay would be good.
I have some older 2.1 Logitech speakers at the moment (x-230, I think). These are brilliant, go loud without breaking up, sub is powerful (if not overly powerful) and midtones/hightones are clear.

I would say the z-5500 should be excellent speakers, I was looking to buy some myself but got a new monitor instead. I listened to them setup in a PC store some time back, they sounded brilliant then, but they weren't on loud so. The average internet review says they are excellent, but will always say excellent within the price range.

And I wouldn't really say Logitech was 'cheap crap', Creative maybe but even the cheap stuff on for Logitech has always seemed to be built very well and I have only had one thing thats broken from that company, that being my G25 which isn't surprising.

Make sure your going to use 5.1 though, because if your not I would go for a decent 2/2.1 system at the same price.
Quote from morpha :All the Logitech, Creative, etc. setups are ... well cheap crap really, the link in Tomba's sig "Z5500 POWER" - which is just terrible - proves the point.

Don't talk shit if u don't know a shit.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Don't talk shit if u don't know a shit.

What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying the Z5500 is actually good? Seriously?

Well that's the iPood generation I suppose

€: For the record, I did say it is good value for money, did I not?
It certainly is a good mainstream system but it really is cheap crap compared to the "good" stuff.
Should you ever get to hear a Teufel Theater 8 (the best and most expensive system I had the pleasure of hearing), let alone the more expensive Theater 10 or the Klipsch THX Ultra2, you'll understand what I'm on about.
Quote from morpha :What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying the Z5500 is actually good? Seriously?

Well that's the iPood generation I suppose

€: For the record, I did say it is good value for money, did I not?
It certainly is a good mainstream system but it really is cheap crap compared to the "good" stuff.
Should you ever get to hear a Teufel Theater 8 (the best and most expensive system I had the pleasure of hearing), let alone the more expensive Theater 10 or the Klipsch THX Ultra2, you'll understand what I'm on about.

Hmmm yea...very pricey stuff. Like comparing a ford mondeo to an aston martin db9.
#9 - Migz
I've got the Z-5500's and love them
Id obviously love an expensive audiophile 5.1 set up much more.
But for the price the z-5500's are amazing.
Very worth getting
Can someone who's used headpones and the Z5500 for racing sims (LFS or other) say a few words about how it compares? I've never used speakers myself, only headphones.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from LFSn00b :Well, it doesn't matter in racing simulators really, but when it comes to FPS Gaming, a proper headset is a must. Speakers in FPS gaming are to be honest - really awful

Can I ask why?
Quote from Jakg :Can I ask why?

Yeah, I'm wondering the same. I think a good 5.1/7.1 set will ALWAYS be better then a headset. Because you can actually hear behind you etc.
Quote from morpha :All the Logitech, Creative, etc. setups are ... well cheap crap really

Actually ... i gotta agree. I had Z5500 but i sold it because it was too weak for me. No quality at all. i moved on big 5x15" woofers and Pioneer amp ... sounds 50x better. But, for nolifers and that kind of ppl - z5500 is enough.
well at the moment i have the logitech x530 and they were very good but my friend blow my sub. im sure the z 5500 would be better? how would they compare to the x530?
z2300 is what I have. No need or room for a 5.1 setup, 2.1 is good enough for music purposes, which, is my primary use for my speakers. But unfortunately the acoustics of the 2.5in satellites tend to be incredibly lacking. Poor midbass, poor high range.
As has already been said, Logitech THX certified speakers are very good for the money. They're not as good as vastly more expensive setups, but you obviously can't compare the two either. You should be very pleased if you buy the Z5500s. I've got a set of Z-560s that I got some years ago now (I think it was 2001 or 2002) and they're still going strong and sounding good (for a 4.1 system).

Quote from LFSn00b :Well, it doesn't matter in racing simulators really, but when it comes to FPS Gaming, a proper headset is a must. Speakers in FPS gaming are to be honest - really awful

Quote from Jakg :Can I ask why?

Think about it. Say the speakers are an average of 1m from your head. Sound travels at ~340 metres per second, so the sound takes 0.003 seconds to get to your head. With headphones it's instantaneous, so you're going to be less effective at killing people.

Yes, I'm joking.
The latency of the sound hardware that is generating the audio signal is ALOT more then 3ms.
Quote from wheel4hummer :The latency of the sound hardware that is generating the audio signal is ALOT more then 3ms.

Note the white text
Quote from gruggy :well at the moment i have the logitech x530 and they were very good but my friend blow my sub. im sure the z 5500 would be better? how would they compare to the x530?

Between these speakers, the difference is pretty big. First of all - its powerful. Second, subwoofer wont fart like the cheapies do. Quality - no big difference.
Quote from hazaky :Between these speakers, the difference is pretty big. First of all - its powerful. Second, subwoofer wont fart like the cheapies do. Quality - no big difference.

Quality, big, ****ing big difference for me. I used to have x530.. Again some ppl talking shit, why to spend 1000euros to crazy ass bitch speakers if u can have ****ing good speakers for 300e (z5500).
Wrong, quality wont be better. I mean, musical quality - not design or something like that. Theyr all using Tang Band style woofers. There is not quality differnce, maybe a lil bit. Buy a stereo amp and some SONY or Pioneer speakers - then u see whats the difference. Honestly.
ehm.. lmao, you're all wrong. I'm sure you haven't had z5500 or you have had a ****ing bad soundcard or something.
I have the Z-5500 and I can tell you right now they are fine for music nothing wrong with them and they are very loud but dont distort you should get them theres no need too go out and buy amp's etc
it seems everyone who owns the z5500 like them and the ones who dont own them dont like them?
as i said before i like the x530's so im sure the z5500 will be better. the quality seems good on the x530's and even if the z5500 quality isn't much better atleast their is the extra power im mainly using them for pc so the z 5500 should be good for that.

logitech z 5500
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG