The online racing simulator
7 monitors through USB????? WHAT?
(11 posts, started )
will this work for sim racing? im building a 22 x 3 and just fell across this..

i think you have to have a certain monitor to daisey chain them together.

http://www.displaylink.com/ then click on video in the bottom right corner.

monitor guru's please advise......

Thanks
Kevin
Sure it works, it's pretty easy to use too.
#3 - Crady
Well in my opinion this is a USB Video Card with quite low performance I guess...

But theoretically you should be able to connect as much Displays as you want like this - each Display one Diamond USB Video Card.

Then the setup should work like the tripple head...
Quote from Crady :Well in my opinion this is a USB Video Card with quite low performance I guess...

But theoretically you should be able to connect as much Displays as you want like this - each Display one Diamond USB Video Card.

Then the setup should work like the tripple head...

Each video card will have its own canvas... That means that games will default to a single screen, and some will not work on multiple.

Triple Head 2Go creates one really large canvas that spans 3 screens. Windows will think it's a single card/monitor.
#5 - Jakg
Depends on how it works - but with such a huge resolution I can see lots of issues (and USB being laggy).

Expensive, too.
Alternatively, some monitors (such as one of mine) have built in support for monitor tiling (aka TV walls), I'd imagine that's a better route to go down for very large numbers of screens, as you'll only need to render a managable resolution, and the monitors themselves can upscale the result.
USB video outputs are ususaly horribly slow, you are better off using a TH2G or finding some other way to link the monitors.

I have seen many multi monitor solutions running on USB 2.0, and they always have horrible frame rate, and theres always a delay.
I dont know why, but i think that ive already seen a "USB monitor" type topic. Anyways, cool feature - but not for me. 2-3 monitors should be more than enough for gaming or office.
I use 2 monitors on my desktop, and everyone that comes by thinks I have 2 computers. My mother has not known why I have 2 monitors, she thinks it's totally useless. I constantly keep telling her that it is to keep my eye on various things at once. If my LFS is full screen, I can see who is sending a message to me over Skype or MSN Messenger on the other screen, as the sounds cannot be heard on my LFS, and to see what song is playing in Winamp. This also helps me with some other things, such as using a reference photo on one screen, and the image editing software used to skin cars on the other screen, which would be more convenient to be the closer screen. Both LCDs I have are connected directly to my Nvidia powered ASUS card, Everything goes fine, but I get some lag with the cursor when I minimize LFS, for example. I am sure this is because of my motherboard which is a bit old, and has been abused a bit (not by overclocking).
The 7 would work with the desktop, but as soon as you tried to run any directX games it would default back to 1 screen.

The cheapest way is to use 3 screens and SoftTH.

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG