The online racing simulator
Grippy Set for FBM
(11 posts, started )
Grippy Set for FBM
I took a set from the setup grid and modifide it to make it grip better. I can pull low 1:16s and keep a pace of mid to high 1:16s and can't beat high 1:15s in any setup ive tryed, so much better times are easy to get from better drivers. The setup is here.... FBM_grip.set
I would injoy feedback if you can give it.
Thanks.
Attached files
FBM_grip.set - 132 B - 1315 views
I was wondering which track was this for, then I saw you're still "stuck" at Blackwood ;-)
Yes, this if for blackwood or BL1 as some like to call it. So, how do you like it?
It is also a great enduro set,
Well, someone likes to call it BL1, as this is the internal naming convention for tracks in LFS. Better get used to it.
BL1 is the first GP track, BL2 is the second track at Blackwood (Rallycross), and so on...

As for set performances, I didn't try it yet, I have some graphics driver problems with pc at the moment...
I don't think I'm fully qualified to speak about setup qualities, as I'm relatively new to all this.
But if, as you say, you consistently get low 16s with it, it sounds like a good start.

I'll try to beat my (edit: lame) 1.15.13 with it and will report back.
#5 - STF
Too much downforce, it is preventing you to achieve a good top speed on the straight. Try something like 7/8 - 6~. You can add more rear arb to cure any understeer.

5th gear is too short, adjust it so you ca go 199-200km/h to T1.
You may have to adjust 6th too so you can go 215-216 to T3.

Also, rear brake bias is too much for my taste, i usually end up locking the rear when i brake hard, i had it adjusted to 68% front.

With those small modifications i think a low 15 in about a few laps is easy.
??? just ask online for some
anyways here is my set (the smoothest i know and my favorit set)
take the parts you need from it and enjoy it ^^

pb: 1:13.54
Attached files
FBM_bl1 smooth race.set - 132 B - 5761 views
#7 - pk500
John:

Your "smooth race" setup is BRILLIANT. Smooth turn-in, and it's astonishing how early you can floor your throttle foot at corner apex and the rear end of the car stays planted to the track.

I've shaved six-tenths from my personal best in one night with your setup, going from 1:16.4 with a previous setup to 1:15.8 with yours. And I know there's more left to trim.

Thank you!

Take care,
PK
#8 - Osco
John, I've had a few laps with the smooth race set and knocked signifact time of my pb, but to me the turn-in isn't that crisp. Feels like it doesn't like to turn. Especially in T3 at BL1 I struggle to turn in. Do you have a revised, or tweaked version of this set?
Quote from Osco :John, I've had a few laps with the smooth race set and knocked signifact time of my pb, but to me the turn-in isn't that crisp. Feels like it doesn't like to turn. Especially in T3 at BL1 I struggle to turn in. Do you have a revised, or tweaked version of this set?

no, i dont have another one like that set. maybe you try to drive too fast into it . could you upload a lap that i can see how you are driving?
#10 - Osco
don't have a lap handy, but in-race (some demo 5 lap race thingy) I did consistent mid 1:14.xx with a best of 1:14.12 (no drafting or anything). After that I somehow lost the feeling with that set and struggled to do 1:15.xx laps. Since tweaking it or using your original set I didn't even manage a 1:14.xx lap... I'll do some laps tomorrow and upload a replay and my tweaked set for you to have a look at. Thanks
Hi !
Here u are my BL1 FBM Set ( I'm demo racer )
1st split - 00:24.36
2nd split - 00:54.200
lap time - 1:14.930
Attached files
FBM_SF60.set - 132 B - 1125 views

Grippy Set for FBM
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG