The online racing simulator
I think I may be opening up another can of worms...
A world-renowned mathematics expert proves conclusively that there is no “climate crisis” as published Summer 2008 in a major, peer-reviewed paper, ‘Physics and Society’, the highly-respected journal of the 4,600-strong American Physical Society. http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/press/...
Lord Monckton, former British government chief adviser revealed 11 disturbing errors in the claims made by environmentalists at the IPCC. Monckton’s paper reveals that:

1. The IPCC (International Panel on Climate Change)’s 2007 climate summary overstated CO2’s impact on temperature by 500-2000%
2. CO2 enrichment will add little more than 1 °F (0.6 °C) to global mean surface temperature by 2100;
3. Not one of the three key variables whose product is climate sensitivity can be measured directly;
4. The IPCC’s values for these key variables are taken from only four published papers, not 2,500;
5. The IPCC’s values for each of the three variables, and hence for climate sensitivity, are overstated;
6. “Global warming” halted ten years ago, and surface temperature has been falling for seven years;
7. Not one of the computer models relied upon by the IPCC predicted so long and rapid a cooling;
8. The IPCC inserted a table into the scientists’ draft, overstating the effect of ice-melt by 1000%;
9. It was proved 50 years ago that predicting climate more than two weeks ahead is impossible;
10. Mars, Jupiter, Neptune’s largest moon, and Pluto warmed at the same time as Earth warmed;
11. Also, in the past 70 years the Sun was more active than at almost any other time in the past 11,400 years.

The detailed arguments in this paper, and, indeed, in a large number of other recent scientific papers, point up huge errors as well as misleading statements by the IPCC. Consequently, there are no rational grounds for believing either the IPCC or any other claims of dangerous anthropogenic ‘global warming’. The great con perpetrated by a consortium of tax-hungry world leaders now seems totally exposed.

discuss
Are we still talking about this? What's next, another 9/11 conspiracy thread?
#3 - 5haz
Climate Change is real, global warming isn't.

The Climate will warm up or cool anyway, even without human influence. Some places may even end up cooler.

Still, you only have to look at cities across the world where there is haze so thick its hard to see beyond three blocks and where people commute to work wearing masks to see that it would still be nice to perhaps to a bit of a spring cleaning on this rock.
As i posted on the ovalchat forum..

Earth had its last ice age about 8,000 years ago, which seems like a very long time, which it is to us, but it is bugger all time in terms of planetarian history which goes into millions and billions of years. Bearing in mind our solar systems sun is only about half way through its life cycle, it was formed over 4.5 billion years ago.

In planets historical timescales, 8k years ago has only just happened.

All thats happening is that this planet is still coming out of the last ice age, and will continue to warm as it does so for many more thousands of years.

The earth will carry on going through ice ages, and in approx 5 billion years time, our sun will turn into a red giant, swell to about 250 times its current size, which will result in either; the earth being swallowed up by the sun, or if it doesn't get swallowed, all its water will have been boiled away, and the atmosphere, or most of it, would have escaped into space.

No need to worry about that though, as in a billion years time the sun will become too hot for water, and therefore life to exist here anyway, so well before the red giant phase.

With all that in mind, who really gives a f##k about global warming??

People cleverer than me who leave copies of new scientist magazines laying about at work are to thank for that explanation! :smile:
Quote :Christopher Monckton, who once advised Margaret Thatcher

Not to mention that this site is entirely devoted to "debunking" climate change. lolz.
To see greenhouse effect in full action, there's no need to look further than Venus.
all my geography and science teachers told me that the south pole grows as the north melts... so maybe its a routine that we haven't been around long to know ??

either way...

sooner or later its going to end, drag out the murder or ?
Why are people so scared to die but then want to find out how they'll be wiped out in the future
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Are we still talking about this? What's next, another 9/11 conspiracy thread?

Lol.

Although at work I was discussing with a good colleague of mine about things in general, we were talking about how much bollocks all of this climate change stuff is. We agreed that while, yes, there is probably some contribution from the civilized society, it's nowhere near as bad as what it's made out to be.

Quote from Sueycide_FD :Why are people so scared to die but then want to find out how they'll be wiped out in the future

Because people are looking for any excuse for them not to realise they're living an existence which amounts to nothing.

Quote from 5haz :Climate Change is real, global warming isn't.

The Climate will warm up or cool anyway, even without human influence. Some places may even end up cooler.

Still, you only have to look at cities across the world where there is haze so thick its hard to see beyond three blocks and where people commute to work wearing masks to see that it would still be nice to perhaps to a bit of a spring cleaning on this rock.

Yes, one cookie to you Sir.
Quote from mookie427 :9. It was proved 50 years ago that predicting climate more than two weeks ahead is impossible;

LOL. They don't seem to realise that this quote only weakens their case.

If that 50-years old proof is still scientifically solid, then the whole climate discussion would have been moot, including Monckton's work. And if the proof is wrong, then quoting an old and incorrect result is plain lunacy.

Looks like they've heaped up all the anti-GW evidence they could find, without checking if that evidence is internally consistent.
So if global warming is just a big hoax and climate ain't changing, then where is all that extra water coming from that keeps contributing to raising sea levels. Past 100 year average is roughly 2mm per year and while it may not cause major problems during our lifetime, sooner or later life gets a whole lot more exicting down there in Netherlands.

Another thing to keep in mind is that dark sea absorbs a lot more energy coming from the sun compared to white snow and ice that reflects most of it back.
I haven't even read any replies, I'm just gonna blurt out my theory, so sorry if it is a repeat of what has been said.

Global warming is a myth created by evil scientists to make us do what they say. It is also a way for the government to tax us even more, and this will make the scientists and governments feel they have even more control over us. Soon, the whole world will be like China, where we are all controlled by big-ears Brown and Obama. I think that global warming is actually just climate change rebranded, and in essence is the world warming back up after the ice age. Soon, it will probably cool down and enter another ice age, but I'm talking thousands of years away. Sure, say I'm in denail and I'm ignoring the "facts", but the way I see it the facts are false and, as I am a teenage boy, I am OBVIOUSLY correct!

-----------------

EDIT: And now I've read most of this,

Quote from mookie427 :9. It was proved 50 years ago that predicting climate more than two weeks ahead is impossible

But to gain control of our minds, scientists will have based this on a current trend, no? Obviously, it could go either way, but if it makes it sound scary and more threatening, thats what will be said.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG