The online racing simulator
is lfs actually the best sim?
(70 posts, started )
Quote from Intrepid :I wouldn't be surprised to find that out of the big sims LFS may possibly have the best cost per mile driven ratio out there by far. IMO LFS is the best pound for pound sim currently in existance.

I completely agree with this. I actually think LFS may have a more consistent active number of drivers then any other sim. Everyday during prime time hours it is at 1200 -1300 or more. In sim racing terms, because of a small community, that is huge. I will tell you why the other current titles don't or don't yet.

rFactor is just too much trouble. The mods need computer assisted organization.
iRacing is just too expensive for a large portion of the sim community as a whole. But, it is an excellent simulation and I have just purchased a year and my D-Class content packages. But, I see less drivers online during prime time then in LFS. It is a hell a lot of fun though.
GTR is cool. And I can't put my finger on it, but it is just wrong some how. Maybe it is the ice effect of the road.

-Jay
LFS is great yeah
Quote :
I didn't signature my self!

I always laugh when I see this
IMO Theres 3 best sim's atm - NKPro3 - LFS1 - Iracing2 - Just depends which one people like

E: Racing sim's ofcourse
Quote from EliteAti :IMO Theres 3 best sim's atm - NKPro3 - LFS1 - Iracing2 - Just depends which one people like

yeah, that (and RBR) are the only ones i would call a racing simulator.
Quote from EliteAti :IMO Theres 3 best sim's atm - NKPro3 - LFS1 - Iracing2 - Just depends which one people like

E: Racing sim's ofcourse

For the Rounders under us is NR2k3 more likely another candidate.
@john: ^ ^ ^
Driving-wise it is the best, imho. However, it doesn't simulate the sport as well as other games.
#36 - Myw
To Me LFS is the most realistic and it does have one of the best multiplayer (once you get the right server.)

So, yeah I think Lfs is the best Sim.
Well, LFS is actually the best sim simce there are not any reliable sims near lfs.

The multiplayer features quickplay like FPS games and doesnt use the stupid "game/host room"
YES.

Thats all i have to say.

/thread.
LFS is without doubt the best racing sim.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm of to the nKP forum and say the same about nKP. When I've finished there I'll pop over to iRacing and say the same thing there, then rFactor, then Need for Speed etc. etc. etc.
Any bets someone says Need for Speed isn't a sim
#41 - BMB
Uhmmm
What is the point of asking this question on LFS forum ???...

I love the way its made (alpha version)... And probably this is best selling alpha version game ever made...

There is no point in insulting DEVs about speed of develompment... We all have been warned...

For me... The physical part is done soo great, that I dont need GT5(etc) graphics and sound (which can be modified (at own risk))...

The END
Quote from aroX123 :Go break your neck

His opinion is just as valid as yours.. so how about grow up?

For the money and gameplay, LFS is the best sim. However, I'm sure that iRacing can produce a higher simulation (just guessing, never having played it) , from having been casually following the iRacing thread. Problem is, it's £9232437 a week and it's impossible to just pick up and play on a combo you want, so LFS has it.

GTR Evo is fun for blasting round the Nurburgring and isn't that bad until you start trying to drift everywhere.

And no, Doorman. NFS is not a sim. It's a racing game, not a racing simulator, never confuse the two.

brokn sarcasm detektor mebe idk
#43 - Juls
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
And no, Doorman. NFS is not a sim. It's a racing game, not a racing simulator, never confuse the two.

No, it can't be. NFS is LFS improved. There was LFS, then MFS and finally NFS. Better graphics, better sound, better physics... all pretended sims like iRacing LFS and others fail to simulate grip.
Only NFS, thanks to it's evolved state-of-the-art physics engine, has the ultimate grip.
Come on... LFS does not even have blur!
Quote from Juls :No, it can't be. NFS is LFS improved. There was LFS, then MFS and finally NFS. Better graphics, better sound, better physics... all pretended sims like iRacing LFS and others fail to simulate grip.
Only NFS, thanks to it's evolved state-of-the-art physics engine, has the ultimate grip.

what? Being sarcastic this morning?

Quote from Juls :Come on... LFS does not even have blur!

So? We have bloom http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41775
This is just getting stupid.

All the threads like:

"did iRacing kill LFS?"
"Which is best? LFS or iRacing?"
"is lfs actually the best sim?"

DUDE!
You are on the forums for LFS (LIVE FOR SPEED) so what the **** do you think your answer will be?
This is not only for this thread but for all other retarded threads out there too.
And another information, I don't think anyone really cares.
NFS can simulate neons which gives you additional 1k RPM, too

And LFS can't simulate NAWZ. :S
Quote from Juls :No, it can't be. NFS is LFS improved. There was LFS, then MFS and finally NFS. Better graphics, better sound, better physics... all pretended sims like iRacing LFS and others fail to simulate grip.

Worth quoting

Well, you can put blur in it anyway... :rolleyes:

BTW I personally think LFS is the best racing simulator.

I smell sarcasm!
LFS doenst even have hachi roku
(sorry i spammed im very sorry)

is lfs actually the best sim?
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG