The online racing simulator
Downloaded setups - Help needed
(9 posts, started )
I downloaded setups (a .set file) but I don't know how to apply them. Could someone please help and tell me how to use the Dloaded file?
#2 - J@tko
Put it in lfs/data/setups
Quote from J@tko :Put it in lfs/data/setups

Where is it located? Not in program files or application data?
It'll be wherever your Live For Speed folder is located.
Quote from J@tko :Put it in lfs/data/setups

If there's a correct association set in Windows Explorer, double clicking on the file should move it to the appropriate folder automagically
Quote from NightShift :If there's a correct association set in Windows Explorer, double clicking on the file should move it to the appropriate folder automagically

That sounds new to me ! Double clicking should open it, not move it...
Should open and copy, not move.
Actually if you associate the file with LFS.exe double clicking it will copy and send it straight to the setups folder. As will right clicking and "saving as"

edit: Right clicking and "saving as" does not work

In case you are wondering how to associate the file..

1. Right click on any .set file.
2. click properties
3. Where it says "Open with" browse to your Lfs.exe and click ok.

Then whenever you download a .set file you can just double click it to send it to the data/setups folder. It Really works out for me with google chrome as everything I download goes to one folder.
never knew that..

OP: as LFS is not really "installed" anywhere (no installer, no registry changes) just copy and paste the setup to for example c:/games/lfs/data/setups/ , if c:/games/lfs is the dir you start the lfs.exe from.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG