The online racing simulator

Poll : Change the long Barriers to White instead of Red&White

No thanks, i like the candy theme.
Yes please, one, long, white barrier for me!
Vote Red&White Barrier to WHiTE!
Hey guyz and devs,

I've thought about this so many times and guess the best way to get this done is to see what the rest of the community feels about this. I don't know why but the red and white theme just doesn't appeal to me. As i mostly play AU layouts it really makes me think of arcade games. If the long red and white barriers where not polygon colored but plain white u could define the style of the layouts by custom textures aswell. Much more versatile in my opinion. Would love to see a change to this in the future.

Everyone supporting this idea say Yay!
#2 - J@tko
You can change them yourself
#4 - J@tko
#5 - Nick.
Quote from J@tko :I have no idea

Its in a dds file somewhere

The DDS file doesn't change the color, just the texture. It's in the programming files, not the visual files.
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Nick. :The DDS file doesn't change the color, just the texture. It's in the programming files, not the visual files.

Oh ok - but you can still make them white
I dont think you can TBH, as the DDS used for the whole barrier is already white. LFS itself makes the red parts red using the white colour to begin with if you see what i mean.

That is if we are talking about the same barrier i think we are.
Quote from J@tko :Oh ok - but you can still make them white

No you cannot. You can make the texture different. But the red parts are overlays programmed into the game. They cannot be removed. If you make blue barriers they come out Purple.

This means that they only need one texture for both red or white barriers. The game overlays the red colour when needed. I believe it's an optimisation technique, or maybe just cutting corners, idk.

This causes wierd flickering of the barriers when viewed at certain angles. (been reported elsewhere) For example, travelling down the Fern Bay bridge towards the left hander that goes down the s-bends. Can't get a screenie I'm at the office.
edit: Actually this effects the outer (red/yellow) barriers so technically doesn't effect the AutoX barriers. See http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=769654#post769654
So I wasn't entirely correct. Sorry about that lapse in memory.

Personally I want the red overlay removed and let the texture decide the colour. I realise it would be annoying for Scawen to have change such things to.
Quote from JasonJ :No you cannot. You can make the texture different. But the red parts are overlays programmed into the game. They cannot be removed. If t\you make blue barriers they come out Purple.

This means that they only need one texture for both red or white barriers. The game overlays the red colour when needed. I believe it's an optimisation technique, or maybe just cutting corners, idk.

This causes wierd flickering of the barriers when viewed at certain angles. (been reported elsewhere) For example, travelling down the Fern Bay bridge towards the left hander that goes down the s-bends. Can't get a screenie I'm at the office.

Personally I want the red overlay removed and let the texture decide the colour. I realise it would be annoying for Scawen to have change such things to.

What i meant, but worded 100% better!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG