The online racing simulator
Filefront closing
(42 posts, started )
Filefront closing
http://farewell.filefront.com/

Quote :Dear FileFront User:

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.

We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.

Keep gaming alive,

FileFront Management and Team.

Well, another good hosting website for videos and such lost. Meh.
oh man Again good DL site lost
#3 - Buzzn
OO no have to do some downloading then
Damnit, That sucks man! Now I can't download all my mods and tools.
I can't believe this is happening :jawdrop:
It was a crappy, bad loading website anyway.. there are enough alternatives for uploading video's.. (youtube, googlevideo, gametrailers, vimeo, lfsmovies, etc.)..

But, it's still a bad thing to see another victim of the financial crap going on lately..
I hear people talking about how crappy file front is, but I have seen little alternates in the past. Now that File Front "really sucks," where are we going to upload now?
Quote from Sponge :It was a crappy, bad loading website anyway.. there are enough alternatives for uploading video's.. (youtube, googlevideo, gametrailers, vimeo, lfsmovies, etc.)..

But, it's still a bad thing to see another victim of the financial crap going on lately..

Most people use it for "FILE HOSTING" not videos...
On topic
Now where will i store all my stuff if my computer crashes :S
Quote from BigTime :I hear people talking about how crappy file front is, but I have seen little alternates in the past. Now that File Front "really sucks," where are we going to upload now?

Quote from l1k3z0mg :Most people use it for "FILE HOSTING" not videos...
On topic
Now where will i store all my stuff if my computer crashes :S

Own hosting? or a external harddrive? :P
Quote from BigTime :I hear people talking about how crappy file front is, but I have seen little alternates in the past. Now that File Front "really sucks," where are we going to upload now?

Rapidshare might not be the fastest for download, but it's damn quick for uploading stuff tho!

MegaUpload rocks for download speed.
Mediafire if it's <100mb
Never used Front file, don't miss it. Megaupload has no limits in count of downloading files and nice download speed + upload same and one file can be 1GB.
Since it has almost never worked for me, i will not miss it too. There's more better file hosting out there.

Bye Failfront.
Ouch... Every video I've made is there, and every video I've made will now have dead links in its threads.

So... what now? Might have to do some string-pulling, or shell out some cash.
I liked FileFront and will miss it because:
  • It was free with very little advertising for what you got
  • Ability to manage files in a folder structure in your own free account
  • It always worked
  • It was easily accessible
  • Unlimited bandwidth (as in unlimited downloads/uploads)
  • Files would not expire like on most other hosting sites
  • Upload/Download speed was reasonable enough for me
  • Didn't have to type in a captcha every flipping page I visited
  • DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT 59 SECONDS TO GET SOMETHING
It was freaking awesome value IMO.

Does anything else out there cover most of this? Especially the no-bandwidth-limit / no-expire lifetime of files.
Quote from JasonJ :
Does anything else out there cover most of this? Especially the no-bandwidth-limit / no-expire lifetime of files.

Mediafire IIRC
ok cool thnx. I'll give it a go.

E: Hey that's some pretty nice features. Seriously, thanks for the link.

And thanks to Knight_Atack for the heads up on filefront closure.
imo filefront was the best, it always worked and there were no sh*tty loading times like on rapidshare, so its a big loss.
Ooh shizzle, same for me. I used to download my mod kind of stuff in there. Alot of modding sites are going down too, like www.sof2files.com wich is under filefront. There are alot of them - anyways, farewell
Quote from kid222 :since it has almost never worked for me, i will not miss it too. There's more better file hosting out there.

Bye failfront.

+1
FFS... Deko just had to upload EVERY SINGLE NDR-RELATED FILE EVER to Filefront, didn't he?

And as usual, it will be my responsibility to download every single one and reupload them elsewhere
meh...it was slow :P

Filefront closing
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG