The online racing simulator
Where can I get a new PS2 for a good price?
(29 posts, started )
hi all! I'm looking into getting a silver slimline PS2 (new). I've looked around on a few sites but they're all £90 or above so could anyone tell me if I can find a bargain somehwere? thanks.
#2 - Jakg
PC World / Curry's are £50 iirc.
why ?
Get a 60 gig ps3 off ebay for 250 Quid , i got mine for that
Lol, the PS2 is pre-historic.
The guy wants a PS2, end of...

Perhaps for a similar reason me and a friend went out a bought PSX's last year, plus a link up cable, and 2 copies of DOOM. DOOM was awesome over link up back in the day, and it hasn't lost it either...
DOOM FTW!!!! loved it , still got my copy from ps1
Haha, i got a ps1 and gameboy colour still Haha
I got my GF a PS2 for christmas (she asked for it ok!) and its been 10X more fun than my brothers PS3 which i think is only good for heating the house in winter. PS2 cost me about £60 and no way in hell would i pay any more for that!
I went out and bought a ps1 a while back, I seem to remember getting 2 from a carboot sale with all the leads, controllers etc for £10, so I dug out my copy of Driver 1 and GTA II and played them

Nothing beats an N64 though, still got my old one up in my parent's bedroom - Goldeneye, Super Mario 64 and Pokemon Stadium...those were the days
GAME in UK sell brand new PS2's for £34.99. With a controller and 1 game i think.
lol I'll give you my old PS2, I haven't touched it in years
Ebay would be a good place to start looking.
Quote from trebor901 :GAME in UK sell brand new PS2's for £34.99. With a controller and 1 game i think.

are you sure brand new? I've contacted game and they said they're selling preowned PS2s for 30 and 40 for the slimline edition.

Before anyone thinks I'm a snob or a ponce, the reason why I'm looking for a new one is because of its life. I don't want to be playing it and one year down the line, it dies. That said, there is, of course, always the possibility that it could have a manufacturing defect but thats much more less likely and if it would, thats why I'd feel more comfortable buying it retail as I'm sure they'd replace if it did have any.

During the PS2 Vs. Xbox war, I did go for the Xbox and I still think its a better console but after playing metal gear solid 2 on the xbox, I've been more than eager to play the first game and 3rd and I'm also very interested in the Tekken series and Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, not to forget to mention, GT4, all of which cannot be played on PS3, thanks to Sony's removal of the PS2 GPU which had 93% compatibility for PS2 which I would've been more than happy with but of course, how could they keep making money without still selling their PS2s. I may just revert to buying a used PS2 as when I calculated all the games I want to get and controller, the whole package came out at around £80 which isn't bad for a console, 2 controllers and 5 games but if anyone knows where I can get a new one for between £0.01 - £70.00, I'd really appreciate it.
Quote from dan12s :Haha, gameboy colour still Haha

I think i have Gameboy Pocket somewhere here
Thinking of buying XBOX360 though since i have Nintendo Wii
lol the is a sinclair spectrum, mega drive and a game gear kicking about out house along with a 'fat' ps2 and the ps3 plus a wii and yes they all still get played on, olympics on the spectrum is hilarious
I had a Sega dreamcast and hated the PS2.....

until i realised the Sega was awfull and got a PS2

nothing and i mean nothing beats the Shenmue series on Dreamcast though... wow

SNES FTW! Soooo many awesome and fun games. <3
Lads, its nice to remember the old days and live up to the nostalgia but can we please stay on topic?
#19 - JJ72
Quote from jwardy :why ?
Get a 60 gig ps3 off ebay for 250 Quid , i got mine for that

because PS2 actually got games with it? good games too.
#20 - Jakg
60 GB one plays PS2 games, too, though...
Quote from whitey6272 :I had a Sega dreamcast and hated the PS2.....

until i realised the Sega was awfull and got a PS2

nothing and i mean nothing beats the Shenmue series on Dreamcast though... wow

omg Shenmue.. I ****ing loved that game. I played through both of them as much as I could doing all the side-quests. Shame they stopped doing 3 and 4.
If you*ve got enough money to buy the 80er PS3, buy it.
It can play PS2 games afaik..and dont forget the PS3 games! xP
Ok, here comes the awkward bit... I actually have an 80 GB PS3 but from what I've read on the net and manual, it isn't PS2 compatible. That said, I haven't tried it myself so I might just try to see. Would be damn handy if it worked. I did briefly consider selling my PS3 and getting 60 GB version but it seems a bunch of people on eBay caught on about the whole PS2 compatibility thing so they're selling for like £600-£700 which means I'd be much better off keeping my PS3 and getting a PS2.

Why oh why did they have to take out the PS2 GPU. Just pure bullshit!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :omg Shenmue.. I ****ing loved that game. I played through both of them as much as I could doing all the side-quests. Shame they stopped doing 3 and 4.

Mate its been like what 8 years now but i still think about the pure awesomeness of when i got my xbox for christmas an put shenmue on.... and then had probably the best hours of gaming of my life and then years later walking into a lame back street game shop and finding a copy of shenmue 2 hidden on the shelves... i nearly spunked...( i didnt even know it had been released it was that dead...), it wasnt even translated it because they had to get it out in the stores before the dreamcast went tits up...

it was amazing......

Quote from Leprekaun :Ok, here comes the awkward bit... I actually have an 80 GB PS3 but from what I've read on the net and manual, it isn't PS2 compatible. That said, I haven't tried it myself so I might just try to see. Would be damn handy if it worked. I did briefly consider selling my PS3 and getting 60 GB version but it seems a bunch of people on eBay caught on about the whole PS2 compatibility thing so they're selling for like £600-£700 which means I'd be much better off keeping my PS3 and getting a PS2.

Yeah i think your probably right, there was a big upraw because the PAL versions of the PS3 didnt play PS2 games but they charged us shit loads more than the US version which did play ps2 games... or something along those lines...
Quote from Leprekaun :Ok, here comes the awkward bit... I actually have an 80 GB PS3 but from what I've read on the net and manual, it isn't PS2 compatible. That said, I haven't tried it myself so I might just try to see. Would be damn handy if it worked. I did briefly consider selling my PS3 and getting 60 GB version but it seems a bunch of people on eBay caught on about the whole PS2 compatibility thing so they're selling for like £600-£700 which means I'd be much better off keeping my PS3 and getting a PS2.

Seems like you are right...Sorry about being wrong then.

Sony can be annoying someimtes....

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG