The online racing simulator
Where can I get a new PS2 for a good price?
(29 posts, started )
So I rented F1 05 and no, it doesn't work so will have to revert back to the original plan of getting a PS2. So to reiterate my question, where can I find a new PS2 for a good price?

@Jakg: I've looked on the PC World and Currys websites and they don't seem to be selling them anymore. I'm guessing that they were selling them for 50 as part of a clearance sale.

@S14 Drift: I read from a credible source that Yu Suzuki said that the shenmue story is fully written from beginning to end. The only reason why Shenmue 3 and 4 are being delayed is because he wants to ensure that he can strike a deal with one of the console manufacturers (I guess Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo) that both games come out on at least one console which is a great idea to keep us happy that we'll get to play to the end of the story without having doubts about Shenmue 4 but the downside of course is that it seems to be taking a while to set.
I hope he releases it for PC - TBH it would work better that way and the control system.. ehh I can't wait.
Quote from Leprekaun :are you sure brand new? I've contacted game and they said they're selling preowned PS2s for 30 and 40 for the slimline edition.

Before anyone thinks I'm a snob or a ponce, the reason why I'm looking for a new one is because of its life. I don't want to be playing it and one year down the line, it dies. That said, there is, of course, always the possibility that it could have a manufacturing defect but thats much more less likely and if it would, thats why I'd feel more comfortable buying it retail as I'm sure they'd replace if it did have any.

During the PS2 Vs. Xbox war, I did go for the Xbox and I still think its a better console but after playing metal gear solid 2 on the xbox, I've been more than eager to play the first game and 3rd and I'm also very interested in the Tekken series and Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, not to forget to mention, GT4, all of which cannot be played on PS3, thanks to Sony's removal of the PS2 GPU which had 93% compatibility for PS2 which I would've been more than happy with but of course, how could they keep making money without still selling their PS2s. I may just revert to buying a used PS2 as when I calculated all the games I want to get and controller, the whole package came out at around £80 which isn't bad for a console, 2 controllers and 5 games but if anyone knows where I can get a new one for between £0.01 - £70.00, I'd really appreciate it.

If you wouldn't mind old, I'll give you mine if my mum lets me. And some games. Sadly its the big black brick, but with two memory cards and a few games, would it be that bad?

Where can I get a new PS2 for a good price?
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG