The online racing simulator
LFS Hosting
(9 posts, started )
#1 - FSoft
LFS Hosting
Hi, sorry for english: it isn't my native language

If I have a website hosted on a free server (like this), can I run LFS from that server?

I tried to upload LFS Dedicated Server, the problem is I don't know how to run the application ...

Is there a PHP script or something that?

Bye!
no thats impossible.

you only can run a lfs dedicated server (lfs host)
if you have a Dedicated server,

you are probely only renting a host space and bandwidth.
i am affrate you cant host on that.
#3 - FSoft
OK, and is there a FREE LFS Host?

I would host my LFS only for fun, I don't want to pay.
Theres no Free LFS host except yourself
#5 - FSoft

Yes, but I don't uderstand why there are many many users that pay to host LFS?

They get no profits. The guest play FREE on their server, and they PAY to host them???
Well in a nutshell yes.

It's a hobby like any other to play lfs. Thus spending money on getting a server is perfectly justified. Also many people team up with other like minded peeps and share the costs.
Quote from FSoft :

Yes, but I don't uderstand why there are many many users that pay to host LFS?

They get no profits. The guest play FREE on their server, and they PAY to host them???

Because that's how a great community works.
Not everyone wants to make money out of everything.
Money should not be the essence of life
i have an old computer witch runs a dedicated server when i want to
just run the dedicated server an have it connected to the interned
like now people from my work can practice there because we planed a private race on 7 april
Quote from swingkid :just run the dedicated server an have it connected to the interned

Basically the main issue with self-hosted servers is the upstream bandwidth, at least in our country.

The fastest ADSL connection which is still reasonably affordable offers about 100 kB/s, and that only provides for 15-16 slots IIRC. If you had to upgrade your connection just for LFS, it's probably cheaper to rent an LFS server.

OTOH most LFS servers are empty so this is only a problem if/when your server becomes popular

LFS Hosting
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG