The online racing simulator
Quote from nikka :It seems like "action=hosts" don't return hosts running on patch S and T.

OK, works fine now... didn't have to change anything in my scripts either. Thanks Vic!
mmm ...but "action=pb&racer=..." works with new car/tracks?
no, not yet
hey, what about the car bits?
what exactly are they?
is BF1 the last or between the big GTRs?

in the help file there are only those cars:
XFG = 1
XRG = 2
XRT = 4
RB4 = 8
FXO = 16
LX4 = 32
LX6 = 64
MRT = 128
UF1
RAC
FZ5
FOX
XFR
UFX
FO8
FXR
XRR
FZR
BF1

i really don't remember how it continues!

/EDIT: got it
looking onto LFSW helps hehehe
Payment by Credit-card only...
I would like to pay some money for the non-tarpitted stats.
But I don't have a credit-card.

Why don't You accept PayPal, what I used already to purchase the game???
Wouldn't be PayPal the easiest for those very small money-transactions?

Greetz
Sven
just make a manual paypal transfer to us for the moment.
Oh, great! I will do it in a minute...

...done
Is there chance to get race stat if raceID is known? I didnt find anything in get_stat2_1.2.txt
XML would be great with as much info as possible
Join Link
I am having trouble getting a join link to work where thehost has a double quote in the name. I am using ASP, can anyone help giude me to a solution?

<a href="lfs://|<%=replace(ol_srvr_nc, " ", "%20", 1, -1, 1)%>|0|s2|/">Join</a>

Stats for ASP
Quote from abz1 :Alot of people here using PHP for those of you who are using ASP I created this ASP file and you are more then welcome to use it on your own site.

Brillant just what I have been looking for, thanks.
Quote from bdshan :I am having trouble getting a join link to work where thehost has a double quote in the name. I am using ASP, can anyone help giude me to a solution?

<a href="lfs://|<%=replace(ol_srvr_nc, " ", "%20", 1, -1, 1)%>|0|s2|/">Join</a>

If I'm following, all you need to do is replace " with "". Standard ASP "escaping".
Hello world,
i would be verry interested in having the abilitie to retrieve the online pb of several users in just one query instead on severals one,
IE : http://www.lfsworld.net/pubsta ... &action=pb&racer=[usr1,usr2,usr3......]

Do you think this is possible ?
Quote from P2M-Unixseb :Hello world,
i would be verry interested in having the abilitie to retrieve the online pb of several users in just one query instead on severals one,
IE : http://www.lfsworld.net/pubsta ... &action=pb&racer=[usr1,usr2,usr3......]

Do you think this is possible ?

No. It's been asked before. However, you can pay for the premium service and get multiple pbs without the tarpit affecting you. It's best to do it in a script which doesn't render data to an end user though else they'll be faced with an apparently slow loading page.
thx for replying,
i did my script with a sleep(5) after each loop, not marvelous but working
you can see it result here
Quote from P2M-Unixseb :thx for replying,

Nice script, though you might want to consider caching?
Quote from P2M-Unixseb :thx for replying,

nice one...
Quote :
Nice script, though you might want to consider caching?

yep, next step is to run the script once or twice a day and store the results in a mysql db, so end users won't have to wait anymore, i don't really need the real time part
Flat file is the best way if you ask me. That is how I do it at least. I infact have two flat files, one file has the seconds past unix epoch in it my system read that file and and askes if it is 300 seconds past last update. 300 seconds is equal to 5 minutes. if it is, then it sets the variable $file to the lfsworld URL that I would like to get the information from. If is is not past 300 seconds then $file points to the cache. It then reads the file ( or the information from LFSWorld ) and places that information into another generic variable called $data. The data is then parsed by my parse_ssv function. SSV is Space Separated Value. It returns an array and is ready for use.
Quote from Dygear :Flat file is the best way if you ask me. That is how I do it at least. I infact have two flat files, one file has the seconds past unix epoch in it my system read that file and and askes if it is 300 seconds past last update. 300 seconds is equal to 5 minutes. if it is, then it sets the variable $file to the lfsworld URL that I would like to get the information from. If is is not past 300 seconds then $file points to the cache. It then reads the file ( or the information from LFSWorld ) and places that information into another generic variable called $data. The data is then parsed by my parse_ssv function. SSV is Space Separated Value. It returns an array and is ready for use.

Why use two files when you could just use filemtime on the cache file? illepall

If it is a simple display of details then flat file should suffice, but if you want to start comparing stuff you are better off investing time in making it an sql cache because it will save you writing your own comparison engine in your language of choice.
Quote from Anarchi-H :Why use two files when you could just use filemtime on the cache file? illepall

If it is a simple display of details then flat file should suffice, but if you want to start comparing stuff you are better off investing time in making it an sql cache because it will save you writing your own comparison engine in your language of choice.

Good question. Some servers are so locked down they don't allow for PHP to read that variable. I know it seems odd that they would not allow for it, but that is the way it is.
Quote from Dygear :Good question. Some servers are so locked down they don't allow for PHP to read that variable. I know it seems odd that they would not allow for it, but that is the way it is.

Sounds like the inappropriately named php "safe mode" is to blame. When this is in effect, unless you "own" the file / directory, php won't read it. [un]fortunately theres no way (without code hacking) to remove restrict individual functions.

As an aside, there was / is discussion regarding safe mode being removed completely in php 6

The alternative is that the relevant base functions may not be available (i.e. sys/stat.h). I'm not sure what php's build does when a library isn't available (as I've never come across this), but sods law says it would probably just be defined but return some arbitrary value.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Sounds like the inappropriately named php "safe mode" is to blame. When this is in effect, unless you "own" the file / directory, php won't read it. [un]fortunately theres no way (without code hacking) to remove restrict individual functions.

If this is the case, simply set the cache folder to writable by PHP, and have PHP create the cache file (which I should imagine it does anyway), then it will be owned by PHP and therefore stat-able by php.... unless the server config is totally backwards of course
I had that problem with my first version of the server search which was hosted on f2s.

I can't say I've ever come across a server that has had filemtime put on the blacklist, but I guess that could be possible too.
Sadly that assumes that the credentials that php runs under has write access something which I've considering denying on certain personal servers and other projects. Certainly worth trying though
True... never considered anything that restricted before, but then PHP wouldn't be able to update a file either, hence making a file or sqlite based cache totally impossible on such a restrictive setup.

Unless of course you mangled up some kind of system to have read only directories, but writable files. Still, alot of work, for what?

I know if my host was that restrictive I'd have chucked them a long time ago :-p
Hmm, never said it was a hosting service I'd probably be with you, and leave if I was subjected to those conditions. But its surprising that people still put up with safe mode; its a bit of a munge, and isnt really "safe". I guess what I;m trying to say is that people will put up with almost anything as long as you make the explanation as to why, sound reasonable (see any sales [wo]man ).

Commentary on the "getstat" LFS World script
(358 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG