The online racing simulator
Round 2: Drivers' Meeting
1. Weather. There will be no wind, as the forecast for Kyoto suggests 4-6mph winds tomorrow. As stated in the schedule, we will be using Cloudy Morning lighting.

2. Layout. There will be a layout. It is a simple one, with objects added only at pit exit and entry. Teams will enter the pits exiting the final non-oval turn, and will have to remain on the track apron throughout the oval turn. Pit speed limit is, of course, only enforced between the actual pit entry and exit lines. Exiting the pits, teams must stay on the apron throughout the first oval turn, as indicated by the pylons.

3. Start and restarts. As usual, look for the green "starting zone" pylons. The race marshals will start the race somewhere in this zone. Since the "straightaway" on Kyoto National is huge, there's no concern over getting the entire field on the straight before throwing the green. Form up nice and even and wait for the message.

4. Rules changes. We have made one significant change to the rules following round 1: instead of a 75% rule, we will now have an 80% rule. This is to avoid potential issues surrounding one driver running three stints and the second driver running one stint. It gives a little room for error on calculating the time each driver has spent in the car. We will be using the 80% limit as calculated by the tracker, with no stated time limit (as we had used 3 hours before, in place of 75%). 80% of 4 hours is 192 minutes, or 3 hours and 12 minutes, but teams should plan to be significantly under this limit in order to avoid any overage--remember that the percentage the tracker calculates doesn't always line up with the time a driver has driven, due to SC laps and other variables.

5. Safety car periods. The minimum number of SC laps per SC period for this race will be two.

6. Restarts. Please bear rule G2 in mind if you find yourself leading the field to the restart. In round 1 we saw the leaders routinely flooring the gas as soon as the SC was out of the way, leaving the field extremely strung out, especially at the back. The rule states that the leader should "begin to gradually accelerate" when the SC pulls off. You should not go wide-open throttle until the green flag is given.

Thanks, and have fun!
-IGTC Admin Team
Attached files
KY2_IGTC09.lyt - 1.3 KB - 176 views
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

4. Rules changes. We have made one significant change to the rules following round 1: instead of a 75% rule, we will now have an 80% rule. This is to avoid potential issues surrounding one driver running three stints and the second driver running one stint. It gives a little room for error on calculating the time each driver has spent in the car. We will be using the 80% limit as calculated by the tracker, with no stated time limit (as we had used 3 hours before, in place of 75%). 80% of 4 hours is 192 minutes, or 3 hours and 12 minutes, but teams should plan to be significantly under this limit in order to avoid any overage--remember that the percentage the tracker calculates doesn't always line up with the time a driver has driven, due to SC laps and other variables.

What's the reasoning for this? An error is an error, why do you have to change this rule?
Quote from PMD9409 :What's the reasoning for this? An error is an error, why do you have to change this rule?

The reason for the rule is more to ensure that each driver does at least a stints worth of laps. Changing this rule still ensures this but also removes the chances of error, because it's no fun penalising people .
Quote from BenjiMC :The reason for the rule is more to ensure that each driver does at least a stints worth of laps. Changing this rule still ensures this but also removes the chances of error, because it's no fun penalising people .

Sadly I thought that would be the answer. Not a real fan of it.
No layout this time?????

Regards
Franke... Click
#6 - Gil07
Quote from DeadWolfBones :2. Layout. There will be a layout. It is a simple one, with objects added only at pit exit and entry. Teams will enter the pits exiting the final non-oval turn, and will have to remain on the track apron throughout the oval turn. Pit speed limit is, of course, only enforced between the actual pit entry and exit lines. Exiting the pits, teams must stay on the apron throughout the first oval turn, as indicated by the pylons

Looks like you´ll be using the MoE tracker again, right ?

TDRT name is misspelled : R. Schlieker it is, not R.Schleiker.
Quote from Franke :No layout this time?????

I did se there was supposed to be a layout, but it was not on IGTC server, and couldn't find it here... I got it now thanks...

Regards
Franke... Click
Quote from R.Kolz :Looks like you´ll be using the MoE tracker again, right ?

it'll be up but using the igtc one primarily.

www.lfsigtc.net/tracker/
Just being trying the layout. Is it possible to have the custom exit after the oval more clearly marked? (larger sign at the very end / line or something)
update here, think i added that stuff.
Attached files
KY2_IGTC09.lyt - 1.3 KB - 181 views
Drivers, the password is the same as last race. We will continue to use this password unless you are otherwise notified.

If you've forgotten the password or deleted the original PM, please PM me here or on IRC, or use my MSN to contact me.

Thanks!
Quote from BenjiMC :update here, think i added that stuff.

It was this one, I would like to be bigger/more colorful/whatever because it would make it clearer to see where to come off the lane / where people are allowed in track again. I dont see that well, im sorry.
Attached images
marker.jpg
Quote from R.Kolz :Looks like you´ll be using the MoE tracker again, right ?

Fixed this, and after some technical difficulties with the IGTC tracker we will be using the MoE one after all.

http://www.mastersofendurance.eu/tracker/
Quote from Megin :we are there as Indie Slovak eRacing Team

if there is not enougf room for whole team nape pls change it:

Ind. Slovak eRacing Team

thx a lot

Done.
Where can we make a protest?!
We are last lead car #15 Warbirds team so how cars ahead would know to let us go there will be no blue flag shown.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG