The online racing simulator
Are you saying that I'm pretty close to alien? And that Zeug is too? lol. I'm flattered :P.
#27 - CSF
No he isn't.
#29 - CSF
Poor Taha.
It's the top 10, so apparently Tim is an alien, and I'm nearly an alien.
Quote from BigTime :
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpimp
are you saying that i'm pretty close to alien? And that zeug is too? Lol. I'm flattered .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime
All of them should be pretty close to alien.

Being pretty close is good enough for now, I'll get there some day :P.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Totaly agreed this should not become A alien only leage that would be a great shame.
It would be unfair for drivers who are les skilled and thats not good for racing.

But I know its the alstar cup but there is stil skil difrence

You realize that the All-Star Cup is for those more skilled in Head-to-Head: Racing? I'm not saying they are all aliens, with myself on the verge of being invited, but this isn't a "league" it is only a one day cup where we do several combos. This is meant to be what those racing in Head-to-Head look up to. Head-to-Head as a league will always remain for everyone, at any skill level. This last season we had more participants than we knew what we could do with and it was too late to change rules to handle it. The next time Head-to-Head comes around there will be changes in place.
However you guys decide on how to run it, I look forward to racing if I get the opportunity. It sounds great.
Quote from blackbird04217 :You realize that the All-Star Cup is for those more skilled in Head-to-Head: Racing? I'm not saying they are all aliens, with myself on the verge of being invited, but this isn't a "league" it is only a one day cup where we do several combos. This is meant to be what those racing in Head-to-Head look up to. Head-to-Head as a league will always remain for everyone, at any skill level. This last season we had more participants than we knew what we could do with and it was too late to change rules to handle it. The next time Head-to-Head comes around there will be changes in place.

yes i do but there is stil those who like to practice a bit am i wrong?
Quote from evilpimp : Being pretty close is good enough for now, I'll get there some day :P.

You guys have been improving nicely.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :yes i do but there is stil those who like to practice a bit am i wrong?

If you've been reading my posts back up where we discussed random combos announced the day of, you will notice that I do not want people to go in without their normal practice habits. Anyways, as Dave said, how ever its run people who are invited will hopefully find it very joyful and those watching the stream will hopefully find it spectacular.

@Mista, I remember a time when I could keep up with you. I may need to resort to PIT maneuvers or something now-a-days.
Quote from blackbird04217 :If you've been reading my posts back up where we discussed random combos announced the day of, you will notice that I do not want people to go in without their normal practice habits. Anyways, as Dave said, how ever its run people who are invited will hopefully find it very joyful and those watching the stream will hopefully find it spectacular.

@Mista, I remember a time when I could keep up with you. I may need to resort to PIT maneuvers or something now-a-days.

Il watch it thats for sure
Any idea on an event date?
Quote from bigtime :any idea on an event date?

Quote from blackbird04217 :Due to the amazing racing we have had during the Winter Series '09 SRS will hold an All-Star Cup soon after the Winter Series, on March 14th, 2009.

Classic!

I haven't sent the invites out yet, but I promise I will by Wednesday. I am quite focused on work at the moment and it needs to stay that way for big plans I have. The date is March 14th, and the racers may not just be the top 10 from this series, although in the future it probably will. There are a few other good names I'd like to invite; who have participated in events in the past. Hope nobody has issues with the selection when it is announced.
Head-to-Head: Winter Series '09 - Allstar Cup

Saturday, March 14th 2009

Day begins at 19:00 UTC. Drivers MUST be on the server at 18:45.

Event 1: LX6 @ AS1R
Event 2: FBM @ SO6
Event 3: UF1 @ FE1R

There will be a 10 to 15 minute break between each event for us to work out the standings. The track will be set directly after each event so you have a few minutes to practice then. There will be only ONE qualifying session with ALL 10 drivers. There will NOT be any warm-up session.

Each event will begin with a 1 lap qualifying session just like Head-to-Head has always has. Since there are 10 drivers, there will be 2 eliminated in qualifying, this will add pressure, and make qualifying more exciting. Remember, the faster qualifying time the better position you get in the first round. The rounds will be: Round1 -> Semi Finals -> Finals, since there are only 8 competitors per event.

We are still trying to get setup to do a live video broadcast. This WILL be an epic event; Invites will be sent shortly.
Thanks for the invite

It's a shame that the combo's have already been raced on, it would have been nice to keep the combos secret and only released a few minutes before warmup. ^^
Quote from niall09 :It's a shame that the combo's have already been raced on, it would have been nice to keep the combos secret and only released a few minutes before warmup. ^^

Yeah, I find that quite demoralizing that we're running on the same combos... At least this way I won't have to practice much, if any, and that's nice factor considering how close together this and the iTCC race are.
Yeah, I was hoping for a mix of classic tried combos and obscure new ones. Still, thanks for the invite, I'm looking forward it.
I chose the same combos because I wanted proven combos and ones from this series, in the future Allstar Cups we will have randomized selections. To be honest I have been quite busy and couldn't decide or test some combos, so I stuck with the proven ones. Sorry not to keep it mixed up, but there will be some good racing anyways.
Thanks for the event, it was very fun.

BTW, I apologize to David if the crash was my fault. I looked at the broadcast, and they said it was my fault, but I always that the person behind should brake, so as I saw I was in front of David a bit, I just tried to go in the corner. Stupid move by me, but that was just because I didn't know I had to let David go past.

But I still want to see the replay, and I want someone to explain which car should of braked etc., so I know it in future.
Damn, this was fun.

And I won one round of the event against Nolan of all people in the final and came 3rd overall.

Couldn't be more happy.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG