The online racing simulator
Head-to-Head: Winter Series '09 - All-Star Cup
Due to the amazing racing we have had during the Winter Series '09 SRS will hold an All-Star Cup soon after the Winter Series, on March 14th, 2009.

This is a one day event, which will be invitation only. 10 champions will compete in a variety of combos; although more information will come. We expect there to be a minimum of 3 combos, and upwards of five; all done in 1 day, back to back with a small break in between each event. There will be no mandatory warm-up session, although there will be 5 minutes between each combo. There will be only one qualifying session for the 10 competitors to make their time in the single hotlap fashion...

We are hoping to have this event broadcasting live; video; and so spectators will be welcome to view; I highly recommend watching! More information will come with time, but start subscribing to this thread to be updated.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Due to the amazing racing we have had during the Winter Series '09 SRS will hold an All-Star Cup soon after the Winter Series, sometime in the beginning of March 2009.

This is a one day event, which will be invitation only. 8 (or 10) champions will compete in a variety of combos; although more information will come. We expect there to be a minimum of 3 combos, and upwards of five; all done in 1 day, back to back with a small break in between each event. There will be no mandatory warm-up session, although there will be 5 minutes between each combo. There will be only one qualifying session for the 8 (or 10) competitors to make their time in the single hotlap fashion...

We are hoping to have this event broadcasting live; video; and so spectators will be welcome to view; I highly recommend watching! More information will come with time, but start subscribing to this thread to be updated.

This wil be for the top 10 guys of the head to jhead series becaus that kind of counts me out.
Since my head 2 head result sare nothing to be proud of TBH i actualy sometimes get ashemed of it but whatever.

I was just thinking maybe i could participate since ive beighn in almost every head 2 head event since the series was born
Yes, Chris this is for the 10 best / fastest drivers; but please watch the live stream we plan to get going for it. That is what will make this event so special, it will be broadcasted live for all to watch, and it will certainly be worth watching.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Yes, Chris this is for the 10 best / fastest drivers; but please watch the live stream we plan to get going for it. That is what will make this event so special, it will be broadcasted live for all to watch, and it will certainly be worth watching.

It will be so fun! Im 4th at the moment (if Im right), so I will gladely take part if Im allowed
Omg its so close between me, you and Dave for 4th lol. This should be fun, seems interusting.
This could be an interesting event. If I get to all races, and keep my place in TOP 10, then I will try to get there.
Date has been announced. March 14th. I am trying to decide if the time should be 19:00 utc, (normal Head-to-Head race time), or 18:00utc which is an hour earlier to compensate for the slightly longer event day.

Also announced there will be 10 people invited, which will make the qualifying more pressured, as 2 people will be eliminated each time. This is invite only; and although it may include the Top 10 of the Winter Series, it is up to us to decide who gets invited.
Will the chosen people be told the combo? Or will it be blind, in that nobody knows? I ihnk that would be best
They will be told as soon as we know what the combos are and when we get the invitation list.
Quote from blackbird04217 :They will be told as soon as we know what the combos are and when we get the invitation list.

Have you considered keeping those combos secret? Might be a nice twist if no-one knew where to practice...
Agree.^ or then post the combo at the last moment, last hour or last day...So then nobody will have so much time to practice. I think if you won't have any practice at all, then the event might turn out worse than people are expecting. For ex. too many crashes, no fight between the racers etc. But that's just mine opinion.
+1 for BigTime, we once had similar league, where only car was announced, two weeks before next race and track was revealed only two hours before race itself. Much more fun.
Quote from niall09 :Will the chosen people be told the combo? Or will it be blind, in that nobody knows? I ihnk that would be best

Quote from BigTime :Have you considered keeping those combos secret? Might be a nice twist if no-one knew where to practice...

I agree
Just a thought, maybe use a Rally SS/ROC style layout for one of the rounds, u know on AX with jumps and two separate tracks and things?

Although that's kinda not two people directly racing each other
Quote from Kid222 :+1 for BigTime, we once had similar league, where only car was announced, two weeks before next race and track was revealed only two hours before race itself. Much more fun.

How much time did you give them to practice. I was thinking of something around 20 minutes...
I'm sorry I don't agree with the surprise. Although a few of the drivers would be fine with the surprise, if any of the admin staff were in they could be then claimed to have known the combo and been able to practice when the others have not; we've thought of that in the past. However, thats not the real issue. As I said, some people are able to hop in a car, do 10 minutes of practice and be within 101% of the WR or closer, whereas others have to work and work and then get it. I want the AllStar Cup to have a lot of extremely good racing, and thus will state the combos;

Thanks for the input though, I am kinda surprised at the interest on "random" combos even if I am against it.
Quote from BigTime :How much time did you give them to practice. I was thinking of something around 20 minutes...

I was just taking it as an example. But reading the post above, it doesn't matter anymore.
Still i think it will be very interresting event.
Quote from blackbird04217 :I'm sorry I don't agree with the surprise. Although a few of the drivers would be fine with the surprise, if any of the admin staff were in they could be then claimed to have known the combo and been able to practice when the others have not; we've thought of that in the past. However, thats not the real issue. As I said, some people are able to hop in a car, do 10 minutes of practice and be within 101% of the WR or closer, whereas others have to work and work and then get it. I want the AllStar Cup to have a lot of extremely good racing, and thus will state the combos;

Thanks for the input though, I am kinda surprised at the interest on "random" combos even if I am against it.

If you just keep the combo for yourself whats the problem then, then you can only blame yourself is you tell it to someone

it would make this cup 1000 times better imo no prac just go its about best driver right not the guy with most time / prac
:iagree:
Its already the best "drivers". For the most part, from what I've noticed the top 4 in the championship practice on the day of the event and thats it. those within the top 10 practice and practice to get in the top 10.

Quote from Rudy van Buren :If you just keep the combo for yourself whats the problem then, then you can only blame yourself is you tell it to someone

I don't get the relevance? If I am in the AllStar Cup it would be claimed that I knew and was able to practice the combo's when everyone else couldn't; same with the other Head-to-Head: Admins if they were to get in - regardless if they actually knew them or not, they are on the admin staff and fingers have the possibility of being pointed and the only thing we have is our honesty; which should be enough but try telling society that.

With random events and minimal practice it would show the user who knew the LFS engine the best; and the guy who usually got to practice would fail and make a fool of themselves because they didn't get their normal practice time. I may add 1 'finale' race to the AllStar Cup which will be a random track combo, and only the top 4 of the AllStar Cup get in to compete in the bonus round; which will prove of the top 4 who got the luck in their better combo.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :it would make this cup 1000 times better imo no prac just go its about best driver right not the guy with most time / prac

Quote from BigTime ::iagree:

You are aliens, it's easy for you to say that. There are also people who need at least 100 laps of practice on a combo to be even anywhere near the WR.

No practice would make this league more boring, IMO since the gap between the aliens and the other drivers would be even bigger and therefore there would be less or no surprises at all.
Quote from zeugnimod :You are aliens, it's easy for you to say that. There are also people who need at least 100 laps of practice on a combo to be even anywhere near the WR.

No practice would make this league more boring, IMO since the gap between the aliens and the other drivers would be even bigger and therefore there would be less or no surprises at all.

Totaly agreed this should not become A alien only leage that would be a great shame.
It would be unfair for drivers who are les skilled and thats not good for racing.

But I know its the alstar cup but there is stil skil difrence
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Totaly agreed this should not become A alien only leage that would be a great shame.

This is a top 8, one time event... All of them should be pretty close to alien.
Quote from BigTime :This is a top 8, one time event... All of them should be pretty close to alien.

I'm currently 6th and aiming to get 5th in the championship after the last event.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG