The online racing simulator
Bring back the points system
(23 posts, started )
I think it would be wise and fun if the DEV's reintegrated the points system where with so many points you unlock better cars , but make it so that you cant cheat the system where you race the AI to gain more points. Like in S1 where it was possible to give the AI a terrible setup and set the dificulty to Hard so you can gain points real fast.

Also with the points system you gain licences at a certain ammount of points where you can join specific servers with the licence qualifaction you gained. That way people just starting to join LFS wont be overwhelmed by faster drivers and cars they cant handle yet.

This would give the player a goal to reach and also it would add an extra fun factor to the game.

I know everybody that joins LFS for the first time wont be a newbie but this system wuld help a bit. I am sure some of you wont agree with this suggestion but it is just my opinion.
Quote from steve30x :I think it would be wise and fun if the DEV's reintegrated the points system where with so many points you unlock better cars , but make it so that you cant cheat the system where you race the AI to gain more points. Like in S1 where it was possible to give the AI a terrible setup and set the dificulty to Hard so you can gain points real fast.

Also with the points system you gain licences at a certain ammount of points where you can join specific servers with the licence qualifaction you gained. That way people just starting to join LFS wont be overwhelmed by faster drivers and cars they cant handle yet.

This would give the player a goal to reach and also it would add an extra fun factor to the game.

I know everybody that joins LFS for the first time wont be a newbie but this system wuld help a bit. I am sure some of you wont agree with this suggestion but it is just my opinion.

Dude, there are memory editors. I once set me over 9000 points
No!

But... maybe like Cruise Servers, enough money ---> unlock cars
with point system will not work, but perhaps if making a league:

League: unlock all cars.

UF 1000 50%|120kg = 0p
UF 1000 25%|100kg = 50p
XF GTi 50% | 75kg = 100p
BMW Sauber F1.06 = 250 000p

1st = 10p
2nd = 8p
3rd = 6p

This would work in league but making the whole LFS like this, No!
Quote from Shadowww :Dude, there are memory editors. I once set me over 9000 points

Not everybody knows how to use memory editors. I would think there would be very few people would bother with memory editors in LFS and those that do would more than likely get caught doing so eventualy.

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :No!

But... maybe like Cruise Servers, enough money ---> unlock cars
with point system will not work, but perhaps if making a league:

League: unlock all cars.

UF 1000 50%|120kg = 0p
UF 1000 25%|100kg = 50p
XF GTi 50% | 75kg = 100p
BMW Sauber F1.06 = 250 000p

1st = 10p
2nd = 8p
3rd = 6p

This would work in league but making the whole LFS like this, No!

Why not?
Quote from steve30x :
Why not?

I mean, Starting a server which is this kind of league and not the whole LFS in my opinion

My opinion only! But...I don't know else?
Thats ok. I just prefer the way LFS S1 was where the cars got unlocked with the more points that was gained. I just asked why because some people post NO! without a simple emplaination as to why they disagree. Its nice to know why they disagree.
Funny, me and Zeug spoke about the point system earlier in a topic today

In my oppinion it should be a system only active when racing online/lan/whatever, that means you would not get any points what so ever if you do not race online.

For example, maxiumum score points (or to the point where distance points kick in) would be at least 12 cars on the grid, then 10 laps, then after more laps you would get some more points, but the overall best choise would be decent sized start grids and 10 lap races..or maybe races that just takes 10 min aprox or something..

There of course are ways to cheat, but if you really want _THAT_ bad to cheat you will manage it either way, but it's the main idea that is the point here.

The points would not be to anything specially, but as a overall rank system on LFSWORLD. It would not be like good old days to unlock new cars, but a ranking system would be great. Could just be a extra stat on your profile on LFSWORD aswell, like at bottom : Online race points , or something similar.
I am against it. For most people it would be just a stupid, tedious and simply unfun grind until you have enough points to drive the car you want.

Now I have nothing against a career mode, if it was solely single player (that way cheaters wouldn't be a problem, as they'd only cheat themselves), or limitied to unofficial private servers as it is now (or was, with ctra...)
Absolutely not.

Who wants to be forced to spend hours grinding in a vehicle you don't like just to be allowed to drive the one you actually want? The world is full of MMOs if you want that kind of thing. Or the cruise servers.

In the future, once the AI is a little more 'I' then a career progression mode might be acceptable but I still think it'd be largely pointless. LFS is designed as a multiplayer game, anything offline is just an extra.
I don't think this'd be a good idea.

My views pretty much coincide with Dajmin's
Try iRacing. It has its own style of a points system.
Quote from Forbin :Try iRacing. It has its own style of a points system.

I racing is too expensive. Also theres no demo for iRacing for me to test. I will pass on that
See the post about the special offer from Radical for a free month.
Quote from The Very End :Funny, me and Zeug spoke about the point system earlier in a topic today

In my oppinion it should be a system only active when racing online/lan/whatever, that means you would not get any points what so ever if you do not race online.

For example, maxiumum score points (or to the point where distance points kick in) would be at least 12 cars on the grid, then 10 laps, then after more laps you would get some more points, but the overall best choise would be decent sized start grids and 10 lap races..or maybe races that just takes 10 min aprox or something..

There of course are ways to cheat, but if you really want _THAT_ bad to cheat you will manage it either way, but it's the main idea that is the point here.

The points would not be to anything specially, but as a overall rank system on LFSWORLD. It would not be like good old days to unlock new cars, but a ranking system would be great. Could just be a extra stat on your profile on LFSWORD aswell, like at bottom : Online race points , or something similar.

Excellent idea! +1, I would suggest that!
Quote from Forbin :See the post about the special offer from Radical for a free month.

Thanks for that. I went to the radical website and applied for the free month. Im just waiting for the code now. I could'nt find the post but googled the free month. I'm still not going to pay €127 to play a game. I could almost buy 4 full PC games at that price.
maybe have a mario kart mode where you pick up gold coins and get bonus points.. and and have a jump button!1121
Quote from Richie Cahill :maybe have a mario kart mode where you pick up gold coins and get bonus points.. and and have a jump button!1121

You joined in 2007, don't even think you have the right to speak, since you never was around while the point system was implented in LFS
IIRC.
Quote from The Very End :You joined in 2007, don't even think you have the right to speak, since you never was around while the point system was implented in LFS
IIRC.

You always tell people when and when not they have a right to speak?
Quote from Richie Cahill :You always tell people when and when not they have a right to speak?

Not allways, but have started with it recently. Because a person who joins 07-08, IMO canot start arguing with people that have been here from 02-03'ish. A good example are the ones that say "oh there is enough contest", while their join date it 08, maybe 07, while us others has been here up to 5 years longer than them. We can ask the same questions when 2013 comes, and see if people still means the same.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :That is without doubt the most arrogant statement i have ever seen on this forum, and is an utterly pathetic, uncalled for response. I could pretend to think it is a failing to grasp the english langauge to any acceptable degree, but even that doesnt account for the implied rudeness of the remark.

GTFO you ant.

Some peopel don't get ironic, jeeezz crybabies lol

But actually, it's some truth in it. People joining 5 years after others canot be on same line as the first ones. Hard thruth, yes, ignorant, yes, right - YES. Many people defend or attacks various stuff in LFS, and much of it is either things they maybe never noticed since they have not been around that much, or, like in this case have never actually tried it.
Again, first of ironic speaking should be catched up by your brain before you go all enraged on keyboard, secondly I stand my case about that newcomers shouldn't make so big fuzz about themself. You can do that in 2013.
Flame me all you want but I would not change my mind.
I can live with that
Alltho, I see your point and saying what I said so blunt is unessesarly offensive, so I'll try again :

What I mean, in this and other threads I have stated in earlier, about joining date. My point here is that us people that have been here for maybe up to 7 years, have seen most sides of LFS on good and bads, the upthings and downthings. What at least I don't like is when people joining 5 years later comes telling that we shouldn't moan about progress in LFS, "allways been slow and blabla" , and then I just want to do facepalm saying "Fu3 monkyshit I'v been here 5 years longer than you lololol" ,but instead I say it sharp and offending, because I do want them to think about it

Actually this was not what this topic is about, nor what we talked about, was more genrall speaking..
Blah, screw me, I am a misserable **** inedeed lol, but one day you'll understand - respect the elder

And to say something that actually is topic, I think that people that votes or gives opinions should have first hand experience with the point system.

Again, hope this either worked as fuel on fire or more understanding.
no need to fully lock, but the host can set the lock point(join allowed & car lock)
TVE, have you gone mad recently? He paid and no matter when he joined, he's entitled to his opinion like everybody else. Additionally, I have been around when the credits-system was in place and it sucked balls.

IMHO leave credits and points to privately owned servers.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG