The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
If You Get JJ's Right (And You're Not A Finn) You Deserve A Medal
#2 - Gil07
I didn't

And LOL at Tiago Monteiro pronouncing his name with a complete English accent...
I did.
I.....failed....
Wow, Ralf Schumacher is boring.

Hamilton, too.
Haha "Will Power".
Interesting that "Jä" works out to "Johan" in english. Never knew that.
They should have got the former NASCAR driver Dick Trickle
!
Driver pronunciation? This is what I NEED!
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Think jj needs to distinguish between pronouncing and spelling ahaha
Quote from titanLS :Interesting that "Jä" works out to "Johan" in english. Never knew that.

Eh? It doesn't. His full name is "Jyrki Juhani Järvilehto".
If a F1 commentator had three wishes, one of them would be that Valtteri Bottas becomes the next Finn in F1.
Anyone notice how Heikki misspronounces his own name

Quote from Kalev EST :Eh? It doesn't. His full name is "Jürki Juhani Järvilehto".

Is your keyborad missing the y letter?
Quote from hyntty :Is your keyborad missing the y letter?

Oops, I wrote it by hearing. I'll correct it.
Quote from Kalev EST :Eh? It doesn't. His full name is "Jyrki Juhani Järvilehto".

That makes more sense... didn't realize he was throwing his middle name in there.
Quote from titanLS :That makes more sense... didn't realize he was throwing his middle name in there.

Yeh he goes by JJ because JJJ would look stupid
Triple J, yo!!
If, through this, I can convince at least one person to pronounce DC's surname 'Cool THard' rather than 'Cool Tard', I'll be happy! Great site, thank you
Quite intersting, gunna have some fun with it.
Kubica and Heidfeld sound really similar on that site.
Quote from hyntty :Anyone notice how Heikki misspronounces his own name

Really? Pardon my ignorance but how so?
Quote from Kalev EST :Eh? It doesn't. His full name is "Jyrki Juhani Järvilehto".

aha ,i was wondering where that Juhani came from.
Got all the others except this guy http://namethatdriver.com/a1-ma.asp
Qing Hua Ma = Ma ching Pa? or that's how i hear it.

edit : nvm ,last and first names were swapped so then it makes some sense
Quote from lizardfolk :Really? Pardon my ignorance but how so?

Oh sorry, I'll explain: Like an englishman he's emphasizing the wrong syllable (the third one; ko-va-lai-nen). Also the space between his first and last name is missing the "end-duplex sound" (don't know what that's really called, i'm no philologist) which basically means there should be a near silent K separating the words

This all adds up to [heɪkk:ɪ] [vʌlʌɪnen]
Attached files
heikki.mp3 - 82.3 KB - 237 views
Quote from hyntty :Oh sorry, I'll explain: Like an englishman he's emphasizing the wrong syllable (the third one; ko-va-lai-nen). Also the space between his first and last name is missing the "end-duplex sound" (don't know what that's really called, i'm no philologist) which basically means there should be a near silent K separating the words

This all adds up to [heɪkk:ɪ] [vʌlʌɪnen]

Could it possibly be related to dialect? Do you have dialects in Finnish?
Every language has dialects. Or at least very many of them

But no, unless Heikki has invented a whole new dialect for himself. And even with that taken into acount it still wouldn't be possible since Finnish dialects differ in words and not pronounciation. All words are pronounced as they are written.

Stress on the first syllable and the ending duplex (or w/e) are two of the main characteristics in Finnish.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG