The online racing simulator
Which server is best for team website?
Hi guys,
which server would be best for team website?

From which I can choose:
  • Apache2 + php5 + mysql5
  • nginx 0.7.39 + php5 + mysql5
AFAIK, Apache is easier to configure, but nginx is faster.

So, which to choose? Both will run on debian dedi server.
I've always used Apache. Like you said, it is a lot easier to install. And I don't really think you notice that nginx is faster.
Apache, its much more full featured, allows for greater flexibility.
Your not running a website that's going to get a trillion hits like google or something like that, so the speed is not important. If it does become an issue then that's a good problem to have and you can simply throw more CPU at it, and you should be able to afford that CPU if you put something simple like adsense on your website. It will cover the cost.
Quote from Dygear :Apache, its much more full featured, allows for greater flexibility.
Your not running a website that's going to get a trillion hits like google or something like that, so the speed is not important. If it does become an issue then that's a good problem to have and you can simply throw more CPU at it, and you should be able to afford that CPU if you put something simple like adsense on your website. It will cover the cost.

Already installed it, now I need to configure it properly
Quote from Shadowww :Debian isn't BSD And I already configured it.

It is BDSM, just like gentoo and arch linux

Sorry, I thought I read DSB.
Or install XAMPP

Apachefriends.com
XAMPP?
1. I use linux
2. I am not completely lame.
@ 2. only a little bit lame or what
Quote from Dygear :(...) and you should be able to afford that CPU if you put something simple like adsense on your website. It will cover the cost.

Lol, the "revenue" you get from adsense is close to nihil. Of course a lot depends on how you use it, but for something like a team website that will likely only get visitors from team members and LFS'ers, I doubt it would really earn you something. Also, they don't pay out until you reach $100. I've had adsense on a site of mine for what... 4 years now? Not sure. My total earnings so far $72,22. People rarely ever click on ads.
Quote from skolekaj :@ 2. only a little bit lame or what

Yeah.
I am too lame to install LFS (Linux from Scratch)
Quote from obsolum :Lol, the "revenue" you get from adsense is close to nihil. Of course a lot depends on how you use it, but for something like a team website that will likely only get visitors from team members and LFS'ers, I doubt it would really earn you something. Also, they don't pay out until you reach $100. I've had adsense on a site of mine for what... 4 years now? Not sure. My total earnings so far $72,22. People rarely ever click on ads.

+1.
I once earned ~$8 in one year, right after that I removed any ad banners
lol debian, the wannabe gentoo.
Quote from bunder9999 :lol debian, the wannabe gentoo.

I don't like BSDM, so I won't try to install gentoo (at least this year).
Quote from obsolum :
Quote from Dygear :(...) and you should be able to afford that CPU if you put something simple like adsense on your website. It will cover the cost.

Lol, the "revenue" you get from adsense is close to nihil. Of course a lot depends on how you use it, but for something like a team website that will likely only get visitors from team members and LFS'ers, [...]

I feel that was quoted out of context, or simply misinterpreted. What I meant was, if you get to the point where APACHE's overhead is the issue then you should be able to afford a faster server at that point to off set the over head issues you encounter.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG