The online racing simulator
Bigace - Help with email activation
(11 posts, started )
#1 - sun
Hello. Please note that I only want help or Tips to help me accomplish this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, There is something called bigace. It is a web developing site, where you can make sites without programming. I use it for people to use at school or around the world. Basically my problem is that when you register it sends you an email to activate your account. I tryed to disable this feature, but it will not work. There is an administrator panel where you can administrate certain things. Here, in the users tab, I looked at this pertically thing. There is an image attachment below. This is what I'm talking about.

Can anyone help me? If you still dont understand, try downloading bigace, and installing it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note, that if this cannot be done. Is there a way to connect to a SMTP server? I may as well tell you, I have a mail server called, " Kerio ". I've had problems trying to use it, but I'm reliable to learn.

Kind Regards,

Owen.

My site, Register, and then you will see the error accur.

http://77.96.133.254:6881/wd/index.php
Attached images
bigace administrate panel.JPG
Ill see if I can find a way. Note: If you cant do it then google "How to connect SMTP servers" The best SMTP server i've used is Mercury Mail, comes in a package with XAMPP

EDIT: Get your facts straight. This isn't a websie where you can make websites without coding. Its a CMS!
#3 - sun
Ok, Thanks.
#4 - amp88
No documentation or support (community even?) provided with this software?
#5 - sun
How can I apply a documentation or support? I cant give admin rights to you. Any suggestions on how I can?
Hmm. Sun. What SMTP software do you use? I can surely help u set it up.
#7 - amp88
Quote from sun :How can I apply a documentation or support? I cant give admin rights to you. Any suggestions on how I can?

I was asking you if there was any documentation or support provided by the people who created this software in the first place...?
#8 - sun
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Hmm. Sun. What SMTP software do you use? I can surely help u set it up.

I use, Kerio Mail Server 6. Thanks, I'm always in msn

Quote from amp88 :I was asking you if there was any documentation or support provided by the people who created this software in the first place...?

Well... Not for Kerio, nor BigAce. I'll try searching later, as for now I need to rest.
Ill see waht i can do later on msn.
Kerio is a commercial product they have support. I've not used Kerio in years so I cant really give much advise on that, but from what I can tell you are setting up your own computer as a server on your own side of a router, are you pointing a domain name and MX record at the router and forward to your LAN IP from there?

Is the BigAce program setup to use Kerio to send emails or is it using the php mail() function? (In which case you may have RDNS issues with some accounts such as aol, hotmail, gmail etc unless you use the -f parameter) and register the server as a legitimate mail source (I dont recall the process, easiest way is to email an aol account and it gives you an error report with instructions to fix).
#11 - sun
Yes. Actually I'm hosting it all on my machine. I had an idea when you said Gmail.You can setup something for a mail server, so if I typed in the etails for the Gmail server, so its like sending an email in code, not manually, then I see why not it should work.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG