The online racing simulator
Montoya F1 @ Imola NO TC!! FTW!
(23 posts, started )
What year was that video recorded?

If it was during the last traction control 'ban' then he definitely will have had traction control. It was only now the standard electronics have come in that there is really a lack of traction control.
2001 i think it was the last race of TC that year (They banned TC at the start of whatever year this vid was) I THINK??!
Ha spookthehamster Just read ur sig! Go Montoya!!!
terrible lap tho

Nice to see the V10 delivering some power rather than the quite frankly pussy V8s we have now
#6 - 5haz
I've been seraching for that vid for a while after seeing it ages ago, thanks.

Remember the top engines around 2001/02 were pushing 900/1000hp, imagine that without TC.
Intrepid, I scrolled down and thought 'When did I post in this thread?!' Where'd you get that avatar pic? I used it a while back, and had it in msn 'till yesterday! Don't become that mentalist in the second series! (Aww, can't find a video with the full scene)

Montoya may not be a great F1 driver, but he certainly is a brilliant driver! Well, to get to F1 you have to be, even the worst ones. A good lap, but what cars! Awesome. I wish I was old enough to fully appreciate it back then, I think I might have gone to silverstone that year. I know I went 2 years later!
Had it for years, downloaded it from F1 MPEG Archive when this was still alive. Put it on the 2001/Imola/Qualifing folder, but I think it was more probably recorded during an FP session. Certainly one of the greatest onboard lap on my HD.
Wow, this is awesome.
positive <3
that was EPIC, I wish F1 raced there.

looks really slippery, perfect drivers circuit.
I want him back in F1.
Quote from zeugnimod :I want him back in F1.

+1. He may have been a complete nutcase, but that and his at times blistering speed made him my fav. F1 driver.
#18 - JJ72
Great vid
Quote from Intrepid :terrible lap tho

Nice to see the V10 delivering some power rather than the quite frankly pussy V8s we have now

Agreed about the lap - scruffy and imprecise. A decent driver wouldn't have let the car do half of what it did.

Also reminded how crap Imola is these days. It's just short straights punctuated by chicanes. No decent corners, no decent passing places. Just dull.

But the V8s supposedly have more torque than the V10s did, and that's the cause of oversteer, so if anything the V8s will be harder out of slow corners. But the cars are so well sorted these days, that even Montoya would struggle to look that scruffy.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG