The online racing simulator
Nvidia
(66 posts, started )
will i be able play Test Drive unlimited ? on low graphics with my video card?
Yes, I can play it at full settings, 1080p with a 9800GTX
It should be worth mentioning that the newer 9800GTX+ cards are on the 55nm process, versus 9800gtx/8800gtx 65nm. So they do actually use less power, but, most vendors overclock them. I recently bought a BFG 9800GTX+ 1GB OC for 159.99us. It only needed one PCI-E 6 pin power connector, vs most similar cards that require two. I overclocked the hell out of it, runs cool and quiet. I'm using a Black Widow 850Watt power supply, which is overkill. Just buy any 500 watt+ PSU from newegg or tigerdirect, ANY of them will run a 9800GTX+, hence the (+).
Quote from DHRammstein :I recently bought a BFG 9800GTX+ 1GB OC for 159.99us.

Us = $?
WHERE?!?!
I want it too
I suggest you wait a couple of weeks. The 9800GTX are renamed towards the 2 serie names. The 9800GTX has become the GTS250, falls right into place with the GTX2.. Serie. The clock speeds has been raised a bit higher aswell so again it is faster as a 9800GTX. The first review is out and although its teh same chip here is the final word :

Quote : So compared to the GeForce 9800 GTX+, the GTS 250 might be, simply put, boring, but it's the price that is the big dealmaker. You can expect a 1024MB version of the GeForce GTS 250 for 150 USD and that is a very nice sweet spot for gaming. By doing so NVIDIA saves you another 50 to 75 USD placing the GTS 250 smack down in the middle of mid-range pricing. The result is a good and great gaming experience, for not a lot of money ... and as such, there's just absolutely nothing wrong with this product.

Review can be found here.

Although it is a 2048MB GTS250, according to the reviewer not really needed a 2Gb of video memory but the 1Gb and 512Mb versions are the bang for the buck.
Bah, it is 300$. :sadbanana
bananas...
You might have seen me asking around on other topics, as i want to upgrade my pc when i've got the right amount of money. I hope you don't mind me polluting all of the topics.

First off, the PSU.. i currently have a standard PSU included in my Fujitsu Siemens.
I've read the posts from dougie lampkin, claiming that most of the pre-built computers have strange PSU's which can't be replaced in most of the cases.
Does anyone know if this is also the case with the Fujitsu Siemens PC's?
And if so, would the 600W Coolermaster Silent Pro be good enough for the below listed VideoCards?

I was thinking about upgrading to either the GeForce 9800GTX+ superclocked edition.
http://www.paradigit.nl/info.php?group=3&art=10019956 Which is €128,00.

Or the XFX GeForce 9800GTX+ http://www.paradigit.nl/info.php?group=3&art=10019370 Which is €139,95.

Now, because the first GPU is saying ''superclocked'' i suppose it would be better then the XFX Geforce 9800GTX+.. but it's cheaper.
(Excuses for the Dutch language, the first thing of the list is the memory clock, i think the rest of the list speaks for itself).
MSI MS-7379 (G31M)
Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
2 GB's of 667 Mhz RAM (Included with the pre-built pc)
XFX Geforce 8600GT

Which one would you prefer?
Thanks in advance.
Ty but i have vista premium people sai they are shit but there not
#61 - Jakg
Quote from Stiggie :You might have seen me asking around on other topics, as i want to upgrade my pc when i've got the right amount of money. I hope you don't mind me polluting all of the topics.

First off, the PSU.. i currently have a standard PSU included in my Fujitsu Siemens.
I've read the posts from dougie lampkin, claiming that most of the pre-built computers have strange PSU's which can't be replaced in most of the cases.
Does anyone know if this is also the case with the Fujitsu Siemens PC's?
And if so, would the 600W Coolermaster Silent Pro be good enough for the below listed VideoCards?

I was thinking about upgrading to either the GeForce 9800GTX+ superclocked edition.
http://www.paradigit.nl/info.php?group=3&art=10019956 Which is €128,00.

Or the XFX GeForce 9800GTX+ http://www.paradigit.nl/info.php?group=3&art=10019370 Which is €139,95.

Now, because the first GPU is saying ''superclocked'' i suppose it would be better then the XFX Geforce 9800GTX+.. but it's cheaper.
(Excuses for the Dutch language, the first thing of the list is the memory clock, i think the rest of the list speaks for itself).
MSI MS-7379 (G31M)
Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
2 GB's of 667 Mhz RAM (Included with the pre-built pc)
XFX Geforce 8600GT

Which one would you prefer?
Thanks in advance.

Even if your PSU was totally standard (I think it would be on a Fujitsu) it would still be the lowest cheapest one that could run all the kit it came with - I doubt that it would run an extra graphics card (although it might)
Quote from deiwisxxx :Ty but i have vista premium people sai they are shit but there not

What?
Quote from Jakg :Even if your PSU was totally standard (I think it would be on a Fujitsu) it would still be the lowest cheapest one that could run all the kit it came with - I doubt that it would run an extra graphics card (although it might)

That wasn't what i ment to ask.
I was going to change the PSU anyway, the one i've got included with the pc right now only has a capacity of 350W, which was only just enough for the 8600GT i've got now.'
I believe the 9800GTX+ requires around 550Watt's, so i was going to go for the new coolermaster silent pro (600W) anyway.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :
You'll need to check with your system specs as to what power the PSU is. New cards (the 9xxx series Nvidia, with the 8800GTX not far behind) need much more power than a 7100. I'm not sure on Acer, but I know that Dell and HP use odd PSUs that are a headwrecker to source and replace at times.

It was my question regarding if this would be the same story with a pre-built fujitsu siemens pc.
Would there be any compatibility problems with changing the PSU on a standard pc?
Quote from deiwisxxx :MY dad would go mad if i do that any other way of finding out?

Whys that? If so, i guess that he doesnt know about PC's? ... Nothing will happen if u just open the case and look inside of it. If u change anything in it, then the thingy stops (depends on the 'thingy' rules)

Sorry, i dont know the right word for this 'thingy'
Quote from Stiggie :That wasn't what i ment to ask.
I was going to change the PSU anyway, the one i've got included with the pc right now only has a capacity of 350W, which was only just enough for the 8600GT i've got now.'
I believe the 9800GTX+ requires around 550Watt's, so i was going to go for the new coolermaster silent pro (600W) anyway.

It was my question regarding if this would be the same story with a pre-built fujitsu siemens pc.
Would there be any compatibility problems with changing the PSU on a standard pc?

Could anyone please answer to this @ post 63, i really want to be sure of my case before i'm gonna go shopping.
Quote from Jakg :You'll need, at minimum, a 500w PSU for an 8800GTX - the 8800GT is almost as fast and will need a lower PSU (but you will still need a replacement PSU).

500W would be plenty for those specs. My i7, GTX285 machine idles at around 200W and only hits around 360W at full whack.

Nvidia
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG