The online racing simulator
LFS Car Viewer (PC / Mac / Linux)
(89 posts, started )
the only one I've tried is a game called Redline. it opens but has major problems with graphics and buttons. some of the files are corrupted too (like the readme. no one ever reads them anyway ).
I get an error message (see attachment). I have X11 installed and other universal binaries (eg. Redline) have run fine without issues. Version 10.4.8
It seems this has been wiped Did anyone save it for posterity? I was looking for the Mac viewer.
wow, seems like awesome app, anyone could upload windows version as well?
Doesnt it do what the normal lfs viewer does now?
links dont work for me...
Sorry I tend not to keep my old projects, I have many written so much stuff over the years across so many platforms it is just impossible to keep on top of it all, and as far as I know I no longer have the archive or source for this anywhere.
Quote :it may be better.

It was not better, but it was on Mac - it was the first 3D thing I ever made on the Mac, I was learning new tools and it struck me as a worthwhile project to attempt. It wasnt intended as an all singing all dancing upgrade for the official (Windows only) viewer.
Does someone still have this? Download links doesn't work...
Quote from Becky Rose :This is a work in progress of a new multi-platform car viewer.

Novel features include the ability to load a skin from other car types (handy for XRG/XRT), the ability to view two cars at once, and a customisable light & rendering system.

I will update this top post as new versions become available.
PC Version: Version R6 : .rar Format | .zip Format
Mac Version: Version R8: .zip Format
Linux Version: Give me a week or two please
The only different between R6 PC & R8 on the Mac is better Mac compatibility.

Version R8 is a universal binary which supports both Intel and PPC Macs

I do realise that the models are not perfect this is all very early stages still (Started yesterday) - but it does basically work .

PC Screenshot (R5) - Mac Screenshot (R7)

Note 1: To select a skin you must double click.

the download link is out :S
Well the good news is I found the project in my repository. The bad news is I don't have a compiled Mac version, only Windows and the source. There's no point re-releasing just the Windows version (the official viewer is better). I plan to get a Macintosh again sometime so maybe this project can resurface in the future.

LFS Car Viewer (PC / Mac / Linux)
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG