The online racing simulator
Nvidia
(66 posts, started )
i love my 6600gt... even though it's agp8x.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If you don't know what PSU stands for, don't even think of upgrading. Take your computer to an upgrade store where they know what they're doing, or buy a new PC.

please think what you are saing !!! i will not upgrade my pc my self and i would not buy a new one because this is brand new and im not RITCH!

How much will that PSU cost?
Don't buy 8-series GPU. They are outdated.

You can get XFX 9800GT for 120$ at Newegg.

And with that good PC you sure can change windows XP to vista or Se7en.
Quote from Shadowww :Don't buy 8-series GPU. They are outdated.

what about PSU i have to buy PSU to or what how much in total will it cost?
Quote from deiwisxxx :what about PSU i have to buy PSU to or what how much in total will it cost?

How much W PSU u have ATM?
9800GT needs as much power as 8800GTX, but it supports DirectX 10.1 and WDDM 1.1 for Win7.
O-M-G do i need new PSU? if i do how much is it for GTX?
8800GTX must use a bit more power than 8800GT or 9800GT.
will i have to change anything if i buy 9800GTX or8800GTX? jus change video card thats it?
Well, if your PSU is under 400W, then it will not be enough.

But you don't need 9800GTX - for LFS even 9600GT is enough, and with 9800GT you will be able to handle even GTA IV
#37 - Jakg
You WILL need to change your PSU (or at least it's 99% likely) - the 7100 you have atm uses very very little power, so you are effectively asking your PSU for another 100w - On a pre-built corners are cut whereever possible and so the smallest PSU you can get away with is used.

A new PSU is about £40-£50.
Quote from Shadowww :Don't buy 8-series GPU. They are outdated.

Can i have your Skype or Msn write in pm il ask more quastions
how do i know what psu is on my pc what W is it
?
Open your case and look..

And I don't have Skype or MSN, only Jabber.
Quote from Shadowww :Open your case and look..

And I don't have Skype or MSN, only Jabber.

MY dad would go mad if i do that any other way of finding out?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, but that's way overpowered, and it probably wouldn't fit your case. What model number is your PC?

Most are all ATX form factor so are generic fit.

Taken from the site :

Quote :his PSU is ideal for server applications or in smaller Form Factor chassis

Guessing it'll fit in anything other than Micro-ATX.
But prebuilts often use weird PSU sizes and sometimes even built them into the case. On my current PC the PSU is held in with 4 screws from the back, but on my last Dell it was welded into the case
My rig had a 250w PSU when I bought it. It was a Packard Bell iMedia 1509/1508 and I went from that to a 550w Q-TEC in the standard case (:really and now have a 600w OCZ one in this custom case, both fitted without problems.
I never said they all do it...But a lot of manufacturers have been known to
I'm 95% certain this is a lost cause.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I never said they all do it...But a lot of manufacturers have been known to

I know mate, I'm just saying.

Don't take it the wrong way!
#50 - Jakg
Quote from dougie-lampkin :But prebuilts often use weird PSU sizes and sometimes even built them into the case. On my current PC the PSU is held in with 4 screws from the back, but on my last Dell it was welded into the case

Thats just Dell - everything is a PITA with them (i.e. the crazy-ass way they mount the GFX cards in their high-end PC's).

Nvidia
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG